Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 11:02 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And then we have crazy man Kanye stepping in -- EGADS!!!!
He is bigger than the Beatles (self-proclaimed).

Old 04-23-2018, 11:06 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
He is bigger than the Beatles (self-proclaimed).

And the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. (also self-proclaimed)

I think Kanye is another one people have learned to not take too seriously. His brain is just all over the place.

Have fun being a liberal, by the way.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:07 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. (also self-proclaimed)

I think Kanye is another one people have learned to not take too seriously. His brain is just all over the place.

Have fun being a liberal, by the way.
Thanks. It is very "liberating".

Old 04-23-2018, 11:19 AM

88 posts, read 50,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
If a famous conservative said this to a liberal black woman there would be protests in the streets, calls for him to never work again and CNN and MSNBC would of course be blaming Donald Trump. But Tom Arnold is a radical leftist, so he gets a free pass. Does any Neo Prog here have the intellectual capacity to condemn what he said without conditions or qualifications? I will not hold my breath
I don't condone what Tom Arnold said at all but what disgust me as well is the conservatives jump down his throat. The same people supporting the president, but they forget all the inappropriate and misogynistic things he has said and done.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:21 AM

41,972 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
We're not
Then why did you start this thread? You must care ....

Old 04-23-2018, 12:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or... maybe some of us just don't follow Tom Arnold on Twitter?

I have no clue what this conversation was about. Nor do I want to go read about it.

I can't think of anything I've watched with him in it. All I know is he's Roseanne's ex.
However from what I've seen it's just a common phrase that people make. It's none of my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
This phrase is not literal - it's an insult that both some men and some women currently use.

Risqué language has been modified by the internet, where there are fewer censors.
It's like people saying a woman has balls except in that case it's a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory05 View Post
I don't condone what Tom Arnold said at all but what disgust me as well is the conservatives jump down his throat. The same people supporting the president, but they forget all the inappropriate and misogynistic things he has said and done.
Of course but this is nothing new. It's because he is a "successful" businessman so he can be forgiven.
I'm more worried about the fact that Jeff Bezos apparently (I'm not sure if it's true..hope it's not) doesn't pay their employees enough considering I love Amazon but I don't see any threads about that which is interesting since his supporters hate Amazon since Trump started bashing that company. I bet it's because a liberal was the one that criticized him for it and they don't want to admit that a liberal can criticize their own side.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:44 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
The hypocrisy and double standards of the left in this thread is, well expected. Again, if this was a conservative comedian and he made his comments directed towards a black liberal there would be outrage, protests on CNN and MSNBC and they would be calling for every single one of his comedy shows to be canceled. He has a tour going on right now plus the summer, yet not one leftist will call for these comedy clubs to cancel his show because he's a liberal and she's a black conservative.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
First of all, you are hijacking the thread. If you want to start a discussion about that, start a thread about it. Please stay on topic. Secondly many, myself included condemned Trump for those disgusting words. You on the other hand made no attempt whatsoever to condemn Tom Arnold's misogynistic, sexist comments towards a black woman. So far 0-2 on leftists in this thread condemning Tom Arnold. Just as I suspected.
But I bet you still voted for him, didn't you?

See, that's the difference between you and me. Tom Arnold has always been a d*ck.
As such, I wouldn't read a tweet, watch a movie or otherwise expose myself to anything that he is involved in.
Contrast that to those who, despite claiming that they were aghast at Trump's comments somehow managed to see past those to foist him on everyone else in the country.

And liberals have double-standards?

Puleeze.

The only reason I even opened this thread was to see just how all liberals were going to get blamed for his actions.
Or something.

Epic fail in that regard.

Sure, I'll condemn what he said because it was disgusting and not worthy of any notice whatsoever.
Congratulations for making sure that he gets more attention than he is worth.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:55 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or... maybe some of us just don't follow Tom Arnold on Twitter?

I have no clue what this conversation was about. Nor do I want to go read about it.
I agree.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to care what stupid celebrities said or did?
Right?

I wish someone would write a rule-book or something so that we'd know if it is Monday, stupid celebrity statements are okay to pay attention to, but not okay the rest of the week.

It's all so confusing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies