Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 09:09 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

LovesToRead: Thanks for explaining. The system wouldn't let me give you a rep point. I owe you one.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:36 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,458,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Does anyone know the status of whether or not Mr. Cohen is still Trump's lawyer since now he needs is own lawyer.
cohen has been arguing that the stormy daniels settlement agreement is between her and "Essential Consultants LLC" ( EC LLC ), not trump, and that he represents EC LLC. so the question is if cohen was ever trump's lawyer in this case. add to that the fact that we have other lawyers now involved ( most notably charles harder ). i have no idea if they represent EC LLC, trump or cohen.

such a convoluted trainwreck.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:39 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Basically asking for protection from the FBI at this stage is akin to taking the 5th IMO
The federal judge isn't going to impose a second "Chinese wall" to please Cohen or Trump especially by letting them have any choice is picking said "special master"
To do so would be to admit that Trump/Cohen are victims of illegal prosecution by the FBI
Basically saying the process is crooked

Don't see that happening
But that's just one Democrat awash in a state filled with GOP voters...

Old 04-13-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
cohen has been arguing that the stormy daniels settlement agreement is between her and "Essential Consultants LLC" ( EC LLC ), not trump, and that he represents EC LLC. so the question is if cohen was ever trump's lawyer in this case. add to that the fact that we have other lawyers now involved ( most notably charles harder ). i have no idea if they represent EC LLC, trump or cohen.

such a convoluted trainwreck.
Cohen WAS Trump's lawyer because Trump said he was on AirForce One
When asked specifically about the Daniels case
So we have to believe Trump---
He wouldn't lie to the American people, would he???

Old 04-13-2018, 10:00 AM

And news just out that Trump also had attorneys--I guess Sekulow--didn't hear who they were
At Cohen's yearning to suppress the info the FBI gained
Supposedly the FBI has not had opportunity to view the info (maybe because they were using taint teams to organize and review)
Now Cohen and Trump I guess are asking for a special master to review documentation
I thought the FBI would have provided special master for each taint team to keep all info separate from each other team and to review if questionable

Wonder who Trump and Cohen would like to see made a special master---Dershowitz???

Old 04-13-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Cohen WAS Trump's lawyer because Trump said he was on AirForce One
When asked specifically about the Daniels case
that's right! i didn't put that together before.

ha! i think trump just F'd-over cohen's EC LLC angle.

great job donnie!

avenatti is going to owe trump and cohen checks after all this is over for all the help they've given to his case.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:07 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
When it comes to obstruction, we have lots of compelling reason to believe that there has been illegal actions.That case is basically available now with what we know on public record. In regards to Russia... I'd argue that working with Russian Nationals to subvert US law is bad enough to be an impeachable offense, regardless of the illegality. I hope that Mueller will submit a report essentially saying that. Because I don't believe that Trump didn't know about Trump Jr.'s Russia meeting, and that IS collusion: both sides getting together to preview illegally obtained documents in order to subvert U.S. Law

Old 04-13-2018, 10:08 AM

4,034 posts, read 2,719,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that's right! i didn't put that together before.

ha! i think trump just F'd-over cohen's EC LLC angle.

great job donnie!

avenatti is going to owe trump and cohen checks after all this is over for all the help they've given to his case.
So much for the 'stable genius', eh?

Old 04-13-2018, 10:12 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,348,212 times
A chinese wall is not imposed by a judge, just something a firm will set up on its own and it’s not very common in the states anymore.

Cohen and Trump’s attorney can certainly assert some of the evidence seized are protected by attorney-client privilege and get a restraining order to prevent the DOJ from reviewing the evidence. Who knows.

At this point, who really believes Trump did not have an affair with Stormy Daniels other than Trump himself and some of his most low-intelligence followers. And what privilege can Trump really assert if A) he didn’t know about the NDA and B) Trump is not this “David Dennison”? Remember, attorney-client privilege is a client’s privilege, not an attorney’s privilege. So if Trump asserts attorney-client privilege in the Stormy Daniels documents seized by the FBI, then he is basically admitting he was the client and has been lying to the public the entire time.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
.....then he is basically admitting he was the client and has been lying to the public the entire time.
cohen already did that when filing the paperwork for the $20million breach of contract by listing "Donald J Trump aka David Dennison"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies