Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 06:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,057,902 times

Advertisements

Republicans can't govern as they promised they would and they end up blaming Democrats. Typical. (Yes it goes the other way as well).

Trump calling for the rules to be changed after he finds out he can't govern like he thought he could.

I'm a little surprised folks are so naive about their governments ability to get things done.

It is clear WITHOUT a huge majority in DC, everything is going to be a compromise.

That's kind of the intent.

If there hasn't been a clear mandate from voters (meaning folks are kind of split who they want to run the country) then you end up with a situation where the two parties have to compromise to get anything done.

As for the midterms, I don't believe for one minute that die hard conservative Republicans will vote anything but Republican in the mid-terms. They are the tried and true loyal followers. Sure some might vote independent but for the most part, people will vote party all the way.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:47 AM

51,656 posts, read 25,878,242 times
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/st...71296843976704

Old 03-24-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
And yet, I suspect that the majority of his "base", will remain clueless about what he has done. But no matter, as when most of the other republicans and independents kick him to the curb, the feeble power they will have on their own, will be insignificant.
Not so sure about that. The political pundits they listen to are being very vocal. I don't think there is a Republican voter out there that hasn't heard that this budget doesn't meet the 'Republican' standard.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,872,275 times
Oh, it doesn't really bother me, after all, I got that Yuge tax cut. I was able to go to McDonald's TWICE ! Even upgraded to the large fries !

This administration can be termed a paper tiger. They have no teeth and they have no support from their own side.

WINNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(are you tired of winning yet ?)

Old 03-24-2018, 06:59 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,475,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Republicans are a big government party. They always were.
Yes ... from the days of Lincoln. Business supporters of the party have always had a fat rich diet at the public trough.

They hate paying taxes, but they love those government contracts.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This fascinates me.

Isn't Trump publicly saying the Democrats REFUSED to discuss DACA. Or was this offer made last year & was refused?

Also -- does Trump think we aren't so stupid to realize he is using the DACA folks as much as the Democrats are. He tries to publicly shame the Democrats for their DACA negotiations while he insists on tying in DACA to any agenda he tries to pass.

We aren't that stupid.

And yes I think it is wrong for both parties to use people this way.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:01 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,295,333 times
Dysfunction is a marvelous thing to observe. And post dysfunctional move comments are comical.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:01 AM

34,253 posts, read 18,620,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Maybe the back door promise from the (D) leaders was that if the Pres. signs the Budget then they'll stop with the impeachment threats. Even if that is the case, which I doubt, I surely wouldn't trust them to stick to their word. There are simply too many loons in the Democratic party.
Trump isn't stupid enough to believe the Democrats. I hope it comes out why he cut this deal with them. If he didn't get agreement on much of his agenda then he got swindled. Until then, I will count this as a huge Trump and Republican failure.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Republicans can't govern as they promised they would and they end up blaming Democrats. Typical. (Yes it goes the other way as well).

Trump calling for the rules to be changed after he finds out he can't govern like he thought he could.

I'm a little surprised folks are so naive about their governments ability to get things done.

It is clear WITHOUT a huge majority in DC, everything is going to be a compromise.

That's kind of the intent.

If there hasn't been a clear mandate from voters (meaning folks are kind of split who they want to run the country) then you end up with a situation where the two parties have to compromise to get anything done.

As for the midterms, I don't believe for one minute that die hard conservative Republicans will vote anything but Republican in the mid-terms. They are the tried and true loyal followers. Sure some might vote independent but for the most part, people will vote party all the way.
Die hards will of course vote for their party. It's the rest that determine an election.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:03 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,698,207 times
Why do people even mention what highly paid fear-mongering entertainers say or think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies