Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 06:10 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,080,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Well that destroys the OP's agenda. #End_Thread!!!
O it doesn’t do it by capita in 1974 Australia had 13.72 million in 2018 it has 24 million, the population has doubled. So the rate is roughly half of what it was previously.
Also were are you getting the 39 mass burnings from? I can’t find them. Please don’t tell me they put bush fires in there and called it arson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You’re making the argument against your position. If you can’t get non law-abiding people to turn over their guns then the law-abiding will want to keep theirs. I do not want to be like Mexican citizens, completely helpless in the face of gun toting cartels. They aren’t allowed to buy guns, but obviously the other side is.
What are you talking about? Mexicans can and do buy guns their just not allowed to take them outside of their houses and it is a super heavy process that limits the number of legal guns to a few 100,000. Mexico is one of the few countries in the world with a second amendment type law. Also how do you think cartels get guns? They come from the U.S or from the military. America’s military is nowhere as corrupt as Mexico’s so that already solved that problem and America doesn’t border a country with 400 million guns, so that problem is solved as well. The thing is we both live in Katy and it is almost once or twice a year that I hear of peoples cars being broken into by unarmed criminals (often from what we can see in the camera) who leave the broken into cars with guns. If their is low amount of gun ownership in America less criminals will have guns because even if they don’t follow the law it is nearly impossible for them to own weapons. This can be seen in Japan were a few legal owners have guns but the Yakuza themselves manage to get guns anyway the difference is only a well connected criminal organization can get guns instead of every petty criminal or insane guy in the street, you can’t eliminate illegal guns but you can make it to the point we’re very few have them.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.WpinW3BMHv4

https://japantoday.com/category/crim...n-fukuoka-pref

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deat...hihiro_Hattori

It still happens but no one is deluding themselves that you can stop all gun violence the point is to minimize the damage as much as possible, since guns are much deadlier than other weapons thus in any country with even a 20 or 10 guns per 100 people rate their the weapon of choice for murderers.

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 03-01-2018 at 06:36 PM..

Old 03-01-2018, 09:00 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
What are you talking about? Mexicans can and do buy guns their just not allowed to take them outside of their houses and it is a super heavy process that limits the number of legal guns to a few 100,000. Mexico is one of the few countries in the world with a second amendment type law. Also how do you think cartels get guns? They come from the U.S or from the military. America’s military is nowhere as corrupt as Mexico’s so that already solved that problem and America doesn’t border a country with 400 million guns, so that problem is solved as well. The thing is we both live in Katy and it is almost once or twice a year that I hear of peoples cars being broken into by unarmed criminals (often from what we can see in the camera) who leave the broken into cars with guns. If their is low amount of gun ownership in America less criminals will have guns because even if they don’t follow the law it is nearly impossible for them to own weapons. This can be seen in Japan were a few legal owners have guns but the Yakuza themselves manage to get guns anyway the difference is only a well connected criminal organization can get guns instead of every petty criminal or insane guy in the street, you can’t eliminate illegal guns but you can make it to the point we’re very few have them.

It still happens but no one is deluding themselves that you can stop all gun violence the point is to minimize the damage as much as possible, since guns are much deadlier than other weapons thus in any country with even a 20 or 10 guns per 100 people rate their the weapon of choice for murderers.
Do you read what you write before hitting submit? Your argument boils down to saying that it's okay for large criminal organizations to own firearms, as long as law-abiding citizens are disarmed or heavily restricted in an attempt to prevent common criminals from stealing firearms.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:14 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Revolver has 6 rounds. It's not enough against criminal that has ak-47 or even Glock with 17 rounds.
I have no idea if you have been in a gunfight situation, but all your skills are going down at least one level because of the adrenalin, unless you are a highly trained SEAL.
You need that ar-15, I'm telling you.

No, YOU need an AR-15, I don't. Anyone who thinks they need one is kidding themselves, and simply wants to own one because it is macho. Wanabee Rambos.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:44 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post

I looked it up and it’s a second amendment type law in name only. They can only have them in their homes, and the government can still limit who gets them. And three guesses who has an easier time getting them.

Why on earth would you want large criminal organizations to be the only ones besides government to have guns? I think that sounds awful. But I absolutely think gun owners in America need to stop leaving guns in their cars. That’s just stupid.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, YOU need an AR-15, I don't. Anyone who thinks they need one is kidding themselves, and simply wants to own one because it is macho. Wanabee Rambos.
[/color]
I bet if I took you on hog & varmit eradication patrol, in the back pasture one night, you would be questioning the 30 mag and asking why we didn't bring the 75 drums!

Old 03-01-2018, 11:06 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
During a 3 month amnesty period in 2017, Australians turned in a wide variety of illegal weapons. In that country, it's a good idea to take advantage, because the penalty for getting caught with those weapons could be a $280,000 fine and 14 years in prison.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/asia/...ntl/index.html

The amnesty program was the first major initiative in Australia since the 1996 Port Arthur massacre where a lone gunman killed 35 people with a military-style semiautomatic rifle.

Prime Minister John Howard at that time banned rapid-fire rifles and shotguns and tightened gun licensing. Additionally, the government bought back and destroyed more than one million firearms.

In the wake of these reforms:

Mass shootings in Australia dropped to zero
Gun suicides declined by an average of 4.8% per year
Gun-related homicides declined by an average of 5.5% per year.
I still urge people to defy the order there. If they try and take you away to jail, shoot 'em! That's what I'd urge people to do here if it came to it too.

Enough is enough!

Old 03-01-2018, 11:12 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Immigrating to Austrailia is a very difficult process.
Difficult to immigrate to Australia?! What?! Those racists!!!!

Old 03-01-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Do you read what you write before hitting submit? Your argument boils down to saying that it's okay for large criminal organizations to own firearms, as long as law-abiding citizens are disarmed or heavily restricted in an attempt to prevent common criminals from stealing firearms.
My point is if only large criminal organizations had guns like Japan or like in Britain or China, you are much safer than everyone including the random trigger happy thief having weapons. I agree you can't stop all guns, and the organized criminal organizations will still manage to bring them into America, but if you think about it isn't the large criminal organizations causing the massive amount of crimes in America. Their doing their own crimes that don't affect the average American (to the extent of the smaller street gangs), if we stop the petty criminals from robbing everyone in sight like they do today, will be left with relatively safe streets, and the government would only have to focus on culling the large organizations instead of the dozens of huge gang task force that tackles idiot street criminals today. I don't delude myself that the big criminal guys won't be able to get guns, but it is much better that they have guns only that are now much harder to sneak in, and fetch a much higher price on the street than previously, I just want the crazies and idiots of the criminal world who will rob you, and lead the police on a car chase to not carry weapons while the guys who are involved with politics and run all the shady large drug movements can get the focus they deserve by the police.

We have our intelligence agencies today watching highschoolers who are "off their rockers" for fear they may shoot up the school, then we have tons of inner city people who may not even be in actual "gangs" who just rob people and get into shootouts over things like stepping on the wrong block or wearing the wrong color. While attention is diverted from the international organizations.

It isn't okay for large criminals to own firearms but It would be great if the U.S could reach a point were someone got shot and they could already draw a list of Yakuza guys who are almost 100% of the time the suspect, instead of it being possibly someone of their meds, or any random wannabe gangster or a domestic case. It is much easier to solve gun crimes when you know only a dozen or so groups in the entirety of your country has that capability. I put the Japanese article to show even when shootings do happen in countries were their supposed to be "impossible" they know who the perpetrators had to be or had a short list.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:21 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Are you joking? If you're still shooting a revolver it's because you've made that choice. I have no problem taking my 6 shot revolver into a confrontation against someone with a AK-47 or Glock 17. You see a revolver shooter is most likely a top notch marksman. We don't believe in spray and pray. That guy with the automatic needs all those rounds cause they can't hit squat. My revolver holds six rounds. I'll get it done with one. And before you get your panties tied in a knot I've already been in this situation. I survived not because of luck but because of my training and skills.
hahahahahaha. Yeah, good story. I know people with revolvers and many can't shoot worth a lick.
You are also a fool assuming that someone with a glock 17 or ak isn't as skilled as you also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies