Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 04:40 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,111,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Listen, Obama was weak and spineless with the Russians. I am very disappointed with him and it will impact his legacy.

I don't give him a pass.

Trump is now president and the Russians actively interfered in our elections is gearing up to do the same.

We now know that Trump lied when he said Russian meddling was a hoax.

It is time we addressed the issue with real sanctions and cyber retaliation, but we are sitting on our asses because of the fat man now in the oval office.

Cyber retaliation?

Do you want Republicans to work in the DNC's poor cyber security for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 04:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,395,866 times
This is horrible news.

Today I learned that people on the internet, in the news, and in ads aren't always honest with me.

And the topper: even States themselves aren't always honest. If you can't trust the government then who can you trust?

I know you guys can't see me but I'm crying behind my rose-colored glasses. It's going to take weeks for me to get over this.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:43 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Not really. Collusion is fake news. The Russian government hacking the DNC is fake news. Russian "interference" (which implies having a significant impact) is fake news. Russian propaganda is not fake news, and no one ever said it was. It has been grossly exaggerated, however.
The Russians did in fact hack the DNC, is a few million social media posts with fake actors to get trump elected considered significant.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,891,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Libs here now say Bernie and Jill Stein campaigns were also helped by the Russians

Anyone that tried to prevent queen Hillary from being coronated is a Russian agent it seems
Yeah this is all just a democrat and Hillary hoax. Before they were all deplorables and white supremacist. That didn't work so now they're all Russian agents.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times
Quote:
Cyber retaliation?

LOL. We could do a lot of different things. hacking them back, DOS attacks, etc etc.

Personally I prefer more physical methods-like say lobbing a tomahawk missile into the buildings these folks operate from. I DO view this as exactly what the Russians termed it. Warfare. warfare is warfare no matter how you frame it-ie informational warfare is what they called it.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Russians did in fact hack the DNC, is a few million social media posts with fake actors to get trump elected considered significant.

Guess we need to ban Russian s from using Facebook

Also amazing that some social media posts overcame Hillary's billion dollar campaign and having the media on her side

3,841 posts, read 1,983,858 times
Quote:
Listen, Obama was weak and spineless with the Russians. I am very disappointed with him and it will impact his legacy.

I don't give him a pass.

Trump is now president and the Russians actively interfered in our elections and is gearing up to do the same for the midterms.

We now know that Trump lied when he said Russian meddling was a hoax.

It is time we addressed the issue with real sanctions and cyber retaliation, but we are sitting on our asses because of the fat man now in the oval office.
Agreed. Trump needs to step up.

7,800 posts, read 4,407,976 times
Quote:
Cyber retaliation?

Let's hope the DNC, and this will surprise you, the RNC, has taken precautions against Russian cyber attacks. I don't want to read internal emails from either party.

Republicans I suspect were also hacked into, but Russians backed the Republicans, hence no WikiLeaks episodes.

Old 02-16-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. We could do a lot of different things. hacking them back, DOS attacks, etc etc.

Personally I prefer more physical methods-like say lobbing a tomahawk missile into the buildings these folks operate from. I DO view this as exactly what the Russians termed it. Warfare. warfare is warfare no matter how you frame it-ie informational warfare is what they called it.

Ah. So libs want war with Russia thanks for admitting it

Old 02-16-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Let's hope the DNC, and this will surprise you, the RNC, has taken precautions against Russian cyber attacks. I don't want to read internal emails from either party.

Republicans I suspect were also hacked into, but Russians backed the Republicans, hence on WikiLeaks episodes.

The DNC having poor cyber security is not any Republians fault. That is all on them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies