Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 11:32 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Gowdy seems fairly mellow compared to other investigations he sat on, very odd that he choose to announce his retirement when the memo was released.
i noticed a shift in character as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 11:32 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
If President Trump is so totally innocent, then why would he be worried about his phones being wire tapped?

The FISA warrant under question was written and approved for surveillance on Carter Page. The Nunes memo makes that very clear. No where in the Nunes memo does it say, "wire taps were put on the President's phone." Now, if Nunes' memo HAD said that the President's phones were wiretapped by his own DOJ, THAT would have been a true bombshell.

But the FISA request was made to authorize surveillance (again this is from the Nunes memo) on Carter Page.

So, really no one in Trump's administration need worry unless, of course, they were on the phone with Carter Page discussing and directing his trip to Moscow and his meetings with Sechin, or something else that might incriminate them.

None of which explains the DOJ's non-denial denial on the Trump Tower wiretap issue.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:33 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I wonder who is writing Nunes' talking points.

In any case, to me, it doesn't matter if Page OR Papadopolous OR Flynn OR Mannafort or anyone else ever sat in a meeting with President Trump.

What matters to me (and should matter to other Americans) is whether Page, Papadopolous, Flynn, Mannafort or anyone else sat in on meetings with the Russians to discuss the American election.

I have never seen this about Trump. I've always seen it about our electoral process, and whether there was foreign influence on it. I am not talking about Russians stuffing ballot boxes, but rather foreign governments offering incriminating evidence to either or both campaigns, cutting quid pro quid deals with either campaign, or manipulating voters with false information.

I have never cared where the chips may fall. Republican, Democrat, makes no difference to me. (I'd be pushing for a Mueller like investigation if Clinton had won as well, by the way).

I just want to know that when I go to vote this year that I am voting for what is "right and true" and not some foreign government's version of it.
I completely agree!

Old 02-05-2018, 11:33 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am an independent and I have voted for candidates from both sides before. BBC is about as neutral as you can get. They don't tell me what to think or present it as propaganda like Fox News or CNN.
i'm with you an all points (... and a SD native to boot ).

Old 02-05-2018, 11:35 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They certainly haven't so far.
Well not publically, investigations aren't supposed to have public updates and press releases as is the case with the house investigation. Mueller asked for 90 days before Flynn's sentencing, seems like there is more to this.

I don't believe Trump colluded but his family and campaign committee member's sure seem to be on shaky ground. It will be interesting when they get into his financial dealings, nothing directly to do with the Russians but we will see.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:37 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
None of which explains the DOJ's non-denial denial on the Trump Tower wiretap issue.
I'll grant you that.

But, even if the DOJ did have other wiretaps, the President has nothing to worry about if he did nothing wrong.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:40 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
This brought to mind one of my all-time favorite clips of Chris Wallace where he tries to make sense out of Trump's attorney Sekulow arguing with himself over whether Trump is under investigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Fl32iRCN0&t=143s

I believe the conclusion was either that Trump is not under investigation or no one knows whether he is or not.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm surprised Bob Mueller lets you post on CD during the workday. Does he let all of the other team-members post on the internet or are you a special case?
Mueller's investigation is leaking like a sieve.

Somebody needs to do something.

Where's that Nunes when you need him?

Old 02-05-2018, 11:42 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,648,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Gowdy seems fairly mellow compared to other investigations he sat on, very odd that he choose to announce his retirement when the memo was released.
In fairness, quite a few Senators and Congresspeople (on both sides) have announced their upcoming retirements this year.

Even politicians get worn down by the crapola in D.C. after a while.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I'm a little more inclined to believe what politicians have to say when they are not running for re-election. (And that goes for people on both sides of the aisle). Of course, even then there are exceptions.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
What non-denial denial?

DOJ was clear they found not one iota of evidence to support Trump's claim that Obama wiretapped him.

Case closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies