Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2018, 12:54 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Nah, in America we still protect the rights of anyone who so chooses to slaughter as many as they can get away with before they're taken down.

If this right was infringed upon in any way this wouldn't be the case, yet here we are, week after bloody week.
Well, we have people that have been taught, that if you say something that you disagree with, you're a homophob, racist, bigoted, blah blah blah...

Congrats, being politically correct, the left won....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 01:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When people are intent on killing others, they will find a way no matter how many laws we create.

33 Dead, 130 Injured in China Knife-Wielding Spree

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/3...g-spree-n41966
I'm not sure I see your point or the relevance of a 4-year-old political separatist gang attack, classified as an act of terrorism.

They killed about 30 people (varying reports on fatalities). Think how many they could have killed if they all had automatic weapons. There were 10 of them--do the math.

Why would anyone use this as an argument not to create our own laws specific to the US?

We would be attempting to lower the body count.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm not sure I see your point or the relevance of a 4-year-old political separatist gang attack, classified as an act of terrorism.
O.K. nothing wrong with wanting to clarify things.

Quote:
They killed about 30 people (varying reports on fatalities). Think how many they could have killed if they all had automatic weapons.
Or explosives? You will have to note why you picked auto weapons though as outside of the military I'm not sure when the last person was killed with an automatic weapon.

Quote:
Why would anyone use this as an argument not to create our own laws specific to the US?
My argument is people who are intent to kill will kill. That we should address the reasons people decide to kill. Your argument is one where you believe we can lessen the number of people who are killed once people decide to kill.

Mental illness is generally a progressive problem. If you can address it early in it's development you can in many cases slow down or stop it's progression. There is nothing to suggest that restrictions on one form of killing will stop people from killing. Other forms are just as deadly.

I don't want to trade guns for explosives. I want to address the issue before it ever gets that far. Do you have an issue with that?

Old 02-17-2018, 01:20 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Or explosives? You will have to note why you picked auto weapons though as outside of the military I'm not sure when the last person was killed with an automatic weapon.
The Las Vegas shooter used bump-stocks to utilize his semi-auto ARs as automatic.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Las Vegas shooter used bump-stocks to utilize his semi-auto ARs as automatic.
He didn't have an automatic but are we now arguing that when something is restricted that people will find work arounds?

Old 02-17-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
He didn't have an automatic but are we now arguing that when something is restricted that people will find work arounds?
Let me try again: he used bump-stocks to achieve automatic rate of fire from a semi-automatic firearm. He took the most deadly weapon he could buy, and made it even deadlier.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Let me try again: he used bump-stocks to achieve automatic rate of fire from a semi-automatic firearm. He took the most deadly weapon he could buy, and made it even deadlier.
So I will ask again. Are we now arguing that when something is restricted that people will find work arounds?

Old 02-17-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
So I will ask again. Are we now arguing that when something is restricted that people will find work arounds?
I am not arguing anything, I only pointed out what the LV shooter did. His rifles were not restricted, and nor were the bomb-stocks. It is clear the mass-killers pick the most deadly weapon then can get, and their choice is the AR-15. If full-auto light machine guns were available, he wold have used that.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I am not arguing anything, I only pointed out what the LV shooter did. His rifles were not restricted, and nor were the bomb-stocks. It is clear the mass-killers pick the most deadly weapon then can get, and their choice is the AR-15. If full-auto light machine guns were available, he wold have used that.
A bomb in the lobby could have been every bit as dangerous.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:44 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
When people are intent on killing others, they will find a way no matter how many laws we create.

33 Dead, 130 Injured in China Knife-Wielding Spree

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/3...g-spree-n41966
But the killings will be more frequent and the body count will be much higher in a nation that proliferates and glorifies guns - especially high-capacity assault rifles - like candy.

I am so sick of conservatives using the false argument that just because we can't prevent EVERY killing we should do NOTHING while the absurdly high rate of carnage continues unabated.

Your defense of the status quo means you are part of the problem and partly responsible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies