Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 07:57 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why on earth would they undermine his campaign? They thought he was the best candidate to run against Hillary because she would wipe the floor with him. Days before the election they were talking about how much he would lose by.
Remember the polls predicting HRC's win
Remember Comey's help for Trump 10 days before the election in reopening the email controversy with the Weiner laptop announcement to the world...
The idea now that Comey is being classified as anti-Trump when Trump was praising his efforts to "be fair and evenhanded" is just typical for Trump who has no moral compass or cannot retain a memory once that tweet has cycled off the front page of his screen...

Old 04-12-2018, 08:07 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
OK, honest question here--if the FBI is so corrupt and dirty and desperate to take Trump down.....don't you think we'd be talking about the *late* Donald Trump? I'm sure the FBI could have arranged an outright assassination and pinned it on another party, or arranged a 'heart attack' and found a coroner to sign off on that (and hell, that wouldn't take much imagination--Trump's eating habits are atrocious and his exercise habits are non-existent. Combine that with his age, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened of its own accord.)

I mean, if they're *that* dirty and *that* corrupt....why does Trump still breathe?
There would be all out war, that is why. This country would see anarchy. The dems are now playing with fire.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:09 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
1--Cohen might be better attorney than I gave him credit for
2--Running off his mouth about Daniels and Avenatti didn't help his situation previously
3--Cohen knows that this case won't be swept under the rug--why antagonize the people you are dealing with
4--it is a warning sign to Trump that Cohen is not following the WH mandate to trash Mueller/FBI

Anyone know who Cohen is using for an attorney at this point???

On "Morning Joe" they had clips from Fox where the talking heads, Hannity, DiGenova, Gingrich, were apoplectic about the Cohen raids...had charts of the "Mueller crime family" with Whitey Bulgar's picture posted up there and the "Comey crime family"....a la "Homeland"...
They were ape-**** for Sessions to fire Rosenstein to "protect the President"...
They seem to forget that Sessions and the DoJ work for the PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES--
Not Donald John Trump...

Now I don't know what Sessions will choose to do
Obviously he is under lot of pressure and he has Ezra Watnick planted in his Dept and surely carrying tales back to Trump
But Sessions is also long-time colleague of Lindsey Graham and apparently they have lot of respect for each other (how Graham could respect Sessions with his past behavior boggles my mind but supposedly he does)
Now the Judiciary Committee is likely going forward with bill to protect Mueller--
How that would work don't exactly know--
But obviously seeing the Congress exert anything like a restraint on Trump would be a real surprise to him and the nation...
How low can Hannity stoop? Trying to equate Mueller with psycho killer and vicious mobster Whitey Bulger. This is literally nauseating. But when Trump goes down he'll take scumbag Hannity down with him. It'll be good riddance to bad rubbish.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I agree.

How could someone be SO loyal to another man that he would risk his freedom and family?

I would sing like a bird if it came to that.
Nicole Wallace said yesterday that someone she spoke with who knows Michael Cohen and had spoken with him said the general opinion that Cohen would take a bullet for Trump was wrong--
And in addition, Cohen would not even go to jail to protect Trump...

So how much of that is accurate, how much Trump is counting on as a bulwark against Cohen rolling over on him will play out in coming days I am sure...

Old 04-12-2018, 08:14 AM

So how soon is Keith Schiller hit by search warrant?
AFter all he was the guy in Moscow at the Miss Universe pageant...

Old 04-12-2018, 08:15 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Nicole Wallace said yesterday that someone she spoke with who knows Michael Cohen and had spoken with him said the general opinion that Cohen would take a bullet for Trump was wrong--
And in addition, Cohen would not even go to jail to protect Trump...

So how much of that is accurate, how much Trump is counting on as a bulwark against Cohen rolling over on him will play out in coming days I am sure...
You guys think Cohen would even see a judge? If charges are being pressed against Cohen, Trump will immediately pardon him. All charges will be dropped immediately.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:18 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You guys think Cohen would even see a judge? If charges are being pressed against Cohen, Trump will immediately pardon him. All charges will be dropped immediately.
That puts Trump is a very awkward position. He's screwed either way.

If Trump pardons Cohen, that could be the last straw for enough republicans. If Trump allows Cohen to fry and doesn't intervene, Cohen might flip to save himself, and tell Mueller everything.

Trump is a scumbag, he's put himself in this awful position and the only thing he can point a finger at is a mirror.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Oh is this yet another poster that doesn't understand how pardons work?

So then they depose Cohen and he can no longer plead the fifth. Tell me how that helps Trump again?

Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times
Quote:
Most of Cohen's crimes are going to be at the State level. There isn't a thing Trump will be able to do about that.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
To get a pardon he'd have to admit guilt. How could that help Trump for Cohen to admit, for example, to paying off three people just before the election to keep quite about Trump's sex life and using campaign funds to do it? Trump would having nothing to gain by giving him a pardon and much to lose no matter the charges. Trump is for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies