Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 08:03 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
But his huge balls of steel could make a deal that nobody else could. Let's stick to the important stuff.
Balls of steel?

Putin has Trump's balls in his pocket.

Xi is playing Trump for a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 08:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
NK has promised every president in recent memory that he would denuclearize. They even took some steps in that direction in the past. But it never happens in the end. Why would Kim do that? When the Kim dynasty talks about denuclearizing the Korean peninsula they mean the exit of US troops as well as any actions that they might take. Trump took a big step toward the US leaving by giving up military exercises that bother Kim. He got nothing in return of course, but a photo op. Appeasement is all this is and while you might get a peace prize for that, it will not, in the end, lead to peace.
Yep, it has all been promised before BUT no other President has sat down with any NK leader to actually speak face to face.
KJU may well be different than his predecessors as he may well see that past actions have got NK nothing but starvation and being ostracized.

Things are very different then in the past as NK does in fact have Nukes and there's a very high probability that they have the means to deliver them to the U.S. via express Airmail (ICBM). I love how some on here keep flapping that "Trump legitimized KJU by meeting with him". To that I say "quit being partisan MORONS", NK having Nukes and the means to deliver them to the U.S. legitimized them more than ANY meeting would.

So the actions of the past on both sides got everyone nowhere, time to try something new.
We'll see if KJU is serious or not, time will tell. At least THIS time sanctions will NOT be lifted before things happen....

Old 06-12-2018, 08:04 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Balls of steel?

Putin has Trump's balls in his pocket.

Xi is playing Trump for a fool.

Xi loves this deal.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:05 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Just for the heck of it, here is an excellent website detailing the diplomacy efforts between the USA and NK:

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron

Looking through this chronology, one can readily see that dealing with North Korea has been, at least, 'difficult'. While I am hopeful that President Trump can get some lasting good out of this summit, I hope that he is aware of our history with North Korea.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:06 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He made the meeting happen....even the SK president disagrees with you....
How did he “make†it happen?

Old 06-12-2018, 08:07 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Xi loves this deal.

A fool that has out played Obama, Kerry, and the lefts favorite, Hillary....does not say much for the left...

No, I'm not singling out you as the left...

Old 06-12-2018, 08:10 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
China is thrilled with this deal. China hated those military exercises and Trump gave them up with getting nothing in return.

Trump flew halfway around the world to be played for a fool by Xi.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Xi loves this deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump flew halfway around the world to be played for a fool by Xi.
And you're getting the same without even leaving your basement! <bold>

Time will tell who's the fool, the vapid TDS Trump haters or Trump and his policies.
Personally I don't care if it's Trump or Rodman or even Donald Duck that gets NK to the table and gets them to stand down, at this point they are DANGEROUS to the world as a whole.

Y'all should watch the History Channel documentary on NK and their Nukes, EMP's. That'll get y'all to thinking...

Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
A fool that has out played Obama, Kerry, and the lefts favorite, Hillary....does not say much for the left...

No, I'm not singling out you as the left...

This post makes no sense. Can't you stay on topic for just one post?????

My post was regarding President Xi's position on the summit. Xi wanted an end to the military exercises. He got it.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Bingo.

And I would hope that trying to get one while leaving a path of insults all over the world would disqualify a candidate.

Or stupidity. He's got both, really.
I guess insulting and betraying your own countrymen is more worthy of the Nobel because that is why your guy received one.,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies