Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 PM

39,220 posts, read 27,589,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The OP has never left. I am willing to bet he is monitoring this thread. If posters are mocking the OP, it is well deserved.
Too much mocking on this forum in my opinion.

If I were the op, I'd come back and say, "my bad, I didn't read the article, I apologize, but there are a lot of people who dislike bible and Christians for no reasons. It also seems like many want to paint all the Christians with one broad brush."

shrug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I'm just wondering why you seem to be more critical of those calling the OP out than the OP actual OP for making such an absurd thread....
well, there are at least five posters who criticized him already. I don't believe I need to join the crowd.

Old 04-23-2018, 07:50 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What are conspiracy websites?

I certainly comment on a thread without reading the article first. I don't think it is a crime. So op made a mistake, what is the big deal?
Well, the big deal is that some of the posters will believe this kind of stuff. In my area back in 2011 or so, a right winger did what you see below. Many of the posters on here are carbon copies of this man. Only difference is that they haven't committed violence - yet. Sloppy, lazy postings can be dangerous.

"...Oakland police spokesperson Jeff Thomason confirmed at Williams' July 20 arraignment that evidence indicated Williams planned to target the San Francisco offices of the American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California and the Tides Foundation. Investigators reported Williams told them he wanted to "start a revolution by traveling to San Francisco and killing people of importance at the Tides Foundation and the ACLU."[5][6]

In an interview with Media Matters for America, Williams claimed that he chose the Tides Foundation as a target because he believed that American billionaire philanthropist George Soros "has the Tides Foundation and the Tides fund," which he uses "for all kinds of nefarious activities."[7] While some outlets have suggested a link between right wing rhetoric and the shootout, in an interview with Examiner.com, Williams spoke more about his influences, stating that he felt outlets like Fox News Channel were neglectful when it came to organizations like the Tides Foundation, and cited a variety of websites and outlets as influences, including David Icke and Alex Jones."[8]

Tides CEO Drummond Pike stated:[9]..." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_freeway_shootout

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSOGH2B_9SQ

Old 04-23-2018, 07:55 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
well, there are at least five posters who criticized him already. I don't believe I need to join the crowd.
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean you should be making excuses for the OP either, especially when they have the posting history the OP has and start linking from nut job conspiracy sites....

Old 04-23-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean you should be making excuses for the OP either, especially when they have the posting history the OP has and start linking from nut job conspiracy sites....
Thanks for the advice.

I don't know what else do you need, honestly.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:19 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice.

I don't know what else do you need, honestly.
All good. Don't need anything else. Just thought it didn't make any sense to rush to defend the OP as simply making a 'mistake' given his posting history and conspiracy website link...

Old 04-23-2018, 08:52 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
For example, why the heck does every hotel have a free bible in the nightstand? I'm not actually opposed to it, but seriously, think about what that means. If the "poor, put-upon" Christians weren't so insanely powerful in this nation, hotels wouldn't be wasting money on things like that.
It takes true bullies to cry persecution like the evangelicals do anytime somebody dares to question their authority. No other special interest group in this country has the kind of power that evangelical Christians do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies