Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 06:53 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times

Advertisements

By the time Trump is done ruining the country, the US will have very few allies. Putin, who always wanted to weaken the U.S.' power in the world, is likely thrilled by what Trump is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 06:53 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times
Thanks for the link.

The phrase, "Trump doesn't seem to realize..." could preface almost any subject related to his presidency, don't you think?

Old 03-07-2018, 07:00 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Let the Muslims over run Europe like they are doing. I'd rather be feared, and respected than liked by these countries that some dopey poll said don't like us as much anymore. Canada? Electing Trudea tells me all I need to know about that country.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:11 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,080,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Let the Muslims over run Europe like they are doing. I'd rather be feared, and respected than liked by these countries that some dopey poll said don't like us as much anymore. Canada? Electing Trudea tells me all I need to know about that country.
We aren’t feared at all. I don’t know we’re you work but in Houston their are a lot of international companies out here and for the economy to stay were it is in this area I think good relations with many of our allies is important.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:12 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The world needs to bend over for us, not the other way around. America rules the world. The rest is our playground and a tourist destination.
Not any more. Since Trump we have fallen off the throne.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So you really think that 310 million opiate addled poverty stricken folks here can somehow dictate to 7+ BILLION people on the planet.

Hint - we ain't doing so great even if walled off from the rest of the world. We can't get our basic act together here at home, let alone lead the world in ideas and ideals.

History is still valid. Despite our mistakes, the 20th century will be recorded as one where American influence was considered a power for good in the world (in general).

The 21st century is up for grabs and China is winning. The further we sink, the more we hand the ball to them and the other economic powers (EU especially, but also S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan and other combined which is big time biz)...

The typical stance of the USA was to use BOTH soft power and hard. That is, it is obvious to other countries what our military and economic capabilities are, so you don't have to shout it out. That is always the way a good negotiation works. Now - as the article notes - we are becoming brutes in the eyes of the world.

Maybe that is your way. But it didn't work out well for the Germans or for the Russians or USA in Afghanistan, etc. etc...

Remove CA. and MA. from the USA and we got almost nothing (in IP, innovation, investment, etc.). Other countries have largely caught up (and even surpassed us) in many fields. If not for the innovation in life sciences (MA) and general technologies (CA), we'd have a great big nothing-burger. While we fiddle China is already catching up even on those fronts. Smart people - higher IQ's than we have and keeping their eye on the ball. We, instead, like infighting and watching our own countrymen suffer.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Sure it's all Trumps fault, millions of insane liberals have nothing to do with it, 8 years of Obama pandering to the world instead of leading having nothing to do with it, liberal leaders who say one thing when Obama is president and the opposite when Trump is president have nothing to do with it, liberal media lying 24x7 around the world have nothing to do with it.
Yea, of course, when all else fails (and under Trump, all else has failed) blame Obama.

Get some new material sometime.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:16 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Without the good will of the world we will have a hard time doing anything about our trade deficit.
The minute they see our Military's tail lights getting ready to pull out of whatever country we're in they'll be back sucking our butts so hard our eyeballs will implode.....

Old 03-07-2018, 07:19 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
This is great news! We can stop arguing over " Comprehensive Immigration Reform" and just stop immigration completely. It's inhumane to inflict America's terrible living conditions on all those wonderful folks from Mexico, South America and even Bangladesh for that matter. We owe them more than that, don't we ? As for the illegal immigrants who are currently suffering in the American cesspool, we should help them to go home where it's so much better.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
By the time Trump is done ruining the country, the US will have very few allies. Putin, who always wanted to weaken the U.S.' power in the world, is likely thrilled by what Trump is doing.
That's why he got him elected. Putin didn't try and get Hillary elected, he wanted America to be weak, and under Trump we're weak. (Of course, he also wanted a donkey who would not impose sanctions on his country, and he got that too)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies