Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 03:46 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Let's be clear, the ideology I support is, force shall never be used except in defense of self or others, and, the property of others shall be respected absolutely. That's it, as long as people abide by those two simple rules they can do what they wish, they can build ball stadiums, or hobbit holes, or just sleep on the beach, work or not work. Just don't steal and don't initiate violence

Pretty simple don't you think.

Could you summarize your ideology for comparison so we can understand precisely what it is?
I'm fine with the status quo with a few changes universal healthcare better social programs etc. I am not naive enough to think somehow we will all get along if only everyone agreed with one ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 03:58 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Also your a hypocrite if you truly believed in your principles you would refuse to pay taxes. Take a stand for what you believe in.
You will fine/cage/kiill me if I don't pay taxes. You will fine/cage/kill me if I do too.

Where can I go and what can I do where you won't kill fine/cage/ or kill me?

Old 04-16-2018, 04:04 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
I'm fine with the status quo with a few changes universal healthcare better social programs etc. I am not naive enough to think somehow we will all get along if only everyone agreed with one ideology.
What's that ideology, describe it in simple (as possible) statements. Just so we see who's ideologies are more complex and understandable, I'll give you a hint though, there are 53 titles of the US Code, divided up into sections, and paragraphs, chances are the total count of specific paragraphs runs into the millions. Then there are the department regulations based on the USC that expand and clarify. Yet someone understands that (or claims to), but cannot parse do not initiate violence, and don't steal.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yea, I already admitted to a strong personal bias in favor of myself, not sure what your point is. Same thing as everyone everywhere pretty much, with very few exceptions - most people are just afraid to admit it. Assuming you still live in the US, why haven't you left? You have blood on your hands. Put your money where your mouth is and immigrate somewhere that never drops bombs.

But then how could they accuse everyday American citizens of being murders?

No fun in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Because there is no way to completely eliminate your Statist footprint.

We've been over this a million times. YOU MUST PAY PROPERTY TAXES.

Also, my compliance with the tenets of your agenda are being made under duress. Consent can never be rightfully given under duress.

If I don't do certain things like paying taxes you (actually your henchmen because like all statists I assume you are too cowardly to commit violence on your own) will fine, cage or kill me.

Human nature is to survive, no?

EDIT: My financial contributions are involuntary. You have a gun to my head.

Yes. I MUST PAY PROPERTY TAXES. Unless, of course, I don't own property.

Everything you accuse others of - you are guilty of the same.

What violence are you committing in the name of your beliefs? Too cowardly?

Guess what? I don't want to pay taxes either; I have to. There is a gun to my head.

Go live off the grid and follow your beliefs and quit blaming everyone else for YOUR failings.

Quote:
Its almost like Utopia doesn't exist. I find your reasoning quite weak everyone just needs to understand my ideology and we would have world peace seems incredibly naive.

You are not alone. It's like a perverse fairy tale to which not many subscribe. Look at the libertarian vote.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:24 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
While this doesn't account for political syndicalism, Mondragon repersents how a co-workers federation that runs a certain facility may not have high revenue growth but has incredible stability and produces more than enough to provide for everyone who participates.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nt-cooperative

Old 04-16-2018, 04:35 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Agreed, we need a functioning society.

That also doesn't mean we need the state in its current form.

This.

A little libertarianism is better than no libertarianism.

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I MUST PAY PROPERTY TAXES. Unless, of course, I don't own property.
If you're forced to pay property taxes you never actually own that property--the State does.

Quote:
What violence are you committing in the name of your beliefs? Too cowardly?
Violence is antithetical to libertarianism. The whole philosophy is based on the non-aggression principle.

Quote:
Guess what? I don't want to pay taxes either; I have to. There is a gun to my head.
That's no different than the Mafia extorting business owners. The State is another form of organized crime.

Quote:
Go live off the grid and follow your beliefs and quit blaming everyone else for YOUR failings.
How is being against violence and theft a failing?

Quote:
You are not alone. It's like a perverse fairy tale to which not many subscribe. Look at the libertarian vote.
Ancaps don't vote. It's giving consent to others to rule over you. The State doesn't exist without consent.

It's in the Declaration for crying out loud.

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
What's that ideology, describe it in simple (as possible) statements. Just so we see who's ideologies are more complex and understandable, I'll give you a hint though, there are 53 titles of the US Code, divided up into sections, and paragraphs, chances are the total count of specific paragraphs runs into the millions. Then there are the department regulations based on the USC that expand and clarify. Yet someone understands that (or claims to), but cannot parse do not initiate violence, and don't steal.
This I see why I became an AnCap: 2 tenets. The end.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:09 PM

Capitalist make theft legal similarly to how the government does it.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
That's putting a band-aid on the systemic problem (capitalism).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies