Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 03:43 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times

Advertisements

god, I'm watching the press conference, and donald says he "knows a lot about airplanes"

His next book needs to be The Art of Exaggeration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 03:43 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The difference back then was Obama proved himself to NOT have consequences if they didn't abide by the terms. How many red lines did we have??? Trump is more like Kennedy and Reagan - they aren't going to sit back and honor a deal if the terms are broken.

Obama was a wuss and the world knew it - and people like Kim knew they could get away with things because Obama had no backbone.
You are looking at it from a perspective of " arm chair quarterback" of Obama's whole term and I am looking at it in the exact time it took place. It was in his first year that the idea of Obama talking to the leaders of Iraq and N Korea was floated. So the idea of Obama was weak was the reason for the 180 turn or propaganda?

Old 06-12-2018, 03:44 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The country is hopelessly divided because Republicans and Fox completely demonized Obama's willingness to talk to other countries, saying he would be legitimizing North Korea. Trump does it and Fox plays choir music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=xf8Uu53x0d8

Yes, our country is hopelessly divided. Democrats will be forever angry at the way Obama was treated and that Republicans elected the birther. Trump can't speak five minutes without making reference to Obama. So Republicans cannot be surprised that the anger never subsides. Trump keeps half the country in perpetual anger and yes, that does make our country weak. Trump delights in angering our allies while talking about how great the dictatorships are. There's no reason for it but his supporters lap it up.

I would not be surprised if Trump is reelected in 2020 and I expect the anger and hatred to be so intense that families and relationships will be beyond repair with the country a tinderbox. It will be that way because Trump will make sure it is. He will constantly provoke hatred, his supporters will lap it up and that's just the way it will be.
So be it. You leftists can keep your anger and hatred, and then wither to irrelevance.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:45 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Sorry for Otto’s family but big win for the world!

If Trump was President before and during WWII then the world might have been different now and no 6 million life’s would be lost!

Old 06-12-2018, 03:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Honestly, I never buy this. I find that whenever the right does something they previously opposed, their supporters will say they were the lone dissenter. I'm expecting this to happen in the future too. If a Democrat were to bring family into the White House, have businesses where they profit while in office, have in-laws negotiating with other countries for family loans, etc. Republicans will say "I never agreed with Trump on that, I was the lone dissenter".

That video is beautifully done because it shows so perfectly how completely biased Fox and the Republican party are, where when Obama did something it was terrible but if Trump does it, they literally play Glory Glory Hallelujah. Insanely biased.

It's not just the politicians. Supporters on both sides viscerally hate the other and just hearing Trump find an opportunity to diss Clinton, say this should have happened five years ago (when Republicans were screaming against us legitimizing North Korea), just keeps that anger raw. I don't think Democrats will ever get over the way Obama was treated or that Republicans elected the birther.
OK, lets feed that beast.
Can you imagine Hillary with lack of stamina and poor health being up for 25 hours without sleep ? She would be cackling, we came, we saw and he died.
Trump has proven to be the best choice for American peace & prosperity. No reasonable person could legitimately argue differently. The unreasonable person will though. Its what they do.
It is a political win for Trump and it will be interesting to see how the stock market reacts.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Jong-Un wins. He looks like the bad guy wanting to make amends.

Trump wins. He looks like the good guy that began the process of denuclearizing the Korean peninsula.

The media wins because they have so much to discuss now and in the foreseeable future.

The world? Not a winner or loser but just an observer. Only time will tell the after effects of this.

I've read people saying this meeting was historic. I've read people saying this meeting meant nothing. I personally find the whole thing at least intriguing, as this followed an historic tweet battle between the two not too long ago. Trump spoke proudly as I think we all know he does have a personality which includes an ego bigger than us all. Kim smiled on camera because he on the surface wants to shed himself as an inconsequential and globally viewed negative leader.

As the discussion will now continue for days/weeks/months/years following this summit, I choose to let the future unfold first to determine the importance of this meeting. If at the end of the day this turned out to be nothing more than a photo op for both, so be it. If we see any positive movement at all from North Korea, then this meeting will show to have been very important. We shall see.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:48 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sorry for Otto’s family but big win for the world!

If Trump was President before and during WWII then the world might have been different now and no 6 million life’s would be lost!
Seriously.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:51 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
You would if you thought Trump was about to END you Gaddafi style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Wait, didn’t Gaddafi get snuffed BECAUSE he gave up his nukes?

Old 06-12-2018, 03:51 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
When you meet a new person, do you make it a point to ask who they voted for for POTUS? (in order to make a decision as quickly as possible re whether you are going to hate the person or not)
I usually can tell fairly early in the conversation actually. Probably most can. It's not hard.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:54 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
I usually can tell fairly early in the conversation actually. Probably most can. It's not hard.
Sounds like you are trying to parrot Trump.
He is alive in you head and "MAGA"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies