Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 01:24 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,347,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and do you not know Snopes is far left leaning and not always completely correct or honest?
I have no idea if the liberals in Ca are trying to stop the sale of Bibles, it sounds pretty far fetched, but I also would never take anything Snopes says as the whole truth. Anyone who does needs to rethink statements like some do not know how to read. I might add, some posting here are too gullible.
No, what is gullible is coming in and saying "oh that site is biased" despite it really not being biased at all overall. Then just shuffling off without providing any other citation. You just want to wallow in your own confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance.

If you feel that snopes was wrong, back it up. You just don't get to say "BIAS!" or "Fake News!" then run off without backing up the statement.

However don't let me stop you from just bull****ting yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 01:26 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Best law ever.
You want big daddy guvmint to tell you what you can read now?

Old 04-22-2018, 01:34 PM

47,000 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
I have no idea if the liberals in Ca are trying to stop the sale of Bibles...
They're not. Glad we got that cleared up.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:36 PM

47,000 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, I am very sorry that this has happened to you, but it looks like you need to blame your family and your family ONLY. Your struggle really has nothing to do with Christians, Christianity, or the bible.

I am a Christian and I went to a religious school when I was a kid. I never consider homosexuality as an unforgivable sin, nor do I feel I need to judge others based on their sexuality or their sexual orientation simply because I CALL myself a Christian. The relationship between a gay person with God belongs to him and him only. There is great comfort in the "unknown."

Not all Christians have a problem with gays. Just sayin'.
Thing is, those who so eagerly defend "conversion therapy" claim to be Christian. Loudly.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:48 PM

39,253 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Thing is, those who so eagerly defend "conversion therapy" claim to be Christian. Loudly.
So?

A lot of people claim to be liberals, they are not.
It looks like that poster only has his family to blame. I know one gay person whose parents are Christians. They (the parents) love him unconditionally, most parents do.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You want big daddy guvmint to tell you what you can read now?
Yeah

Old 04-22-2018, 02:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
No, you ruined your life. You have mistaken temptation with sin. The Saints of God may be tempted by sin, but they resist it just like Jesus did. This is the new and victorious living that Jesus taught those who want to inherit eternal life. Sin = death (hell).
How convenient for you that your threats will not be realized in this life.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:21 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,473,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/ca...ale-of-bibles/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/california-bible-ban/

California liberals now are going after the bible because there are controversial terms in there that some liberals see as trying to change one's indentity.
Well, you people ARE actually more gullible than liberals!

I wouldn't have believed it ...

Old 04-22-2018, 02:48 PM

22,205 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
and do you not know Snopes is far left leaning and not always completely correct or honest?
I have no idea if the liberals in Ca are trying to stop the sale of Bibles, it sounds pretty far fetched, but I also would never take anything Snopes says as the whole truth. Anyone who does needs to rethink statements like some do not know how to read. I might add, some posting here are too gullible.

How is Snopes far left?? One link is a conspiracy but job site, the other sources there link.

Also why are you rarely critical of your own side? Scgraham spews hate you are silent, someone makes a tongue in cheek sarcastic response and you go up in arms

Old 04-22-2018, 02:49 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,639,390 times
Quote:
Huh??? What do you mean, you "have no idea" if this is true? Of course you do - or you would if you knew how to read for content, because everything you need to know to understand it is laid out right there for you in the Snopes link. But you don't know how to sort any of it out for yourself, so you just throw up your hands and accept that it will forever be a mystery to you.

This is the problem with so many conservatives - they are incapable of figuring anything at all out for themselves. They have their favorite sources - Breitbart, Faux, Alex Jones - that all say things they agree with and want to believe, and they believe everything they read there because it confirms what they want to think. So therefore, it has to be true, obviously!

To conservatives, citing a source means "this source says it's true, so it MUST be true!" Similarly, any source that says it's not true is rejected, because those sites say things they don't want to be true. So, Snopes NY Times, Wapo, and most other respected sources are all "fake news" because conservatives don't know how to read a news article and do their own thinking and their own research.

To most conservatives, citing a source means "this site says it's true, so it has to be true!" To liberals, citing a source means "here, read this and study the information, do some research". Most conservatives find that incomprehensible because they literally do now know how to read for content and think for themselves. They just think what they're told to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies