Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 02:01 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Remind me of the last politician who had their attorney's doors kicked in & were stripped of attorney client privilege due to something that is usually punished with a fine?
Right. So maybe that means they were conspiring to do something beyond skirting campaign finance laws.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
No, not that highly leveraged. This guy has multiple LARGE income streams with several recent multi-million dollar windfalls. There's no way he can spend money fast enough to not have $130K in liquidity. And even if he could be that highly leveraged, why would he? I don't believe it. There's something going on here. Mark my words.
Yep. He probably lied about using a Home Equity Loan to get the $130k. It was probably funded from campaign funds and he knew that was illegal, so he lied about the loan. He probably figured he'd get away with the lie because he didn't expect anyone to have the authority to dig into the financial details.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:12 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Talks between Mueller's team and Trump's legal team about POTUS sitting down for an interview have died since Cohen's office was raided.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/984520859535790082

Old 04-12-2018, 02:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Talks ended about Trump speaking with Mueller' team(after the Cohen raid) - likely because Trump is focused on stopping the investigation or stonewalling it (more likely). He's meeting with Rosenstein today. Likely Rosenstein will be fired within the next few days via a tweet or via Kelly or Kushner.

Trump probably plans to get rid of Sessions too.

Then Trump likely will hand pick someone like Nunez to take Rosenstein's place and this person would control the special counsel and will spike the ball and pretty much shut down the counsel's power to do anything. They'll leave it open in name only, but have a Trump boot-licker essentially stop any real investigating and just act like they are doing something. Kind of like the House Investigation went.

If the above happens, this will be much much bigger than Comey's firing. It will be the beginning of the end of Trump's presidency. People will take to the streets and citizens will be contacting their Senators and Representatives in high numbers. And it will be messy and ugly and there will be constant headlines. And Trump will eventually go down in flames, all because of his actions.

History folks. It's all about to happen pretty soon.

Last edited by sware2cod; 04-12-2018 at 02:44 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 02:27 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh dear -- you've been listening to the President again -- you know better.

Cohen clarified that the FBI politely knocked and were very professional and even courteous.
You guys are unbelievable. It's not LITERALLY knocking in doors, but you know: a FBI raid at 3AM in 3 different locations is figuratively knocking in doors.

The point is that it's HIGHLY unusual for this a raid on a lawyer to be approved. So either they found a willing judge (and don't give me the judges are impartial crap), or there is a major underlying crime. Violating election rules shouldn't be a high enough bar to justify a raid like this.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:28 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,747,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
It will be the beginning of the end of Trump's presidency.
And maybe the end of America if Congressional Republicans allow it to happen.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:31 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Remind me of the last politician who had their attorney's doors kicked in ...
"But I will tell you that members of the FBI that conducted the search and seizure were all extremely professional, courteous, and respectful. And I thanked them at the conclusion,"

- michael cohen.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You guys are unbelievable. It's not LITERALLY knocking in doors, but you know: a FBI raid at 3AM in 3 different locations is figuratively knocking in doors.

The point is that it's HIGHLY unusual for this a raid on a lawyer to be approved. So either they found a willing judge (and don't give me the judges are impartial crap), or there is a major underlying crime. Violating election rules shouldn't be a high enough bar to justify a raid like this.
oh you are highly sensitive. I was being light hearted, I just think it is odd and a little humorous the President was very dramatic and Cohen was -- meh -- they came in got some stuff and left.

I agree with you. Even Trey Gowdy said that there has to be something there for all of this to have gone down.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:37 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Talks ended about Trump speaking with Mueller' team(after the Cohen raid) - likely because Trump is focused on stopping the investigation or stonewalling it (more likely). He's meeting with Rosenstein today. Likely Rosenstein will be fired within the next few days via a tweet or via Kelly or Kusher.

Trump probably plans to get rid of Sessions too.

Then Trump likely will hand pick someone like Nunez to take Rosenstein's place and this person would control the special counsel and will spike the ball and pretty much shut down the counsel's power to do anything. They'll leave it open in name only, but have a Trump boot-licker essentially stop any real investigating and just act like they are doing something. Kind of like the House Investigation went.

If the above happens, this will be much much bigger than Comey's firing. It will be the beginning of the end of Trump's presidency. People will take to the streets and citizens will be contacting their Senators and Representatives in high numbers. And it will be messy and ugly and there will be constant headlines. And Trump will eventually go down in flames, all because of his actions.

History folks. It's all about to happen pretty soon.
You guys are overthinking this. 90% of America doesn't care about Mueller and are not paying attention.

Rosenstein's days are number, I think that's a given. He'll probably keep Sessions in power though.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:45 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,730,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
You guys are overthinking this. 90% of America doesn't care about Mueller and are not paying attention.

Rosenstein's days are number, I think that's a given. He'll probably keep Sessions in power though.
I agree most people aren't paying attention to this, most people are concerned about the trials and tribulations of their own lives. But there will be MASSIVE protests if Trump fires Mueller. It's already organized. Moveon.org has a rapid response with predetermined locations in the event that happens. Over 300,000 have RSVP'd. The streets are hot right now.

https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller...events/search/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies