Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 06:50 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times

Advertisements

I'll take your word that he didn't know anyone had died when he made his remark. Still not funny. However, a lot of people are making comments on Facebook and elsewhere that it's just hilarious that a train carrying GOP Congressmen had a truck carrying trash well after they did know someone died and others were seriously hurt. There is no irony in that. None at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yours targets someone directly traumatized-not funny. And has no humor in it. And yet....There are a ton of Lincoln assassination jokes. And they are funny.
I'll grant you that point. I started to use the Lincoln joke but didn't because I see it so often. And later I ran across it in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The point is, Trump fans claim to be anti-PC as long as it gives them license to act like asses. When a democrat behaves in the same way, all of a sudden Trump fans become indignant.

It’s hypocrisy, simply put.
I think we might have said kinda the same thing when I made the case that using Trump as a defense for what someone else says is not really a good defense. What this guy said was out of line. I don't need to be reminded of wrong things anyone else has said before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 07:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Shrug. Could be, but I got to say...as a kid...we made horrifying jokes. I think it is kinda PC to be upset about this, especially given the facts known when it was stated. And...theres nothing wrong with being a little pc either.

I'd link to the other forum, but I suspect its against the TOS here to do so. but it made that pages front page.
Again, a comparison to behaviors of a child.

You're doing a great job digging that hole greywar.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
No one died when he made the joke. He was not making a joke about that person’s death. That’s not the point, anyway. The point is, Trump fans claim to be anti-PC as long as it gives them license to act like asses. When a democrat behaves in the same way, all of a sudden Trump fans become indignant.

It’s hypocrisy, simply put.
What if you judge individuals based on their own merits? Where does that leave you personally on what this man said?

Old 01-31-2018, 07:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Again, a comparison to behaviors of a child.

You're doing a great job digging that hole greywar.
Again pointing out that even little kids arent such snowflakes.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
No one was cheering the death, although all of you seem to want to try that false narrative. Why are you politicizing someones death like this?
gmafb

the simp who is the subject of this thread was indeed cheering. don't **** down our backs and pretend it's raining.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Pffft !!!!! This is NOTHING. Just look at some of the things Alex Jones says. Not so good when it is on the other side, is it.
I don't care who says things similar to what was said!

On either side people who make statements like this should be fired and/or not allowed on any channel!

If this is allowed than don't be mad or complain about racism, inequality, etc.

Because than we can have everyone say whatever they want and let it all be ok!

People can disagree by normal discussions but not like this.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Again pointing out that even little kids arent such snowflakes.
https://www.education.com/reference/...e-development/

Old 01-31-2018, 07:19 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Snowflaking is over something trivial, like not letting your kid go to college X because that's where Hillary or Obama etc. went to school.

Mocking a serious accident is pretty low and not appreciating the "humor" of politicizing a fatal accident does not fit that definition if one were to stop and think it over.
I totally agree. This was a very tragic day for the driver's family, and the other person who was hospitalized. I hope he recovers. I see no humor in this situation at all. No matter what party we affiliate with, it shouldn't preclude our acting with common decency and respect.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I totally agree. This was a very tragic day for the driver's family, and the other person who was hospitalized. I hope he recovers. I see no humor in this situation at all. No matter what party we affiliate with, it shouldn't preclude our acting with common decency and respect.
But little kids kill ants with magnifying glasses!

- a poster that shall remain nameless

Old 01-31-2018, 07:23 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
That was a completely unacceptable comment, he should be ashamed.

So was CNN's response about Fox shouldn't comment as they are run by sexual predators. (paraphrased)

True about Fox, but that doesn't make Tasini's comments right.

Be clear, he is not an employee or paid by CNN. If it were my company though, I would not support what he said, and I would probably not ask him back.

Fox is just as bad though. I do not listen to either of them, they are a hysterical bunch of loons. (not funny hysterical...)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies