Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 11:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times

Advertisements

Most white men may not be in powerful positions ~ but most powerful positions are filled with white men. White men have long ruled this country.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:48 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Uh, get back to me when you've lived as a woman in a man's world.
Nothing will improve in this nation until we start to truly listen to one another. Every man and woman, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, politics, etc should be heard.

When you (the general term) dismiss someone because you feel their “word choice” makes any discussion pointless, then clearly you are not open to any kind of real discussion. You must have it your way.

I think some "elites" (at least this is what they call themselves) feel as if they have the right to talk down to people. This is why someone like Hillary Clinton could call her fellow Americans deplorables. It comes from a place of arrogance and superiority, also, stupidity

I think everybodys words need to be heard.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:49 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well I am not sure what you with meant with this reply to the other poster, but let me ask you a question since I don't know your political views.

Are you a person who goes along with some of the liberal narrative the OP is describing?
If not, are you aware it has some validity?

Though it is not always so obvious, when you have college classes teaching positive things about everyone except white hetero Christian men, or professors and the like talking about men in general, and white men specifically being a problem in our country, what are your thoughts?

Also, whenever even the slightest joke or comment about a minority or woman is made, knee-jerk liberals assume and even accuse white men of being ____ist, _____phobe, etc.
Yet these same people who claim to want to COEXIST and sing kumbaya with everyone, make outward anti-white and/or male comments with nary a 2nd thought.
What are your thoughts on such things considering you have two white male sons?

`
I very infrequently had anybody with any decency make anti-white or anti-male comments to me. Mostly it was simply about broadening our experiences and not thinking that the white male narrative isn't universal.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:50 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Equality is just that, equality. There is no "buts" One rule for all, or no rule at all.

There are a lot of things others can say, a white male cannot say (without being called a racist of some sort)

just like there are alot of things others can say, a japanese/german cannot say. (without being called a denier or some weird crap like that)

A lot of double standards, believe it or not.

I am so sick and tired of all these double standards crap.

Of course the problem then becomes college graduating classes all over the country that will become disproportionately white and Asian overnight.

That blows up the narrative.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:51 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
The problem is so many people have been so brainwashed by liberal teachers/professors and the media that they don’t even see the anti white bias anymore .

It’s totally hip for people to post anti white memes on social media .

Or joke about “acting white “ .

Old 04-06-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Of course the problem then becomes college graduating classes all over the country that will become disproportionately white and Asian overnight.

That blows up the narrative.
Oh yep.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:55 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
There is such an aggressive and RACIST narrative going on, blaming White Men for everything and making them the ENEMY and implying that they are better off than everyone else....
Go find some examples of that narrative, if you can - the one that blames ALL white men for "everything."

Wouldn't it be nice if troll threads were actually against the rules here?

Old 04-06-2018, 11:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
There is such an aggressive and RACIST narrative going on, blaming White Men for everything and making them the ENEMY and implying that they are better off than everyone else....
But most White Men are not in positions of power.

Obviously - But white men occupy most positions of power. Your assertions are a fallacy, or deliberately dishonest.

Most White Men are faceless employees in small companies, or blue-collar workers or unemployed or homeless.

Again, obviously.

Imagine how they feel when they are told they are America's Enemy....
Pure racism, and sexism.

White men are not the enemy, but white supremacists are.
I will tell you like I've told others: Stop blaming everyone else for your own failures.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The problem is so many people have been so brainwashed by liberal teachers/professors and the media that they don’t even see the anti white bias anymore .

It’s totally hip for people to post anti white memes on social media .

Or joke about “acting white “ .
In my opinion, until the "deplorables" decided to stand up, nothing will change.

The reason behind all of this nonsense is that tells certain groups that they are victims. It tells them that they deserve special treatment because they are victims. It also says to these groups, “you are not responsible for your situation.” The “us vs. them” or race baiting or any other kind of divisiveness has always been fostered by the progressive left.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:00 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Looks like you are in TN , come here to L.A and see the tone of the politics .

So when whites mention being discriminated against they are whining

But when non whites do it they are standing up for their rights and being courageous.

Double standards much ?
I haven't always lived in TN. I've lived most of my life in very large, diverse, northern cities. The truth is that you're a man, and men continue to hold all the REAL power in the world, and I don't see that ever changing. As a woman, I accepted that long, long ago.

I'm not suggesting the frustrations you feel aren't perfectly legitimate; in fact, I think they are. But you're blaming the wrong people. Because, even though "conservatives" and "liberals" are constantly at each other's throats in the United States, the real problems that affect most of us are about socioeconomic class, not politics or race. Instead of directing your anger at the Liberal Bogeyman, send it to the 1% who controls EVERYTHING and who enacts policies that further THEIR best interests, no one else's. You've all been duped. Big time.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 04-06-2018 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies