Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 10:16 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,244,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I guess RR is turning over in his grave as, apparently, we are not the "shining city on the hill" any longer. In fact, GW Bush remarked that "Trump makes him (GW) look good"...

In one year he took the US Approval rate worldwide from 48% to 30%. It was only as low as 34% after the debacle in Iraq (GW)....

Of course, I suspect Trump fans will say it doesn't matter. But it does. Just like Trumps approval rate here matters....

The article is entitled "Trump is the worst salesman American has ever had".

Trump Is the Worst Salesman America Has Ever Had – Foreign Policy

"Trump doesn’t seem to realize that a great part of America’s appeal abroad has been its role as a paragon and champion of liberal democratic values. He shows so little appreciation for those principles that Freedom House has just downgraded America in its annual “Freedom in the World” report. The report notes that in 2017, the United States’ “core institutions were attacked by an administration that rejects established norms of ethical conduct across many fields of activity."

Congratulations to his supporters. No one else could possibly sink the USA that quickly. Old fashioned conservative ideas like "ethical conduct" no longer matter.

Read the article.
13 year old girls across the nation must be crushed Why do you like China more than meeeee?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 10:24 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I guess RR is turning over in his grave as, apparently, we are not the "shining city on the hill" any longer. In fact, GW Bush remarked that "Trump makes him (GW) look good"...

In one year he took the US Approval rate worldwide from 48% to 30%. It was only as low as 34% after the debacle in Iraq (GW)....

Of course, I suspect Trump fans will say it doesn't matter. But it does. Just like Trumps approval rate here matters....

The article is entitled "Trump is the worst salesman American has ever had".

Trump Is the Worst Salesman America Has Ever Had – Foreign Policy

"Trump doesn’t seem to realize that a great part of America’s appeal abroad has been its role as a paragon and champion of liberal democratic values. He shows so little appreciation for those principles that Freedom House has just downgraded America in its annual “Freedom in the World” report. The report notes that in 2017, the United States’ “core institutions were attacked by an administration that rejects established norms of ethical conduct across many fields of activity."

Congratulations to his supporters. No one else could possibly sink the USA that quickly. Old fashioned conservative ideas like "ethical conduct" no longer matter.

Read the article.
Good, then go to Germany (make sure not to criticize refugees or you'll go to jail for "hate speech") or to China (better watch your "social credit score" or your rights will be limited by the government!)

Old 03-07-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I think this line of the article is quite powerful.

"...Through ignorance and malice, Trump is destroying the foundations of American influence that previous leaders spent three-quarters of a century erecting..."

Even when leadership comes back, I fear the damage will be too great. I do not like that this is going to allow China to become the next world power. In the unwise words of our disgraceful President, "sad."
Obama royally goofed up during his 8 years in office and let the Chinese run wild and now you're blaming Trump for the rise of the Chinese?!?

Old 03-07-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Let the Muslims over run Europe like they are doing. I'd rather be feared, and respected than liked by these countries that some dopey poll said don't like us as much anymore. Canada? Electing Trudea tells me all I need to know about that country.
Give CA another chance, after all, we goofed up and elected Obama.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
We aren’t feared at all. I don’t know we’re you work but in Houston their are a lot of international companies out here and for the economy to stay were it is in this area I think good relations with many of our allies is important.
I for one have had it with international and other big companies pushing us around here in the US! As far as I'm concerned, they can kiss our behinds!

Old 03-07-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I'm all for concentrating on what is best for Americans. But I think it's safe to say that having our allies feel distrustful of, and repelled by, what they think America has become isn't exactly GOOD for America or Americans. Or, is it good for America to go it alone?
Yeah, it's Trump's fault, when he says America first yet when Obama was insulting our allies like Israel and even threatening the British that they might "have to move to the back of the line" because of Brexit, you liberals were really silent! And when Obama watched Putin go into Ukraine, I heard crickets. When Obama's red line in Syria turned out to be made of crayon, I heard crickets. When China invaded the South China Sea and Obama was too busy spending $100 billion to give Iran nukes, I heard crickets from the liberals.

But it's Trump's fault!

Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I for one have had it with international and other big companies pushing us around here in the US! As far as I'm concerned, they can kiss our behinds!
That's the attitude! Tell the U.S. dairy farmers they need to drink their own milk!

America’s $1.2 Billion Mexico Milk Trade Is Now at Risk
The biggest U.S. dairy importer is talking with New Zealand and buying more from the EU. Guess why.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...is-now-at-risk

Old 03-07-2018, 10:35 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Obama royally goofed up during his 8 years in office and let the Chinese run wild and now you're blaming Trump for the rise of the Chinese?!?
Yes, as a matter of fact, we are blaming Trump. His isolation agenda has done exactly that, it has isolated and separated us from the rest of the world, even our oldest and best allies. Other countries are stepping up to take our place as a world leader in things like climate change, trade, and world relationships.

Donald Trump has done more damage in one year than every other President did in their 4 or 8 years of tenure. I hope the next guy or lady is able to fix what he has destroyed.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yes, as a matter of fact, we are blaming Trump. His isolation agenda has done exactly that, it has isolated and separated us from the rest of the world, even our oldest and best allies. Other countries are stepping up to take our place as a world leader in things like climate change, trade, and world relationships.

Donald Trump has done more damage in one year than every other President did in their 4 or 8 years of tenure. I hope the next guy or lady is able to fix what he has destroyed.
Doubtful. I think it will take decades to TRY to fix what Trump has done in this short time. The U.S. has been the global leader without dispute. Now the globe is thinking of a world where the U.S. plays a much smaller role, where our allies work more with each other than they do with us. Once that starts, it's not so easy to undo. Putin is pleased.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:02 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Doubtful. I think it will take decades to TRY to fix what Trump has done in this short time. The U.S. has been the global leader without dispute. Now the globe is thinking of a world where the U.S. plays a much smaller role, where our allies work more with each other than they do with us. Once that starts, it's not so easy to undo. Putin is pleased.
If our smaller role means we stop spending Treasure and Lives helping other Nations. I'm fine with that....Let them defend themselves.....or better yet, see how well the Germans or Chicoms can defend them.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies