Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 01:43 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
That's the trick from the dishonest left. Create a lie, accuse someone and if they defend themselves, then they're obstructing justice. You're only fooling yourself, the rest of us see right through you.

Look harder, I'm not on the left.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-12-2018, 01:44 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
again, cohen facing potential charges for campaign finance violations is not a surprise. we've been discussing it for weeks in the stormy daniels thread...... based on cohen's own statements.
Remind me of the last politician who had their attorney's doors kicked in & were stripped of attorney client privilege due to something that is usually punished with a fine?

Old 04-12-2018, 01:45 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Remind me of the last politician who had their attorney's doors kicked in & were stripped of attorney client privilege due to something that is usually punished with a fine?
Nobody kicked in doors, even Cohen said how polite and professional they were.

Trump has indeed, provided some..... unique.... situations.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM

37,231 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Thats a bit different then what is being discussed.

I would bet my house trump has knowingly violated the law. Not just unknowingly.

Are there people who haven't knowingly broken the law? Sure. But most people have broken the law. In little ways, and in big ways.

There is a reason I wouldn't run for office for example. Its why I believe Trump didnt plan on actually winning.
I would imagine Trump wishes he could have a do-over about now.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
First of all, why is resigning the nuclear option?

Secondly, with all his tentacles inside the FISA process that started the Russia investigation why shouldn't he recuse himself?
Because he will frame it (correctly) as being forced to resign. And once that occurs all heck will break loose.

Because the FISA process was done within the law. Theres nothing improper about what was done. LOTS of baseless accusations that seem to be designed to sway some folks's minds about it have been made, but they really are wishful thinking.

The FISA stuff should be much harder to get then it is-but that is congresses fault, not Rosensteins. The FISA application folks are all upset about provided VASTLY more then was needed to be granted. Go check out the FISA application rejection rate. Out of 35,529 applications from 1979 to 2013....a grand total of 12 were rejected. And its not clear how many of those were resubmitted and later granted. All 4 of them rejected in 2003 we know were resubmitted and accepted for example.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
To distill this rant into one sentence: Trump and associates should be above the law.

Reality doesn’t operate that way. Cohen is about to find out for himself. Reality is knocking, I suggest you answer the door.
At the end of the day, you choose to ignore the facts because you want to "get" Trump "by any means necessary". You're a case in point of the far left extremists who don't care what means are used, so long as they get Trump. If that means breaking the law, you're fine with that.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
No, not that highly leveraged. This guy has multiple LARGE income streams with several recent multi-million dollar windfalls. There's no way he can spend money fast enough to not have $130K in liquidity. And even if he could be that highly leveraged, why would he? I don't believe it. There's something going on here. Mark my words.
Agreed. If a multi-millionaire with several income streams can't write a check from a personal account for $130,000, he may as well file for bankruptcy. That would be a cash flow problem of a frightening magnitude.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And the zombie apocalypse is just around the corner as well. Where do you get this **** from? Rhetorical question. You just listed every single bat crap crazy conspiracy theory that Trump would be personally proud to list as well...sad.
You must truly be living in an alternate universe if you're unaware of the things I listed. Honestly, I don';t believe you're ignorant, I just think you're unprincipled and don't want to know because all you care about is getting Trump. If that means framing him, so be it. If it means a coup d'etat within the intelligence community, you're fine with that. Breaking the law, no problem. Violating civil rights, go right ahead. You believe the ends justify the means.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
oh dear -- you've been listening to the President again -- you know better.

Cohen clarified that the FBI politely knocked and were very professional and even courteous.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
You must truly be living in an alternate universe if you're unaware of the things I listed. Honestly, I don';t believe you're ignorant, I just think you're unprincipled and don't want to know because all you care about is getting Trump. If that means framing him, so be it. If it means a coup d'etat within the intelligence community, you're fine with that. Breaking the law, no problem. Violating civil rights, go right ahead. You believe the ends justify the means.
Is it OK is we only tell the truth about him...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies