Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 05:25 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
All of these blathering supporters of assault rifles are brave when it comes to confronting someone wielding a knife or maybe a kid with a slingshot or talking about what they’d have done after the fact. In reality, if the other person has an actual gun or God forbid, an assault rifle, the vast majority of these armchair heroes would be running for the hills at first sign of gun fire with everyone else.

Fact is, few people outside of highly trained law enforcement or military would be able to remain composed enough to return fire during an active shooter situation.

Glad we are not talking about an active shooter situation....post fail....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 05:26 AM

779 posts, read 596,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Something else might have worked just as well.
Yeah, like a lightning bolt from the sky.
Quote:
A cup of hot coffee from Starbucks in his face might have been sufficient.
Get every person their personal movable coffee stand with a barista? Guess if you'd be such a situation you would prefer to have a guy with hot coffee to protect you instead of a guy with an AR?
Quote:
We don't need assault rifles for every occasion.
I open my bean cans with them. Jokes aside, guns are not involved in every occasion.
Quote:
Of course the guy with the knife could have overpowered the "hero" and taken the rifle and shot ten people.
That would only happen if the person holding the rifle wouldn't know how to operate it.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:30 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Why are you lefties/gun haters disagreeing with your savior Obama?

Quote:
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia last night.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/ben-s...e-fight-009692

Old 02-28-2018, 05:30 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
So, I'm assuming the brave hero would not have been able to stop this knife-wielder with a revolver, shotgun, or enforced low capacity and non-full auto rifle or pistol, correct? All of those bullets would have just bounced off the knife-wielder's regenerative armor and nothing short of a 45-round per minute stream of fire would have downed him, right? Because THAT is what is being discussed here - citizens owning room-sweeping weapons of mass murder, not "we need to ban all guns."

I am so tired of the right's cowardice on this topic and their constant games in pretending that only an "assault rifle" works for home defense, hunting, and so on. If you live in a place where the local deer are immune to shotgun shot and local robbers shrug off hits from a revolver, consider spending your money not on assault weapons, but rather on moving to a place with fewer bullet-proof mutants.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:33 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And yet you guys are always telling us it's not a very dangerous weapon.
The AR-15 is "not that dangerous" - but we need to keep them for the day we "gotta to kill duh gubermint."

Also, as righties have posted in this very forum, "knives are just as dangerous as guns, so we should ban knives!" and yet "nobody with a knife can stand up to an AR15."

It is difficult to keep track of all the double-speak they employ to protect their absurd arsenals.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:41 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Anyone with martial arts skills can stop someone with a knife. Women even learn that in self defense classes. You don't need an AK
LOLOLOL.... My nephew is a black belt who has studied for years. He would also be the first to pull an AK out if the situation called for it. I'd bet that many of our most gifted martial arts folks also will stand up for the 2nd.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:05 AM

59,127 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
A good guy with an AR15 rifle stops a deadly attack. I'm glad this guy stepped in, and ended this knife attack.

Dave Thomas witnessed the attack unfolding and knew he had to do something.

“I poked my head out the door. There was a pool of blood, blood was everywhere in the hall. There was still a confrontation going on, there were about three or four people involved at this point,” he recalled to WGN 9.

Thomas said he ran back to his home and grabbed his AR-15 rifle. Moments later, he was ordering the knife-wielding attacker to stop.

And he did.

“I grabbed the AR-15 over my handgun — bigger gun, I think a little more of an intimidation factor. Definitely played a part in him actually stopping,” Thomas added.

https://ijr.com/the-declaration/2018...holding-ar-15/
You will NEVER sees stories like this on national news shows.

The "armed citizen" site has over 500 PAGES of storied about how peoples used a gun to stop a bad guy and not ONE of those stories have been on the national news.

Need we have to ask, why?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:09 AM

59,127 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Anyone with martial arts skills can stop someone with a knife. Women even learn that in self defense classes. You don't need an AK
"Anyone with martial arts skills...."

You watch WAY TOO MANY Martial Arts movies!

We had a guy with the highest ranking black belt you can earn run own some schools and did TV ads showing 4 "bad guys" attacking him and hm beating them..

One night after close one of his stores he IS attacked by 2 guys, they beat the crap out of him.

"Do you even know martial arts.....no. But this is what they teach. Go to an exhibition sometime and see what these black belts can do. It's pretty amazing."

Please NOTE your own word, "exhibition"

It is STAGED so you will PAY THEM for lessons.

And it works for gullible people like you.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:26 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Anyone with martial arts skills...."

You watch WAY TOO MANY Martial Arts movies!

We had a guy with the highest ranking black belt you can earn run own some schools and did TV ads showing 4 "bad guys" attacking him and hm beating them..

One night after close one of his stores he IS attacked by 2 guys, they beat the crap out of him.

"Do you even know martial arts.....no. But this is what they teach. Go to an exhibition sometime and see what these black belts can do. It's pretty amazing."

Please NOTE your own word, "exhibition"

It is STAGED so you will PAY THEM for lessons.

And it works for gullible people like you.
I had a friend who was a 3rd Degree Sensi who owned her own Dojo in the South Bronx. She had won a couple of State "exhibitions". When we were being followed by two guys in a deserted subway making lewd remarks to us, she tightened up and told me to run for the cops. She gave one a quick to the crotch. Down he went. The other guy ran away.

When I got back with the cops, he was still on the ground holding his family jewels. How do you think you would feel yourself being kicked by her? She had told me that her hands and feet were classified as deadly weapons.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:31 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Something else might have worked just as well. A cup of hot coffee from Starbucks in his face might have been sufficient. We don't need assault rifles for every occasion. Of course the guy with the knife could have overpowered the "hero" and taken the rifle and shot ten people.
Show me yesterday's news report of someone with a deadly weapon stopped by some hero with a cup of coffee. Firearms are used over 600,000 times a year (lowest report-higher estimates are of 2-3 million) to stop crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies