Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:25 AM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times

Advertisements

Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to care what stupid celebrities said or did?

Old 04-23-2018, 10:25 AM

24,001 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Will note I agree, not many people care about Tom Arnold.

He's not much of a celebrity and I doubt most Millennials even know who he is lol.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:28 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Condemning someone's sexist, misogynistic words is "getting him"? As I explained already in this thread I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy and double standard of the left and ironically enough the double standard and hypocrisy has been amplified several times over in this very thread.
You said there was "silence from the left."

As noted in the thread there was not complete "silence."

Black Twitter users will go on a cyber attack like they always do. As I noted in another post IMO it just seems like you want to tell black women to suck your d**k too and not have anyone say anything about it.

Most of us DGAF about Tom Arnold, but I'm sure the twitter-verse will take care of him and the news will report on it. Also as I noted, you probably got this from some conservative media rag and ran here to make a thread. Let me look....

Ta-da!!!

I found it on Brietbart and the Breitbart article was posted an hour before you posted this one lol.

You suck up a lot of conservative media it seems

Actor Tom Arnold Tells Candace Owens to 'Suck Racist D*ck'

Old 04-23-2018, 10:28 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I noted the Black Twitter-ers will get him.

Seems there were even some posted in this thread.

But in general DD is correct, no one too much cares about this.

Why do you think we should care about stupid ish Tom Arnold says...He's not important.

And I've never gotten the bold from DD either. I'm black and both he and I have exclaimed over the years that black people will say, do, and vote however we want to and that you should just deal with it and quit trying to control our lives thinking you know what is best for us.
I apologize but I do not know what a "Black twitterer"is. It's just odd that you define peoples tweets by the color of their skin, but anyway Candace Owens is a conservative so she is therefore a "sell out" and is therefore fair game for the type of insults and attacks that Tom Arnold hurled towards her. Just look at the attacks on Kanye West for simply agreeing with her.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:30 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to care what stupid celebrities said or did?
We're not, unless they use sexist, misogynistic words towards a black woman. But wait, that only applies if the offender is a white conservative and the recipient is a black liberal. Since the opposite is the case here, nothing to see here, move right along. Besides, she is a "sell out" to her race, so she deserves it, right?

Old 04-23-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I apologize but I do not know what a "Black twitterer"is. It's just odd that you define peoples tweets by the color of their skin, but anyway Candace Owens is a conservative so she is therefore a "sell out" and is therefore fair game for the type of insults and attacks that Tom Arnold hurled towards her. Just look at the attacks on Kanye West for simply agreeing with her.
LOL - "Black Twitter" are black Twitter users. Black people have a higher percentage of users on Twitter here in America versus the rest of the population and Black Twitter-ers are notorious for cyber-bully attacks and funny memes.

You don't know about them because you aren't black and think those dam liberals control us probably lol.

And Black Twitter doesn't care if someone is a conservative most of the time (as long as they aren't a Tom sort of conservative) and they'll go on a tirade about race just because that's what they do. They are special sorts of internet trolls. Us old people frequent forums like this one - the young snarky folks are over at Twitter and Reddit and Snap Chat and other sorts of social media and there is a special subset of them that will go nuts about everything online and think everything is racist.

ETA: Us black people actually joke a lot about the Black Twitter-verse. Even though many of them are nuts, we know when something crazy comes out in the media they will be the first line of defense and usually they will have some great funny spins on the situation.

And Kanye gets a lot of negative tweets directed toward him by Black Twitter even without commenting on this woman who you and Breitbart are so concerned about. You need to have a backbone in today's digital age.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:32 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
You know why nobody is outraged? Because Tom Arnold is nobody. He's not in any position of power. He doesn't have a platform. He's known, but not necessarily for anything positive.

I'm a moderate Democrat who thinks the extremists on both sides are mentally off. But I doubt even they would waste time commenting on something like this given the big picture of all the things they could be upset about.

I get the premise for the thread. It's the hypocrisy of those on the left. Kind of like the morons who castigated Trump for not going to Barbara Bush's funeral not realizing the president doesn't go to the funeral for first ladies. Obama didn't go to Nancy Reagan's and Bill Clinton didn't go to Jackie Kennedy's. Their wives attended.

This isn't the hill you want to die on, though, because it's actually an anthill.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:33 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:

Tom Arnold told a black woman to "suck his d?!k". As usual, the silence from the left is deafening
Just when I thought the age of wit and intelligent humour had long gone.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Get you some, Red Pill - Black!

Old 04-23-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
So you decided she's a "sell out?"

Thanks for letting me know. I don't even know who she is. Unlike you, I don't follow media sites and I am not a Twitter user because I don't like to view garbage every minute of the day in regards to other people's ridiculous POVs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies