Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 11:24 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have Crohn's disease. I cannot eat most foods. I eat mostly chicken, white rice (brown rice tears up my stomach), and mashed potatoes. Regular milk tears me up. I can drink organic milk though. Only difference I think is all the trace amount of antibiotics in the regular milk. Most antibiotics make me sick. I can't even eat a lot of fruit because it breaks me out with sores if I eat too many. There's a lot of people with food problems like this.
Yes, it makes it damned hard to eat, doesn't it? Having to be afraid of food deprives you of one of life's most basic pleasures. Ruins your social life too.

You have my full sympathy. Crohn's is no joke.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
And I'm sure for NONE of them that low wage has nothing to do with their skill set, attitude, or work ethic. Plenty of people don't fall into those buckets and work really hard or have some skills, but lets not pretend that these people are just getting really underpaid and are such high value employees.
Some of the hardest working, best attitude, and incredibly high work ethic people I know make minimum wage, or near minimum. They just arent smart enough to have a well paid skill set. So lets not pretend that your argument is based on anything other then trying to denigrate people to justify poor payment to them.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:27 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,861,004 times
Default TRUMP really trying to get run out og office?

Can u imagine, just saw where TRUMP wants to get rid of food stamps, and start giving food stamp recipients boxes of food with common stuff in it like us regular working folks have to eat. This is gona make a lot of people mad, around the 1st of the month when the cards are reloaded it's like a free for all around here. Course we do load up our carts like this whenever I'm able to work 4 or 5 weeks of major overtime in a row and catch up on our bills. The rest of the time it's just regular cheap food, nuthen like the folks at the 1st of month load up on. In fact, people look at me like I'm stupid when I pay for food at the 1st of the month in cash, it's that uncommon, lol. Saw where one person was complaining about how they would get there special food there DR. had them on. Darn the go to the DR., must have good insurance because this crappy expensive health insurance we have makes a doctors visit unaffordable, maybe if I get really sick and loose my job, insurance, home and such I'll end up on the governments program and can get sum good free insurance and food and live it up with the rest of the poor folks, just my luck, Trump will have it all screwed up where by that time it'll be just as crappy as the insurance and food I got now. JUST LUV ME SUM DONALD TRUMP

Old 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Yup, they sure load up. uh huh. on that massive $254 average food stamp benefit they must eat steak every day! Yup.

I mena hey with that $254 they spend a massive $2.82 on each meal for their family. Im sure that buys tons of steak for them and their kids.

Oh and you will love that free food! Yup! and the BEST insurance....(clue-its often not the best).

Being that poor sucks. Like a lot. feel free to try it.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yup, they sure load up. uh huh. on that massive $254 average food stamp benefit they must eat steak every day! Yup.

I mena hey with that $254 they spend a massive $2.82 on each meal for their family. Im sure that buys tons of steak for them and their kids.

Oh and you will love that free food! Yup! and the BEST insurance....(clue-its often not the best).

Being that poor sucks. Like a lot. feel free to try it.
According to your description, sounds as if they will do a lot better under Trump's plan.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:43 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Can u imagine, just saw where TRUMP wants to get rid of food stamps, and start giving food stamp recipients boxes of food with common stuff in it like us regular working folks have to eat. This is gona make a lot of people mad, around the 1st of the month when the cards are reloaded it's like a free for all around here. Course we do load up our carts like this whenever I'm able to work 4 or 5 weeks of major overtime in a row and catch up on our bills. The rest of the time it's just regular cheap food, nuthen like the folks at the 1st of month load up on. In fact, people look at me like I'm stupid when I pay for food at the 1st of the month in cash, it's that uncommon, lol. Saw where one person was complaining about how they would get there special food there DR. had them on. Darn the go to the DR., must have good insurance because this crappy expensive health insurance we have makes a doctors visit unaffordable, maybe if I get really sick and loose my job, insurance, home and such I'll end up on the governments program and can get sum good free insurance and food and live it up with the rest of the poor folks, just my luck, Trump will have it all screwed up where by that time it'll be just as crappy as the insurance and food I got now. JUST LUV ME SUM DONALD TRUMP
Bet they barely speak English, as well.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:45 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,867,616 times
OP- How do you know that every single person loading up their carts is a Food Stamp recipient? Do you stalk each and every one of them to the check out to see what they are using as payment method?

Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,861,004 times
An extra $254 a person, not bad, cash job on the side, free rent, healthcare not all that bad, just don't add the old man or you'll blow the whole scam, lol. (clue-its often not the best) clue-its the worse of the worse OBAMA could dream up that a lot of us working folks now have. Kinda thought bout splitin up and giving it a try before, not a whole lot to loose.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:51 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Eventually the abusers of the SNAP program will be vetted out. But, Its free food people. Maybe if we had stronger family values, and were able to live within our means, stay married etc, we wouldn't have these problems.
And what pray tell say you to our Military who are on food stamps also?

(God forbid we should pay them enough so they don't have to be on Government assistance!)

Old 02-13-2018, 12:53 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
An extra $254 a person, not bad, cash job on the side, free rent, healthcare not all that bad, just don't add the old man or you'll blow the whole scam, lol. (clue-its often not the best) clue-its the worse of the worse OBAMA could dream up that a lot of us working folks now have. Kinda thought bout splitin up and giving it a try before, not a whole lot to loose.
Do you have a source? This just sounds like a bar rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies