Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 10:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm more interested in Trump admitting to doing things he claims not doing. But this fan club will probably find a way to dismiss anything he says just like they did the Access Hollywood tape. "locker room talk" in your lawyer's office
Maybe there is evidence that Trump has committed the equivalent of shooting someone in Time's Square

I think evidence that he pushed any of his companions to have an abortion would be fairly significant evidence against him although the evangelicals are probably willing to allow any behavior on his part as long as he will push to revoke Roe vs Wade...

Old 04-13-2018, 04:39 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Recordings likely going back years??? OMG! As a former US DOL investigator the thought of just indexing that information - what a challenge. Today they could likely use transcription software to make the job easier but if there is anything of interest (include or exclude as something covered by attorney-client communication) it will take a human to listen closely.

Were I Cohen I would ask for me and my family to be placed in a witness protection program. I don't think they can request the court to secure his passport without an indictment (maybe a material witness?) but were I the FBI I would have him under surveillance.

Maybe I am just a crazy woman but his current demeanor is so different than how he has, reputably, behaved in the past. I wonder if he is medicated or .....?

I think the enormity of this situation is really starting to sink in for him. If I had a raid on 3 of my residences, and if they hauled off a bunch of my personal records, I would be scared to death.

I remember reading that Cohen's dad was an Attorney for some mobsters, so there are probably some dirty connections and dealings on the part of Jr too. He and Trump have played fast an loose with their business relationship for decades, and both of them have to know that a lot of what they hid is probably going to come to light.

Wouldn't be surprised for them to offer Cohen a deal to flip on Trump, he is the big fish in this mess.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:40 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Sure, Stormy is just one aspect of this whole investigation. Cohen is in some deep ****, and Donald Trump is sweating bullets. I bet we see some really radical act by Trump in the next week or so, he has to be trying to figure out what he can do to put a halt to all of this.

I'd love to be a little fly on the wall and watch what Trump is actually doing. If he is as angry as he has been on TV, can you begin to imagine what he is like in private ?
Agree. The Trump/Cohen team is accustomed to settling legal imbroglios with no admission of guilt or wrong-doing, while simultaneously getting their victims to sign NDAs.

The 'no admission of guilt or wrong-doing' part is off the table. The 'settling' with the American people (the victims of their corrupt organization) is also off the table.

You're absolutely right - these guys are in deep & they both know it - you're also right about the sweating bullets part.

Someone should just convince Mr. Trump that Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice are already working on the musical score for the play about his presidency à la 'Evita'. It is, after all, one of Mr. Trump's favorites.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:47 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Quote:
I'm more interested in Trump admitting to doing things he claims not doing. But this fan club will probably find a way to dismiss anything he says just like they did the Access Hollywood tape. "locker room talk" in your lawyer's office
Perhaps they think hiring Russian hookers makes him a job creator.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:14 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
My God. This man really is a monster. Doing the GOP's dirty work, not just Trump's.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...38516675129344

Old 04-13-2018, 06:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Does anyone know the status of whether or not Mr. Cohen is still Trump's lawyer since now he needs is own lawyer. If not, who is Trump left with for legal representation?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:26 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Quote:
Does anyone know the status of whether or not Mr. Cohen is still Trump's lawyer since now he needs is own lawyer. If not, who is Trump left with for legal representation?
I'd like to know also. I haven't heard anything definitive.

He's said he would take a bullet for trump. Maybe he values him above his own Ukranian wife and children.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
No---Nicole Wallace the day of the raid said she had spoken with someone who knows Cohen and not only would he not take a bullet for Trump, he wouldn't go to jail for him--

And yes--I too wonder about that Cohen being Trump's attorney
Even Sarah S didn't seem to know...
Maybe Dershowitz will be coming on Team Trump

Old 04-13-2018, 07:11 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Is the goal to "get something on him and make it stick." In Robert Penn Warren's All the King's Men the politician (obviously a clone of Huey Long) told the protagonist “get something on him, and make it stick.” The result, if I recall correctly, was a suicide attempt.
And???
Should a Special Prosecutor be engaged to take dead aim at an elected President, because some people didn't like the result of the election?

Old 04-13-2018, 07:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Cohen has been awfully quiet regarding this. Does he know the *** is up? He's kind of know for his bluster, and legal threats to anyone who dares go after his Dear Leader/Father Figure. "I'll come after you for every penny you don't have". Remember the bragging, not even a couple of weeks ago, about how he looks forward to the $20M From Stormy's breach of the NDA, 20 times, at $1M each. He ain't so mouthy all the sudden, is he?
He may not be a great lawyer himself, but surely even he was/is smart enough to have found himself a good one who has undoubtedly told him to keep his mouth shut, as any lawyer worth his hourly rate would.

I don’t expect we’ll hear anything from Mr. Cohen until/unless he gets a deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies