Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 07:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Does Putin call you everyday or just when something new and different happens ? Better do as he says. He has some nasty needle's for those who fall from grace.
Putin could care less about my posts as long as Trump doesn't tweet against him...
So I don't think I have anything to worry about---do you, really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 07:30 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Who says "favorite American" if they are from America? Nobody. They just say favorite person.

Who says "favorite American" if they aren't from America? Almost everyone.
That poster is probably the reincarnated "swayalot". The trolls really need to get more creative with their user names.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Who says "favorite American" if they are from America? Nobody. They just say favorite person.

good catch

Old 04-20-2018, 08:55 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I find this retaining of Mr. Giuliani curious.

As already noted, one does not 'negotiate' with those charged with investigating possible crimes. Of course, an attorney may 'negotiate' a plea bargain with a district attorney.

Perhaps Mr. Giuliani is a bit upset at the seizure of Mr. Cohen's stuff, some of which, perhaps, could implicate him.

Now, Mr. Cohen's legal problems are obviously different from the Mueller investigation. The former is in the jurisdiction of the Southern District of New York (which Mr. G used to head up), while the Mueller investigation is under the auspices of the Justice Department.

Perhaps Mr. G is hoping that, by at least appearing to be helping Mr. Trump, he can 'negotiate' a Presidential pardon for himself down the line, should it be necessary. After all, there have been articles noting that some of the actions by Mr. G may be part of the Mueller investigation:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sition-n819616

Mr. G is an oddity. When announcing his divorce in early April (a few days before the search of Mr. Cohen's property), Mr. G said:

“We hope to do this as amicably as possible and hope that people will respect the privacy of our children at this time,â€

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2fb850694d43

A nice sentiment, except he and his current wife do not have children together, although they both have adult children from prior marriages. Mr G has two children, aged 29 and 31. It is not like they are toddlers.

Indeed, is this divorce a way to quickly split the assets (Mr. G is reportedly very wealthy now) in case Mr. G gets into difficulties with the law? Perhaps not, since the couple seem to have had problems for a while, but it is curious timing: file for divorce, Mr. Cohen's office raided five days later, Mr. G joining Trump's team a week later.

All speculation. However, I would be willing to bet a reasonable sum that there is more to this than meets the eye.

What was his record as a lawyer? It seems strange that Trump boasts that many lawyers want to be involved in his case but he winds up hiring..........Giuliani.

I'm sure his children want their privacy but I thought that they no longer spoke to him.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Rudy Giuliani. The garden gnome of the Trump administration.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:58 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That's hilarious! Thank God for the humor in this joint.

BTW, indictments just came down on McCabe, Comey is turning on him and he on Comey. This is going to be a fun Summer.

Yes, yes it is. Maybe not in the way you think it will be, but it is going to be fun for some of us !

Old 04-20-2018, 09:06 AM

10,784 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
That poster is probably the reincarnated "swayalot". The trolls really need to get more creative with their user names.
Probably?
Wow, you are slow.
I asked for a username change and intentionally kept ALOT in order to remain known to everyone.
In fact I've had more than one username change, as I previous was "amenalot" and "swayalot".
Looks like I wasn't obvious enough if you only think its "probably" me.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That's hilarious! Thank God for the humor in this joint.

BTW, indictments just came down on McCabe, Comey is turning on him and he on Comey. This is going to be a fun Summer.
The Justice Dept. watchdog sent findings to federal prosecutors for POSSIBLE charges.

A little early to declare fun in the sun based on possible.

But jump on it if it makes you happy.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
good catch
Yeah right good catch, you've made such a fascinating discovery.
I have to say "favorite American" because my favorite people are Ben Simmons and Rafael Nadal (I'm into basketball and tennis more than politics) and neither of them are American.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:28 AM

By coincidence, President Trump's favorite player is Rafael Nadal-
https://en.as.com/en/2017/01/17/othe...74_033086.html
In the video, Trump says: "My favorite player? Rafael Nadal, I love Rafael.....You talk about a guy who wants to win, he won't allow himself to lose.....I mean to me I think he's just a great great champion."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies