Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has the current President of the United States empowered white supremacists?
Yes 118 57.28%
No 88 42.72%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:52 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Emboldened, perhaps.
That's the distinction I was going to make. Encouraged and emboldened, for sure. I'm sure the dog whistle tactic garnered a few votes for him. Regardless, this tactic will be a loser for him in the end. A lot more people are outraged by this encouragement than he can possibly pull to his side from the white power groups.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:56 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That's the distinction I was going to make. Encouraged and emboldened, for sure. I'm sure the dog whistle tactic garnered a few votes for him. Regardless, this tactic will be a loser for him in the end. A lot more people are outraged by this encouragement than he can possibly pull to his side from the white power groups.

Such blatant lies.

Old 04-07-2018, 05:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
I mean, the Klan didn't vote for Don for no good reason. Of course he has emboldened them.

Trump has more dog whistles than Petco.

Very fine people on both sides and all that.

Old 04-07-2018, 05:45 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, the Klan didn't vote for Don for no good reason. Of course he has emboldened them.

Antifa and BLM are a bigger threat than the Klan these days .

BLM has strong support among leaders in the Democratic Party .

How many leading Republican politicians support the KKK ?

Trump denounced the KKK but I’m sure you know that .

KKK Grand Dragon endorsed Hillary

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-for-president

Old 04-07-2018, 06:43 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Uh yea, you always have been allowed to speak your mind, just don’t expect regular people to buy your BS.
Tell that to all the people who have been labeled racists, sexists, homophobes, bigots, etc. over virtually nothing, and then had their lives impacted by it. Owen Benjamin, Jordan Peterson, James Damore, Lindsay Shepherd, plus many others... and probably a lot more that we don't know about.

The tactic is to slander people who don't agree with you (call them the labels above), shame them into apologizing, and then not accept their apology. Then you point to it as an example of why your ideas need to be pushed even harder, or why the government needs to "do something" about it.

So now people see the game they're playing, and they realize that apologizing is the WORST thing you can do. Most people don't agree with the narratives being pushed by news outlets, Hollywood, social justice activists, etc. and that's becoming more apparent.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:44 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
No. White supremacists were empowered when Democrats branded everyone white supremacists.
Hmmm...I missed that announcement. Got a link?

Old 04-07-2018, 06:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by T0103E
Maybe, but they're an unbelievably small percentage of the population.

Regular people who don't believe in political correctness have been empowered, but they aren't white supremacists. They just feel like it's okay to speak their true thoughts and call out obvious BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Uh yea, you always have been allowed to speak your mind, just don’t expect regular people to buy your BS.
So... who are "regular people"?

According to progressive liberals; conservatives should be arrested if they speak their minds. In fact, THAT is exactly what is starting to happen.

If a conservative is speaking at a college and someone in the crowd starts a fight or breaks things the speaker as well as the protestor can also be arrested and charged with breach of peace.

Can you honestly say the right are free to speak their minds when every time they do there are riots and chaos from the left? Did you forget Antifa shutting down EVERYTHING conservative, Berkeley students trying to shut down Shapiro and later Coulter, Elon U students trying to shut down Kathleen Parker, Gavine Mcinnes being pepper sprayed by protestors, and Charles Murry (a Libertarian) shut down completely by protestors, he later posted "Middlebury administrators were great; The students were seriously scary." and on and on and on.

Can you, with a straight face, say and actually believe that "we have always been allowed to speak our minds"?

That's about like a thug blaming the victim for starting a fight. It's twisted logic.

Can anyone in here post an instance where a liberal speaker was shut down, riots broke out, cars were burned... anyone?

I'd say we are the actual "regular people" while the left have become the dangerous totalitarian extremists.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:01 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Tell that to all the people who have been labeled racists, sexists, homophobes, bigots, etc. over virtually nothing, and then had their lives impacted by it. Owen Benjamin, Jordan Peterson, James Damore, Lindsay Shepherd, plus many others... and probably a lot more that we don't know about.

The tactic is to slander people who don't agree with you (call them the labels above), shame them into apologizing, and then not accept their apology. Then you point to it as an example of why your ideas need to be pushed even harder, or why the government needs to "do something" about it.

So now people see the game they're playing, and they realize that apologizing is the WORST thing you can do. Most people don't agree with the narratives being pushed by news outlets, Hollywood, social justice activists, etc. and that's becoming more apparent.
I don’t believe Trump is racist, but I believe like a large portion of far right guys his agenda align perfectly with many racists agendas and thus his election supports them. Their is nothing wrong about wanting less immigration, the argument is decided whether you want less immigration or no immigration outright, whether you only want white people or whether you only want educated people. The first and third are all right, the second one is revealing yourself to be a racist. Their is nothing wrong with being against illegal immigration, but virulent racists are against all illegal immigration with the exception of Russians and Irish and other European descended people and some might want Asians or Latin Americans (people forget but Whites are the biggest race in Latin America). See Trump doesn’t have to be a racist to fulfill a racists agenda, the only problem with him that I have is that he mistakes all his voters as having the same idea as him when some of his voters are outiright racists and they see his stuff as baby steps towards their desires. BLM and Anti-fa are different though, because Anti-fa are often straight communists and BLM often just want things outright free for black people on a a national level their is nothing Hillary or Obama of the left can do to support BLM or Anti-fa positions without alienating most of their voters. The closest thing I could see is forcing Affirmative Action on all colleges or outright banning guns but that isn’t a mainstream leftist candidate even running on those things Unlike less illegal immigration, or a border wall.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:02 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:

"Losers and scumbags on both sides" would have been far more accurate, but of course he couldn't say that. No nicey.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:03 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
How many of the Klan(a spawn of the Democrat party) do you know that voted for Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies