Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 10:25 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
We know, it was right in the 37 page indictment write up. Not news. Not sure what you think it proves. They worked against Clinton, Cruz, and Rubio. The blatently stated they favored Trump but were okay with Bernie.

Lots of dots!

Not sure why you haven't connected them.

The Russians wanted to sow discord in the United States.

That's their end game.

It's like what Ho Chi Menh did during the Vietnam War.

He knew he couldn't defeat a united United States, so he worked on dividing us and it worked.

Former KGB agent Putin didn't miss that lesson.

Another way of understanding this is crossover voters that vote in the other party's primary.

They might vote for the candidate in second place in order to force a long, drawn-out primary fight that drains the other party's resources and makes uniting the party behind the eventual primary winner much more difficult.

This is essentially what the Russians attempted to do.

Hillary was expected to easily walk away with the primary and then the presidency, so they backed her only serious primary opponent.

Bernie ultimately failed to dethrone Hillary, but not before forcing her to fight tooth and nail for the primary and seriously dividing the party.

They attempted the same thing in the Republican primary by backing the underdogs.

Of course, the degree to which their limited efforts were effective is debatable.

At this point, it seems more an effort to probe our lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Sure, if you want to put it that way.

The Dems chose poorly, no argument.

I just don't see your argument. Russians got caught doing an Information Operation to divide the U.S. I have no issues punishing them. No American is called out in that indictment. What's your issue with it? Why must we deflect about the DNC?

Because Democrats have been pushing the collusion-delusion for a year and a half.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Well, that's an incredibly simplistic way of looking at this.
It's only complicated if you are looking for something that isn't there.

BTW, give it up...it's over.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post51057248

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post51056278

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post51056209

Old 02-17-2018, 10:40 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
My guy in 2016 was Gary Johnson. I have not voted Dem or GOP since Perot first ran. I am just not blinded by some sort of Trump anger and paranoia to miss what is obvious. I just want America to prosper. Pushing this Russia narrative helps Russia and hurts America. They are laughing at us as they drink their vodka. If that does not bother you, you are not a real American.
But you are not the poster I was responding to.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
My guy in 2016 was Gary Johnson. I have not voted Dem or GOP since Perot first ran. I am just not blinded by some sort of Trump anger and paranoia to miss what is obvious. I just want America to prosper. Pushing this Russia narrative helps Russia and hurts America. They are laughing at us as they drink their vodka. If that does not bother you, you are not a real American.
I'm sure, laughing at the mess they caused here.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'm sure, laughing at the mess they caused here.

More like mess they just exploited. The division was already there after the Obama administration became more and more far left

Old 02-17-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Because Democrats have been pushing the collusion-delusion for a year and a half.
Is it really the Dems, or the DOJ. The Dems didn't initiate this investigation, Trump's own hand picked people got this all going. He fired Comey, Mueller replaced him, and it's the Dems fault. This is a republican administration, stop blaming the dems for everything. And Mueller is a life long republican .

Old 02-17-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
More like mess they just exploited. The division was already there after the Obama administration became more and more far left
And the republican became more and more far right, and thus you got the mess we see in Washington today. I mean really far right, is there anything such as a moderate republican today.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:06 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
#1 Soros is a American citizen.
#2 theres no evidence of your accusation of Soros bussing folks in, just more nonsense.
#3 both sides in this case-even if we accepted your nonsense....involve a American on one side, and ourold cold war enemies on the other.
Oh, I see,,,,so Soros recently became a US citizen so you want to call him an American. This despite he is on record as being against most American values and our constitutional republican form of governance.

I know you are an avowed leftist, but good luck with supporting Soros and trying to get most Americans to agree with you.

`

Old 02-18-2018, 02:10 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Since these indictments, Obama name is off the charts in this thread of late. Hardly heard the man named called in relations to this investigation.
You must have missed the many times Obama was pointed out in previous iterations of Russian interference, such as U.S. intelligence agencies agreeing that Russia tried to hack into our system.

The sitting U.S. President is obviously accountable for responding to any alleged foreign meddling in our election that happened for years under his watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies