Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 12:13 PM

447 posts, read 558,132 times

Advertisements

Wait, people said gun control would not work since criminals could always get guns. Well, apparently those Chinese criminals didn't have gun. And I was wondering why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 12:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Just stop it, gun nuts. We are not coming to take your guns. You guys were so paranoid under Obama that I had to pay a fortune for ammo. People are dead at the hands of a stranger and you want to complain about a right that you * think* might be infringed on?
And they never, ever talk about the right to live of those who are slaughtered. Those people's rights just don't matter, I guess.

What do they do, look at their beloved guns, then look at the pictures of the myriad of victims, and come to the decision that their guns have more value than those lost lives?

Old 02-17-2018, 12:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When people are intent on killing others, they will find a way no matter how many laws we create.

33 Dead, 130 Injured in China Knife-Wielding Spree

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/3...g-spree-n41966
With a population of 1.4 million, this is statistically insignificant.

Your link makes clear this attack was tribal in nature and perpetuated by an organized group of thugs.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:44 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Just stop it, gun nuts. We are not coming to take your guns. You guys were so paranoid under Obama that I had to pay a fortune for ammo. People are dead at the hands of a stranger and you want to complain about a right that you * think* might be infringed on?
Starting your comments with "gun nuts" is not anyway to start a conversation. The only ammo I had to pay up for was .22LR.....everything else stayed the same, pretty much.

DIFI, is that you....

Old 02-17-2018, 12:46 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And they never, ever talk about the right to live of those who are slaughtered. Those people's rights just don't matter, I guess.

What do they do, look at their beloved guns, then look at the pictures of the myriad of victims, and come to the decision that their guns have more value than those lost lives?
Yes, cause the guy that did the killing, so worried about those peoples rights....

So, again, dead is not dead unless you've been killed with a gun....

Why do people that are going to kill, go to gun free zones?

Old 02-17-2018, 12:47 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
>.> was going to make a racial joke about how all chinese are suppose to know kung fu and able to take the knife away...

Old 02-17-2018, 12:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
The right is already infringed upon. Goes in good with the millions of other things the State does in violation of the individual's rights.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
This is not about taking guns. It's about actually addressing the issue.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The right is already infringed upon. Goes in good with the millions of other things the State does in violation of the individual's rights.
Nah, in America we still protect the rights of anyone who so chooses to slaughter as many as they can get away with before they're taken down.

If this right was infringed upon in any way this wouldn't be the case, yet here we are, week after bloody week.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
Wait, people said gun control would not work since criminals could always get guns. Well, apparently those Chinese criminals didn't have gun. And I was wondering why.
If you want to argue that we should be like China, I will pass. Any laws that might be in China did not stop people from killing did it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies