Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 09:12 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Excellent question. The left sees everything through the prism of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. in other words they divide everyone into groups, that way it is easier to demonize a particular group and blame them for societal failures. So I was using the lefts own thought process against them. If a famous conservative told a black woman to suck his you know what there would be protests calling for that celebrity to never work again, rallies, 24 hour breaking stories on CNN and MSNBC denouncing said celebrity as a racist, sexist, misogynist and also blame Donald Trump, because surely that person voted for Donald Trump. But in this particular instance Tom Arnold is a radical liberal, so none of the above has taken place, plus said black woman is a conservative. The main point is to shine a light on the double standard and hypocrisy of progressivism.
I agree with all of this actually. A white man basically told a black woman to (do something bad) with racist guys just because she has different views than most normal black people. It's racism is on its finest. I'm not a huge fan of Candace based on her past of wanting to doxx people for bullying, but it's like me, as a black man, saying that I can't support who I want or think differently without being publically shunned for it. Arnold's comment was sad, racist, and unnecessary.

He basically said "What? You're black and not thinking along the ways we do? How dare you! you black piece of trash, go suck a *******!"

You should be able to support or think however you like and not be shunned for it, despite your race. And everything I've seen, I've not seen Candace saying she prefers whites over blacks or anything like that. To me, what Tom Arnold said is a new wave of racism that I actually have seen in my own life. I'm not overly liberal these days myself and I'm more in the middle, but I've been called names just because I don't really fall in line with the whole "I'm black so I'm super oppressed" narrative either. I mean, 10 years ago we literally elected a black President and black first family. Now suddenly, we're oppressed and can't do anything for ourselves? Nah, I don't believe in all of that and to me, that's a sad way to live my life. I rather work hard and be optimistic...it's gotten me very far in life so far ..but I certainly don't want others warping my viewpoint in life just because I'm a certain skin color.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:16 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I agree with all of this actually. A white man basically told a black woman to (do something bad) with racist guys just because she has different views than most normal black people. It's racism is on its finest. I'm not a huge fan of Candace based on her past of wanting to doxx people for bullying, but it's like me, as a black man, saying that I can't support who I want or think differently without being publically shunned for it. Arnold's comment was sad, racist, and unnecessary.

He basically said "What? You're black and not thinking along the ways we do? How dare you! you black piece of trash, go suck a *******!"

You should be able to support or think however you like and not be shunned for it, despite your race. And everything I've seen, I've not seen Candace saying she prefers whites over blacks or anything like that. To me, what Tom Arnold said is a new wave of racism that I actually have seen in my own life. I'm not overly liberal these days myself and I'm more in the middle, but I've been called names just because I don't really fall in line with the whole "I'm black so I'm super oppressed" narrative either. I mean, 10 years ago we literally elected a black President and black first family. Now suddenly, we're oppressed and can't do anything for ourselves? Nah, I don't believe in all of that and to me, that's a sad way to live my life. I rather work hard and be optimistic...it's gotten me very far in life so far ..but I certainly don't want others warping my viewpoint in life just because I'm a certain skin color.
I agree with what the OP said, but I don't agree that the reason is that nobody cares and is giving Tom Arnold some sort of carte blanche. I just think not enough people know he said it in the first place.

He's not top shelf celebrity and it seems like whatever went down between them was probably pushed out of view by something that was more of a news draw than his tweets.

I have seen "liberals" go after their own over behavior they consider to be racist... PLENTY OF TIMES.

See: Starbucks incident.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:17 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:

Excellent post! Kanye West tweeted out that he agreed with her and now he is facing all kinds of backlash. I think it is so racist of the Democrats to think that all black people must act think or vote in a certain way or they are not "black".

Old 04-23-2018, 09:19 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I agree with what the OP said, but I don't agree that the reason is that nobody cares and is giving Tom Arnold some sort of carte blanche. I just think not enough people know he said it in the first place.

He's not top shelf celebrity and it seems like whatever went down between them was probably pushed out of view by something that was more of a news draw than his tweets.

I have seen "liberals" go after their own over behavior they consider to be racist... PLENTY OF TIMES.

See: Starbucks incident.
I do respect your civility but I disagree with the premise. I think the left almost always to a fault rallies around their own and will do mental and verbal gymnastics to try and defend the liberal offender. As far as the topic, it's all over the news because Kanye West is involved as well. There are threads in this forum that are much more vague than this one.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I do respect your civility but I disagree with the premise. I think the left almost always to a fault rallies around their own and will do mental and verbal gymnastics to try and defend the liberal offender. As far as the topic, it's all over the news because Kanye West is involved as well. There are threads in this forum that are much more vague than this one.
I saw something about Kanye on social media, but I never saw it point back to Tom Arnold. I assume this is because Kanye is the larger celebrity.

And, I don't think people are attacking Kanye for holding this specific opinion on this specific issue.

I have seen more people expressing concern for his well being, since he's done some really bizarre things over the past year or so. He seems to have some mental issues, if one follows a lot of what he says... and I guess people are wondering if his involvement in this is just more of him saying random things that seem out of character for him prior to his last breakdown.

It is a valid concern.

Maybe he's totally fine right now and he is just stating a well-crafted opinion. Or, maybe he needs another trip to a facility to work on his problems. Who knows?

Old 04-23-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Excellent post! Kanye West tweeted out that he agreed with her and now he is facing all kinds of backlash. I think it is so racist of the Democrats to think that all black people must act think or vote in a certain way or they are not "black".
Yeah, it's ridiculous. We live in a world where you're scared to voice your opinion and get shunned for it. People get tired of that. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had about this in the past and how even I got attacked for not thinking this way. There are a lot of black people I know who feel the same way as I do, but are not outspoken about it because you just get attacked. Successful ones, ones with homes, good backgrounds, etc that don't gravitate to this whole "woe is me" mentality. But this is a case in point, as soon as you step outside of the way we're "supposed" to think (i.e. BLM, we're oppressed, white man is always keeping us down), then we're never going to get ahead because we're programmed that we're not going to so we shouldn't bother trying.

I will say that the ones who think like Candace are the ones who are doing well in life, whilst the blacks who are BLMing everywhere are the ones who still live at home, don't have anything going on in their life, etc because they're not bothering to try to think for themselves and to push themselves. The thing that sucks is if you do think differently, you automatically get labeled as a right-winger/conservative...when in reality, most aren't, they just want to be able to think for themselves.

Like I said, what Tom Arnold represents is a new version of racism that I've been witnessing lately. Basically, if you're a minority, know your role and stay in your lane and don't you dare think otherwise or well....(refer to Tom's tweet to Candace).

Old 04-23-2018, 09:29 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
I saw something about Kanye on social media, but I never saw it point back to Tom Arnold. I assume this is because Kanye is the larger celebrity.

And, I don't think people are attacking Kanye for holding this specific opinion on this specific issue.

I have seen more people expressing concern for his well being, since he's done some really bizarre things over the past year or so. He seems to have some mental issues, if one follows a lot of what he says... and I guess people are wondering if his involvement in this is just more of him saying random things that seem out of character for him prior to his last breakdown.

It is a valid concern.

Maybe he's totally fine right now and he is just stating a well-crafted opinion. Or, maybe he needs another trip to a facility to work on his problems. Who knows?
think again.

Quote:
Kanye West's tweets admiring controversial YouTuber Candace Owens sparks angry backlash and accusations that he is a 'Black Donald Trump'

Kanye West's tweets admiration for controversial YouTuber Candace Owens | Daily Mail Online

Old 04-23-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:

It is a valid concern.

In this case, they are attacking him for supporting Owens. Kanye tweeted that he likes how she thinks on Saturday and that's where the story is coming from. Now everyone is calling Candace a white supremacist cause she is against the BLM narrative of blacks always being oppressed and being victims and still using slavery for a context of why black people can't get ahead. That's why people are outraged.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
In this case, they are attacking him for supporting Owens. Kanye tweeted that he likes how she thinks on Saturday and that's where the story is coming from. Now everyone is calling Candace a white supremacist cause she is against the BLM narrative of blacks always being oppressed and being victims and still using slavery for a context of why black people can't get ahead. That's why people are outraged.
Ahhh... yes... I think I saw something about this float by on Facebook, maybe.

I do think that people should not be expected to hold a specific opinion based on their skin color. Candace can think whatever she wants. So can Kanye.

I seriously have seen people wondering if Kanye is mentally healthy. I did not see comments of that nature addressed at Candace, though.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
And then we have crazy man Kanye stepping in -- EGADS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies