Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 01:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times

Advertisements

It isn't a thought as much as it's a simple observation.

Those youngsters ain't dumb.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:56 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Does failing a mission and being shot down, losing an expensive aircraft due to your own incompetence, and further risking lives of people who come look for you- qualify one to be labelled a hero?

Thats what Trump was talking about.
This comment is shameful and pathetic, period. Yes, he is a hero, more than Trump will ever be. These men and women put their lives on the line while Trump had many deferments. He had no courage or bravery. For that, he doesn't get to say which servicemembers or veterans are heroes.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:10 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,634,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I listened as my grandsons had a conversation.
I listened but did not intervene, so that I would not influence what they were saying. These 3 are college age voters. They believe:
* Playing a certain song by The Beatles in reverse reveals that one of the Beatles is dead.
* Marijuana will soon be legal in all states. No restriction.
* Marijuana is better for you than alcohol.
* Betsy Devoss is the first non-teacher to ever hold her position.

Thankfully, 2 out of 3 have never voted, although the youngest was an Obama supporter for a few years. He is not now, though.

18 is too young to vote. A military ID should be used to waive the rule, but generally, 18 is too young.
Those of us who were 'there' remember the howling and protesting as the 18 year old set ran through the streets demonstrating for the 'right to be heard'. History and current events show that we had it right back when the voting age was 21.
#1 is as stupid as it was 45 years ago, and #4 is wrong but certainly understandable given what a blithering, unqualified imbecile she is - but if you seriously believe that #2 and #3 are any kind of logical fallacies at all, then you have no business whatsoever insulting anyone else's intelligence.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:28 PM

1,704 posts, read 750,321 times
It's not only young people!!!

Old 03-31-2018, 05:45 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMerlot View Post
If you are not a Liberal when you're young you have no heart.
If your not conservative by the time your old you have no brain.
Winston Churchill
This makes no sense because conservatives are typically more religious (i.e. brainwashed) and prone to believing conspiracy theories so one must conclude that they don't have brains, period. Anyone with a functioning brain would not believe in fairy tales and magic.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:48 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,365,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Getting captured and possibly tortured does NOT mean it was due to incompetence. These are our brave men & woman that protect the rest of us and it angers me terribly to hear then candidate Trump say what he did.
ALL of our soldiers are American heroes. People who get deferments for heel spurs while playing football are the cowards.
Read the accounts about his actions during the mission. There were standing orders to break off a bombing run at a specific altitude if audible sam warnings were gping off. He continued another 1000ft in violation of these orders which is why he was shot down. And he missed his target anyway.
He destroyed a multimillion dollar plane and his capture allowed the enemy to use his admirals son status for propaganda.
All because he couldnt follow orders.
Merely serving in the military does not make one a hero. I served fout years in the navy in an active fighter squadron onboard USS Coral Sea. I worked on the flight deck st night during ops. I spent time at NAS Miramars GSE pool fueling, parking and starting the same type aircraft McCain flew.
The day I allow myself to be cslled a hero well any draft dodger can smack me for that nonsense.
Its interesting to note that Trump is criticized for being a child of privilidge, and that helped him out of the draft.
John McCain destroyed 3 aircraft during his training cycle in incidents determined to be his fault.
He would never gotten his wings, let alone command of a squadron, without his father being an admiral.
I have no hate for McCain and his actions aboard USS Forrestal WERE in fact heroic. But getting captured because he couldnt follow orders was not.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:48 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
"If you are 20 and conservative you have no heart. If you are 40 and liberal you have no brain."
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMerlot View Post
If you are not a Liberal when you're young you have no heart.
If your not conservative by the time your old you have no brain.
Winston Churchill
"If you read the thread, you may avoid repeating a tired cliche that has already been posted" - Abraham Lincoln
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies