Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2018, 03:43 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
there is a small percentage of the customer base that's on social media whining about this issue. The vast majority of their customer base might be rural which hunt and fish, but most of them aren't on in hysterics on social media over the issue. Those folks are busy with life.

That hysterical group, while vocal, is rather small, compared to the real customer base. And many of the social media whinters weren't customers anyway, and never would be, although they are pretending like they are boycotting.

Ha ha. Next.
Not sure about that because my husband is exactly in their customer base as are his friends, co-workers, and even his boss. They are actually pretty upset about this but primarily they want more from Yeti than the statement they put out. Plus, he's on all these fishing groups and stuff on social media. Since the hubby is really active in the fishing community where we live, he's actually a pretty good representation of their customer base. His boss even cancelled his huge order for his coolers (63 of them) so it's having some impact on those that aren't saying anything on social media either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 08:11 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Neither you nor I could buy in bulk and then promote our groups using someone elses IP.
Actually, that happens all the time in fundraising auctions, raffles, etc., which is exactly what the NRA's and Quail Coalition's use of it was.

What, do you think a hospital charity foundation, for example, is going to hold a raffle for a car as a fundraiser and not announce in digital and print promotional communications what kind of car it is, year, make, and model?

That's just asinine.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:47 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Not sure about that because my husband is exactly in their customer base as are his friends, co-workers, and even his boss. They are actually pretty upset about this but primarily they want more from Yeti than the statement they put out.
What exactly are they upset about? I honestly don't get it. Did they expect Yeti to enter into a lifetime partnership with the NRA, where they wouod never be allowed to change the terms of the agreement? I'm sorry, but only an idiot would expect a company to enter into such an agreement.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
What exactly are they upset about? I honestly don't get it. Did they expect Yeti to enter into a lifetime partnership with the NRA, where they wouod never be allowed to change the terms of the agreement? I'm sorry, but only an idiot would expect a company to enter into such an agreement.
At least with hubby's crowd, there's a couple of things. Since Yeti was bought by the New York group, there's been some things which have came up. First, they attempted to restrict CCW at their flagship store. That went down like a lead balloon so they quietly rescinded that policy. I think that led to this situation where people are unwilling to believe Yeti's statement (at least hubby's groups). They're convinced this new ownership group is having an adverse effect upon the company.

As for the most common complaint seen on social media, etc - the big thing is that they feel Yeti is trying to take a side without actually coming out and doing so (and got caught doing so). They think that Yeti used the NRA and other outdoorsmen communities (which are pro-2nd amendment) to build their business and now are trying to distance themselves without losing them as customers. They (being folks on social media, etc) really, really do not believe Yeti on this move being just a change in business model based on both the timing of the change and the lack of additional information from Yeti. They also point to what many consider a long silence to respond and besides the statement, Yeti has said nothing else.

No matter what the truth is at this point, it's a bad PR problem for Yeti. They've had a couple of cancelled events they were co-sponsoring with other brands so it appears some other brands are distancing themselves - right now at least. Their competitors are jumping on this opportunity and taking full advantage which frankly is just good business acumen.

Taking away the NRA thing and looking at this solely as a PR problem - it wasn't handled well by Yeti in the beginning and has continued to be handled poorly. I personally find myself fascinated by it all because I get to see the impact to people I know who both love a product and are angry with a company. <shrug> This is why I never ever boycott anything for any reason. I'll even cross a picket line. Makes it easier not to deal with these kinds of choices. As I said upthread, my husband is not like that though so I find the whole debacle an interesting thing to watch if nothing else.

As an aside, hubby and friends are not morons and no way are they destroying their coolers. Not ordering more or covering the brand label with stickers? Yeah they are doing that.

Old 04-26-2018, 08:30 AM

587 posts, read 305,028 times
Don't support the Constitution ?

Without the Constitution All Else is lost.. your freedom,Your job your home and maybe your life...

LIFETIME BOYCOTT ON YETI COOLERS....

Goodbye Yeti

Old 04-26-2018, 08:57 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Don't be obtuse.

Yeti apparently made a decision not on a profit/loss business model, but liberal/leftist conformity to blame the NRA for the actions of nutcases.

You don't see the Parkland students protesting all the kids killed per year in car accidents, and then demanding AAA be put out of business as having blood on their hands.
Stats show close to 3,000 teens die per year in car accidents, so where are the "if just one life could be saved" crowd on an issue with much more significant loss of life, than the rare mass shooting?

`

Old 04-26-2018, 09:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Don't be obtuse.

Yeti apparently made a decision not on a profit/loss business model, but liberal/leftist conformity to blame the NRA for the actions of nutcases.

You don't see the Parkland students protesting all the kids killed per year in car accidents, and then demanding AAA be put out of business as having blood on their hands.
Stats show close to 3,000 teens die per year in car accidents, so where are the "if just one life could be saved" crowd on an issue with much more significant loss of life, than the rare mass shooting?

`
The facts at hand don't support your argument.

NRA claims that Yeti discontinued its discount programs because of politics.

YETI never stated that and NRA has provided no written evidence, facts to prove their point.

Yeti -- issued a statement on Monday saying it restructued and discontinued a number of discount programs.

Why would we believe the NRA over Yeti?

Why is ist impossible that Yeti is not doing discounts for organizations anymore.

Businesses enter into agreements and discontinue agreements with organizations all the time.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:13 AM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

YETI never stated that and NRA has provided no written evidence, facts to prove their point.

Yeti -- issued a statement on Monday saying it restructued and discontinued a number of discount programs.

Why is ist impossible that Yeti is not doing discounts for organizations anymore.

Businesses enter into agreements and discontinue agreements with organizations all the time.
While, that's true, the further demands YETI made are just... odd. There's really no other way to interpret it. NO ORGANIZATION does a fundraiser raffle, auction, etc., without advertising exactly what they are raffling/auctioning off. Given those very odd demands by YETI, one can reasonably conclude that they do not want their "Brand" associated with gun/hunting groups.

Fine. Their main customer base just won't buy their products anymore. There are other better and cheaper products. Shouldn't be a problem for anyone if YETI thinks they can build a customer base from scratch elsewhere. /shrug

Old 04-26-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

The facts do not support your argument either. You are choosing to believe Yeti. Other folks are choosing to believe the NRA. Frankly, the only people with the actual facts - Yeti and the NRA - have not provided evidence one way or the other to date. From a business standpoint and an PR one, it behooves Yeti to prove their version of events by providing complete transparency. Because they are the only ones really losing in this debacle.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:50 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
Don't support the Constitution ?

Without the Constitution All Else is lost.. your freedom,Your job your home and maybe your life...

LIFETIME BOYCOTT ON YETI COOLERS....

Goodbye Yeti
Yes, because a business changing their discount program means that they don't support the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies