Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 04:53 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I said it many times I am not defending the daycare center, but if the parents want to sue, they need to prove damage. That is all
actually you have defended the daycare. but whatever. you have been all over the place here with this story. it has been pointed out to you that they don't have to prove damage. there was a form signed. there is a reason for that form.

now this is not directed at you lily...just my own response to the story. ok? i have signed that form at my son's school. if i saw my own child in a video gone viral and now he's being made fun of on late night tv? yeah...that's not good at all. someone needs to "pay" something. pay what? i don't know. i'm not a judge or a lawyer or the parent in this case so it's not my call to make. and i'm not even saying it should be or has to be money that is paid. i don't know if the parents are even looking to sue. i just know that if that was my child in that video and it went viral because an employee posted it on their snapchat i would be very upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 04:57 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
actually you have defended the daycare. but whatever. you have been all over the place here with this story. it has been pointed out to you that they don't have to prove damage. there was a form signed. there is a reason for that form.

what form signed? I didn't see that part, might have missed it.

If so, then yeah, I might have to re-read the article.

This being said, if you think I defended the daycare, then whatever. I never said they did nothing wrong, I said, they probably did nothing illegal.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:

This being said, if you think I defended the daycare, then whatever. I never said they did nothing wrong, I said, they probably did nothing illegal.

Lily, I don't think you're reading all the posts in this thread. Daycare centers and schools have forms parents must sign that either allow (or disallow) the school to post videos and photos of their child. It's standard practice dealing with the privacy of children. I posted they do not need to prove damages and when you asked me about that, I provided you with the information. And from the article:

Quote:
The toddler's family said that it is extremely upset and even claims to have signed a waiver with the day care prior to this incident, prohibiting staff from recording any type of photography of Surai.

You seem to be holding firm to a position without having fully read either the article or the thread.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't like seeing people in animal costumes even as an adult. I was told the Easter Bunny scared me as a toddler and had me crying. To this day, when I see a person in a mascot animal costume I have the urge to punch them and tell them to just get away. But that video was FUNNY. And another good one is on Youtube, I call it The Easter Gorilla. Someone puts on a gorilla costume while small children are having a backyard egg hunt and t hey freak.
Yeah, its a money grab by the parents. Instead of laughing about it, which they will in years to come, they just want to pretend to be offended and cash in.
it's less about the content of the video and more about the 'no photos' contract they signed.

I'm sure they would have been just as upset if the video showed the girl laughing.

the point is NO pictures should have been taken of the child.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:17 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:

in the very first sentence in the OP it is mentioned, as well as in the quote from the article stating that the family had signed the form. the form is mentioned more than a dozen times in this thread.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:20 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
in the very first sentence in the OP it is mentioned, as well as in the quote from the article stating that the family had signed the form. the form is mentioned more than a dozen times in this thread.
well didn't see it. Sorry.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:37 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not normal behavior for a 2 year old.
I have seen this type of reaction in toddlers to the Easter bunny, to Santa, etc. It is an extreme reaction, but not abnormal.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:45 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
Quote:
Yeah, I agree. I also believe the daycare center should enforce their own policy.

This being said, I think the person should be held accountable is the person who videotaped it. If the parents want to sue millions, (not implying they will) well, good luck with that.

I think the daycare should pay for the therapist who is providing the counseling service for the kid (if she has any), and that is about it.
This is sensible. If the parent did not sign a release for pictures, then they cannot legally be taken of the child while at daycare. People have reasons for not wanting their children photographed. It seems to me that there is a possibility of bringing a case against the day care, but not for millions. I agree that paying for counseling for the kid would be minimal. If a parent took this video without the consent or knowledge of the day care center, then the parent may be liable.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:51 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Why didn’t Kimmel’s staff contact the family before airing the video?

Old 04-09-2018, 07:08 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why didn’t Kimmel’s staff contact the family before airing the video?
Probably because Kimmel doesn't care what they think. If he did care he'd at least apologize, but I suspect he just doesn't see the difference between humor and mocking. One is funny, the other is mean spirited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies