Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 09:12 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This, exactly.

People keep insisting that there was no influence and again I have to ask, how would they know?

It’s been pretty obvious for several years that people don’t research their sources of information.
Stuff gets re-tweeted and shared on FB and turned into chain emails and/or is used to start threads here, much of it without any basis in fact and easily disproven.

If people are open and receptive to questionable sources, those sources will continue to have influence.

If people continue to not do their due diligence and verify, verify, verify, those sources will continue to have influence.

To argue otherwise is totally naive.
Those who keep insisting there was no influence are the same ones posting one lie after the next.

Now either they believe these lies and are passing them on out of naiveté or ignorance,

or

they are part of the propaganda campaign.

They are either gullible, "unwitting" participants in spreading lies and propaganda or they are co-conspirators in this ongoing attempt to defraud Americans.

It's one or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 09:20 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Those who keep insisting there was no influence are the same ones posting one lie after the next.

Now either they believe these lies and are passing them on out of naiveté or ignorance,

or

They are either gullible, "unwitting" participants in spreading lies and propaganda or they are co-conspirators in this ongoing attempt to defraud Americans.

It's one or the other.

What lie?

Is Hillary was a crappy candidate a lie?

Old 02-18-2018, 09:25 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What lie?

According to the liberal news media and the left in general, that is the lie of the century.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:46 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I voted Stein and Sanders. Ruled Johnson out when he picked Weld.
It was either Stein or Johnson since Sanders was not in the general. So what was the big deal about Weld?

Veeps are relatively unimportant IMHO. Better him than McaAfee. Who would have matched Trump in entertainment value but the party would have been taken even less seriously. I like McaAfee just not on the libertarian ticket.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:47 AM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What lie?

Well the left really believed she was the most qualified candidates ever or so they said. So that might be why.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:00 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
16 Russians Indicted!

All Russians.

13 Russian nationals and 3 Russian entities.
Drudge reporting now, with a CNBC story.

Using Social Media accounts not in their name, is now legally wire fraud.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/russ...ers-probe.html
Those 16 Russians were all running troll farms, where hundreds of trolls were doing the grunt work.

Some of the trolls were writing programming that could crawl a website like this one, catch the drift of the comments living Americans made on it, and then invent messages, comments, etc. that appear to be from Americans, but are actually nothing but smart net robots who fill up places like Twitter, Facebook, UTube, etc. automatically.

That's what brainwashing is all about.

Getting someone who already is favorable to someone to become fanatically committed to that person. A fanatic is more likely to vote than someone less committed.
Someone who didn't like the Russian's guy is much harder to convert that someone who kinda likes him but isn't real sure yet.

And the person the Russians wanted in 2016 was the guy they knew and knew they could manipulate. Every time that guy called her Crooked Hillary, some Russian bots spread it instantly all over the net, and added some other stuff that made her look bad, too.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:10 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Russians really don't give a s__ who is president, as long as they can undermine and weaken us as a nation and as a world power. They almost certainly expected Hillary to win, so creating conflict in that case meant supporting her opponent. Now they continue to oppose us and their influence operations continue, even now that Trump has won. Surely you have seen the reports from our intelligence organizations anticipating the continued attempts to interfere in our elections in 2018 and beyond.

If supporting Trump was the purpose, then how do you explain that? In fact, the Russians were not "supporting" anybody, they were just trying to sow the seeds of conflict and undermine our society as much as they could.
I am sure that Russia will continue but don't you find it odd that they didn't retaliate to our sanctions and expulsion of Russian diplomats. We can agree that they wanted chaos and division, Trump is just adding to that with his comments on our intelligence agencies. They also wanted Clinton to lose I assume because of the 2011 election so they accomplished both. I recall Trump praising Putin and Russia after the election, even now he has yet to criticize Russia for their actions. But he has criticized the DOJ and his own intelligence chief, if you are Russia it doesn't get any better than that.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What lies do I post?

Quote:
What propaganda campaign am I a part of?

Old 02-18-2018, 12:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
It was either Stein or Johnson since Sanders was not in the general. So what was the big deal about Weld?
He is no different than a Bush Republican.

Quote:
Veeps are relatively unimportant IMHO. Better him than McaAfee. Who would have matched Trump in entertainment value but the party would have been taken even less seriously. I like McaAfee just not on the libertarian ticket.
I am involved in the (L) party in state. No one approved of Weld.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:23 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am also. But constantly protesting against a president just because you are upset he won changes nothing except helps countries like Russia and China

I am anti interventionist. That was a big reason I voted for Johnson. I would have voted for Sanders in the general mostly for that reason. Stein was another option.

Obama won being anti Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and Trump to a lesser degree. Yet we are still intertwined all over the world and still are the worlds police. And not much has changed. Certainly Hillary would have been the same on this. She is way more hawkish than Obama or Trump.

It never will change until we breakaway from the two party grip on the system.

I don't think the reason is that simple, it's way more to it than that. Yes, people were upset about him winning in the beginning, but it's all the other stuff as well and the list is long. And I'm not even talking about the Russian investigation why people are upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies