Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:10 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
It's funny to me that some people are such black and white thinkers that they can categorize EVERYONE as either "left" or "right." There is no room for nuance.

The OP's premise is bizarre on many levels:

1) First, who cares what Tom Arnold says
2) I have no idea what Tom Arnold's politics are
3) These days, many people, of either sex, randomly insult others by flinging that insult
4) I can't wrap my head around the thought that the OP thinks that everyone is divided into two camps that MUST react in certain ways. It's beyond preposterous.
I was categorized "liberal" in this thread because I didn't outright condemn what Arnold said on here. I could care less what Arnold says because he is irrelevant to me. The title of the thread is misleading.

OP is one of many on here that will label everybody a liberal if you don't agree with their point of view.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:13 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,657,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I was categorized "liberal" in this thread because I didn't outright condemn what Arnold said on here. I could care less what Arnold says because he is irrelevant to me. The title of the thread is misleading.

OP is one of many on here that will label everybody a liberal if you don't agree with their point of view.
It's so absurd and childish. In fact, I think you could explain to a ten year old that people are complex and hold many different (oftentimes conflicting) opinions and viewpoints. That the OP is so simplistic in his thinking makes me wonder how he copes with everyday life. He must be incensed from dawn till dusk!

Old 04-23-2018, 10:15 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Not sure why the OP thinks "liberals" need to get him.

If he did this on Twitter "Black Twitter" will get him lol.

They are not all liberals but they are all VERY cyber attacking sorts of people so don't worry. The blacks will take care of him.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:16 AM

Will note I agree, not many people care about Tom Arnold.

He's not much of a celebrity and I doubt most Millennials even know who he is lol.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:17 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I don’t condemn him for the same reason I don’t condemn a million other loudmouths on Twitter. They’re irrelevant. I have better things to do than care about irrelevant “celebrities” like Tom Arnold or Scott Baio.
I do not believe you. I believe that you do not condemn him because he, like you is a radical leftist. Another reason you do not condemn him is because Candace Owens is a conservative therefore nullifying her being black. That is the real reason you do not condemn him.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There’s no difference.

No one cares about this, and rightfully so.
So you speak for everyone? You are a radical leftist and you want all black people to be radical leftists. I've known your shtick for 10 years and you think all black people should act, think and vote alike.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Excellent question. The left sees everything through the prism of race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. in other words they divide everyone into groups, that way it is easier to demonize a particular group and blame them for societal failures. So I was using the lefts own thought process against them. If a famous conservative told a black woman to suck his you know what there would be protests calling for that celebrity to never work again, rallies, 24 hour breaking stories on CNN and MSNBC denouncing said celebrity as a racist, sexist, misogynist and also blame Donald Trump, because surely that person voted for Donald Trump. But in this particular instance Tom Arnold is a radical liberal, so none of the above has taken place, plus said black woman is a conservative. The main point is to shine a light on the double standard and hypocrisy of progressivism.
Doesn't seem to me that a liberal started this thread....

So why would you note the bold....

Very strange.

IMO most Americans are obsessed by race and especially by black people. It is flattering but can be very annoying.

As I noted earlier though I think its strange that folks seem to think "liberals" should say something about this. Also the idea that black people haven't already or won't say something about it ourselves if they feel a need to do so. Very paternalistic sort of thread. But I know many of you think black people are all "liberals" too. It is sad you all have such a narrow view of the world that you probably saw this on a conservative media rag and ran here to make a thread to complain about a white man getting away with racism (I guess) that you feel you should also be able to get away with.

It is ridiculous lol.

More and more as time goes on and I review stuff on the internet it shows me how silly people are about a lot of topics and other people.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Candace is getting her 15 minutes of conservative white fame
That's a very intolerant racist post of yours. In other words, typical progressive tripe.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So you speak for everyone? You are a radical leftist and you want all black people to be radical leftists. I've known your shtick for 10 years and you think all black people should act, think and vote alike.
I noted the Black Twitter-ers will get him.

Seems there were even some posted in this thread.

But in general DD is correct, no one too much cares about this.

Why do you think we should care about stupid ish Tom Arnold says...He's not important.

And I've never gotten the bold from DD either. I'm black and both he and I have exclaimed over the years that black people will say, do, and vote however we want to and that you should just deal with it and quit trying to control our lives thinking you know what is best for us.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Not sure why the OP thinks "liberals" need to get him.

If he did this on Twitter "Black Twitter" will get him lol.

They are not all liberals but they are all VERY cyber attacking sorts of people so don't worry. The blacks will take care of him.
Condemning someone's sexist, misogynistic words is "getting him"? As I explained already in this thread I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy and double standard of the left and ironically enough the double standard and hypocrisy has been amplified several times over in this very thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies