Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 07:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Preet Bharara
@PreetBharara 4h
I'm prepared to bet Special Counsel Mueller's team already has Sam Nunberg's emails
View details ·
Preet Bharara
@PreetBharara 3h
Replying to @PreetBharara
Even if you have someone's emails from other parties to them or from the service provider, you ask for them anyway. Among other things you learn a lot when people selectively disclose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I just found out he's a lawyer. Wow.
Oh my!!!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:53 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
What didn't make sense about that is that he also said that he didn't exchange emails with most of the people on the Grand Jury's subpoena. He said he only exchanged emails with Bannon and Stone.

I mean, I could pull up someone's emails in my email box with the click of a button. So, how could it take 80 hours to pull up a few years worth of emails with two people, even if you DID exchange emails with them multiple times a day?

Also, he claims Mueller has already given him immunity -- so all of this fuss he's making just seems crazy.

The fact that he brought up money several times though makes me go back to that Fox news article where they mentioned that Trump once sued him for $10 million for breaking their confidentiality agreement. Fox said that case was eventually settled. So, I'm wondering if he is worried about Trump suing him again if he turns over the emails under the terms of that agreement. That could be why he's making such a fuss.
Sorry, didn’t see this before I posted similar. IKR?

Old 03-05-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Did anyone else notice how many times Nunberg changed his clothes today? He wore something different for each one.

Was he pushing a suitcase back and forth between CNN and MSNBC or something? Geez, in the time he spent changing his clothes and being interviewed he could have whipped out all of those emails for Mueller.

Here's a laugh out loud article about his first two interviews:

Sam Nunberg Was Unhinged Long Before Today’s Meltdown

I missed the part where he took credit for the border wall idea.
I loved this part:

Nunberg took credit for the border wall idea, doubled down on the idea that he doesn’t have to testify if he doesn’t want to, and asked host Gloria Borger if he could put her on hold and take another call while on the air.

What a lunatic!

Old 03-05-2018, 08:09 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,673,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I loved this part:

Nunberg took credit for the border wall idea, doubled down on the idea that he doesn’t have to testify if he doesn’t want to, and asked host Gloria Borger if he could put her on hold and take another call while on the air.

What a lunatic!
A bottle of tequila was calling him. Obviously he answered the call.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:23 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Just broke: Congress is now calling for Nunberg to testify before the House Intelligence Committee.

That should go well....
Lol, I hope he goes there drunk also, that would be great entertainment.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:25 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,662,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Trump is sitting upstairs in WH and thinking.

Perhaps he thinks.

What will he Twitter next.

We know it is coming to reply to this.

This isn't my circus and that isn't my monkey?
This probably even got Trump lost for words, and if you can pull that off, you have really done something.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 2,718 times
I think there are far greater issues that need to be addressed. They've spend too much time on this and it's a diversion and witch hunt for sure. Don't trust them.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:36 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,650,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
A bottle of tequila was calling him. Obviously he answered the call.
The Russians don't need to pay Nunberg off in cash. They can just send vodka.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Yes, jail and/or fines are usual punishments for contemnors. Just because you live in a fantasy world that doesn’t conform to anything that resembles reality, a world of reality still exists out here. Jail and/or fines are some of the consequences Nunberg can expect if he ignores the subpoena.

You're suggesting coercion?

: the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences in order to compel that person to act against his or her will

Really! Get a rope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies