Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 03:28 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,201,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
But I bet you still voted for him, didn't you?

See, that's the difference between you and me. Tom Arnold has always been a d*ck.
As such, I wouldn't read a tweet, watch a movie or otherwise expose myself to anything that he is involved in.
Contrast that to those who, despite claiming that they were aghast at Trump's comments somehow managed to see past those to foist him on everyone else in the country.

And liberals have double-standards?

Puleeze.

The only reason I even opened this thread was to see just how all liberals were going to get blamed for his actions.
Or something.

Epic fail in that regard.

Sure, I'll condemn what he said because it was disgusting and not worthy of any notice whatsoever.
Congratulations for making sure that he gets more attention than he is worth.
Excellent post!

I had no clue what Tom Arnold's politics were, I doubt many people do. I couldn't care less about him, I had no idea he was even still in entertainment. All I have ever known of him was that he was married to Roseann Barr. I've never heard of the woman. This thread is NUTS, no one is standing up for him. The guy is an ******* and his comment was repulsive.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:54 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
If a famous conservative said this to a liberal black woman there would be protests in the streets, calls for him to never work again and CNN and MSNBC would of course be blaming Donald Trump. But Tom Arnold is a radical leftist, so he gets a free pass. Does any Neo Prog here have the intellectual capacity to condemn what he said without conditions or qualifications? I will not hold my breath
Please hold your breath.
No one cares what Tom Arnold does on any side of the political spectrum.

And he didn't even say what you accused him of saying anyway.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Please hold your breath.
No one cares what Tom Arnold does on any side of the political spectrum.

And he didn't even say what you accused him of saying anyway.
Dude, the original tweet is literally two post above yours.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:35 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Dude, the original tweet is literally two post above yours.
Reread, he said she suck's "Racists di**", not that she sucks his.

I'm one of the few leftists who actually knows of Candance Owens and don't like Candance Owens. To me her political views are unimportant but the fact that she is generally a disgusting person, and used the race card when even her own conservatives called her out on her stuff.

Tom Arnold's language was harsh, but to call it misogynistic in this day and age were "suck my di**" is a common insult said by male millennials towards other mostly male millennials minimizes actual misogyny.
I still think that insulting a political opponent is bad as it shows he has run out of an argument and is a low blow in general, but I don't think this is something that needs to be widely condemned and Tom Arnold isn't representative of most liberals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRftGrshfTU

Her is another conservative black women who talked about her actions that she did that made her a pariah on the YouTube Right-wing community.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post

I'm one of the few leftists who actually knows of Candance Owens and don't like Candance Owens. To me her political views are unimportant but the fact that she is generally a disgusting person, and used the race card when even her own conservatives called her out on her stuff.

Tom Arnold's language was harsh, but to call it misogynistic in this day and age were "suck my di**" is a common insult said by male millennials towards other mostly male millennials minimizes actual misogyny.
I still think that insulting a political opponent is bad as it shows he has run out of an argument and is a low blow in general, but I don't think this is something that needs to be widely condemned and Tom Arnold isn't representative of most liberals.

Her is another conservative black women who talked about her actions that she did that made her a pariah on the YouTube Right-wing community.

True, NN, and to muddy the water even further, women now say it.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:09 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:

Holy cow dude, follow the tweet thread. She called him a racist in her response to him and he said you can suck racist you know what. Obviously he was talking about him since he is the racist being talked about. Man, it should not be that hard.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:41 PM

30,172 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
This. If it wasn't for the OP I would have never known about this conversation.
For Tom Arnold the greatest thing that has happened to him in more than 20 years is the Rosanne reboot. But I think its ridiculous for him to be commenting on what he thinks certain black people should be doing or saying.

He needs to go back to obscurity. The only reason he has been in any kind of limelight either in the past or now is because of his association with Rosanne. Nothing else.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:47 PM

30,172 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:

Tom Arnold is not a millennial he is a baby boomer.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,201,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
True, NN, and to muddy the water even further, women now say it.
This true. Women do say it, I've even heard it said by a female movie character. Obviously, women know it isn't possible, it's like saying kiss my ass. Most people don't mean it literally.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:29 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Tom Arnold is still a thing? Leftist, rightist, all I've ever known is way back when (when he was married to Roseanne Barr and was on her show) I couldn't stand him. When he was on that show he literally ruined it, stale idiocy and like he was trying to take over, and Roseanne allowed it. But back to my point. Tom Arnold is some famous leftist and people listen to him? Or even know who he is these days? Give me a break. Is this 1992?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies