Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:40 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So get me up to speed. What's the difference is saying suck my d to a black women and saying it to a white woman, brown, red or yellow woman. Why do we distinguish the woman is a black woman?
The difference is nobody cares or comes to a black woman's defense when someone says crap like this. Black males won't even step up to the plate. If this tweet had been directed at a ww, all hell would have broken loose.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:42 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
The difference is nobody cares or comes to a black woman's defense when someone says crap like this. Black males won't even step up to the plate. If this tweet had been directed at a ww, all hell would have broken loose.

No, it wouldn't have. Just like stories of white guys being murdered by cops don't make national news.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:46 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
For those of you saying this is a Twitter thing, it made national headlines all weekend. So not sure why folks are attacking the OP in this case. It was all in the news this weekend. Just because you don't use Twitter doesn't mean it's not news.

Candace Owens Thanks Kanye West, Says He Fought Against 'Political Correctness' Before Trump

Old 04-23-2018, 10:49 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz;51696270[B
]For those of you saying this is a Twitter thing[/b], it made national headlines all weekend. So not sure why folks are attacking the OP in this case. It was all in the news this weekend.

Candace Owens Thanks Kanye West, Says He Fought Against 'Political Correctness' Before Trump
Because it started on Twitter.

IMO it is a sad thing today when social media posts become "news"

No one GAF what Tom Arnold says.

And just like Kanye "took up" for her, so did other people on Twitter, so this is just made up outrage on the part of the OP IMO, to as, I noted, want to say/do racist/misogynistic/"bad" things same as liberals.

Most "news" is not newsworthy today.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
For those of you saying this is a Twitter thing, it made national headlines all weekend. So not sure why folks are attacking the OP in this case. It was all in the news this weekend. Just because you don't use Twitter doesn't mean it's not news.

I think they mean it's nothing more than trash talking on Twitter.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, it wouldn't have. Just like stories of white guys being murdered by cops don't make national news.
This is true.

People need to wake up to the fact that the "news" is just trying to get people upset about stupid crap by showing stories they feel will be most polarizing.

I'll note, I'm not a liberal and don't like our current president but I especially don't watch the news today because I think they report too many stupid stories about him - someone mentioned the funeral thing recently (which I saw on FB) and that is stupid - presidents don't usually go to the funerals of first ladies. Also making a story about every single little thing he says, usually when I look it up it is out of context.

Folks need to step away from the media and especially quit being mad because your "side" you feel gets demonized. Both sides feel they are demonized by the other sides media so it is silly IMO to be upset about this.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Because it started on Twitter.

IMO it is a sad thing today when social media posts become "news"

No one GAF what Tom Arnold says.

And just like Kanye "took up" for her, so did other people on Twitter, so this is just made up outrage on the part of the OP IMO, to as, I noted, want to say/do racist/misogynistic/"bad" things same as liberals.

Most "news" is not newsworthy today.
Considering most news stories these days start from Tweets (aka Donald Trumps entire presidency), I agree. It is a sad thing.

And I don't think it's made up outrage, again, the story was all over the news this weekend.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:53 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Thing is: some men (no, ALL men) should stop saying stuff like this, why? because most people say this kind of things are not that attractive.

NOBODY wants to suck his whatever. NOBODY even wants to think about his whatever.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Considering most news stories these days start from Tweets (aka Donald Trumps entire presidency), I agree. It is a sad thing.

And I don't think it's made up outrage, again, the story was all over the news this weekend.
No one was outraged until it got to the media.

They "made" the story. The OP got outraged because he/she read the media story and feels he/she should be able to get away with saying misogynistic things too. It is very toddler-ish to me.

It is made up outrage IMO.

And as I agree with you on Trump. He is the main reason why I don't even watch the news anymore. They always want to talk about his tweets. It encourages people to get "outraged" about social media or think that Twitter is a source of news when it is not.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yet we've seen no outrage from the right over their little snowflake's talk of ***** grabbing.

Other than typical hypocrisy, why is that?
No reason. RWNJ's are complete hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or... maybe some of us just don't follow Tom Arnold on Twitter?

I have no clue what this conversation was about. Nor do I want to go read about it.
Who in the world follows Tom Arnold on the twitter machine?

I have no idea what his political leanings are nor did I or do I care.

Twitter is full of insults for women of all races which is why I spend so little time there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies