Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 06:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

WAPO has been and will continue to track Trump’s false/ misleading claims made.

They have identified 4,229 false/ misleading claims in 588 days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.db8b6332ebd2

I sometimes listen to WGN Talk Radio while driving. Scaramucci was a call in guest. He said Trump could probably get a 20 point bump in the polls if he laid off Twitter and instead let the economy speak for itself. He went on to say that Trump values loyalty - people who agree with him , no matter fact or fiction. A true loyalist would tell Trump what he needed to hear instead of what he wanted to hear.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:57 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump has never learned to keep his mouth shut--
Even long before he considered running for POTUS
Even before he started laundering money for Russian oligarchs

Running his mouth is just par for the course for him--
He is a narcissist
He can't resist talking about himself

Whether what he says is the truth (99.9% not) or an easy to spot lie, Trump lives to be in the news, get attention, and brag about himself...
The fact that he is talking, tweeting doesn't have anything to do with whether he is innocent or guilty--
The fact that he CANNOT tell the truth is just symptomatic of his malignant narcissism

Those of us who see Trump for what he is might think he is doing all this because he is afraid of Mueller--and some of it might be--but I have come to think that Trump just can't NOT be "on" all the time

The one thing he really has NOT Tweeted or spoken out against personally is Avenatti
I don't know what Avenatti or Daniels might have against Trump but it is something big

Guiliani has been talking trash about Avenatti and now Cohen--but not Trump
For me, Trump keeping away from bashing Avenatti speaks louder than a Grateful Dead concert
Yep. ALL of the above...and definitely the last line. Most can read him like a book.

Just waiting for the END, which is not soon enough.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:08 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Trump cheats at golf? I'm shocked, shocked...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I was stunned myself.

I could not find one report of him playing even one honest game.
Not that this is surprising.. what a waste of human flesh..

And what fun...who would want to play with him, anyway?

Old 08-01-2018, 07:16 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I'd actually lean towards your 29 number which is also the next number in a Fibonacci sequence.

Now that is being logical and knowledgeable. I will hang my hat on the number of 'angry democrats' reaching 29 by the end of September.

Obviously, Donald JOHN Trump lacks awareness of the Fibronacci sequence (as do I), but that does not negate the prediction.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:30 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Obviously, Donald JOHN Trump lacks awareness of the Fibronacci sequence (as do I), but that does not negate the prediction.
It's a progression that appears often in nature and is subliminally pleasing to humans. There is a reason you picked it.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:40 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yep. ALL of the above...and definitely the last line. Most can read him like a book.

Just waiting for the END, which is not soon enough.
Not sure there is a word that can describe how pleasurable it will be to watch Trump go into full meltdown mode before he is removed from office or quits. City-Data Trumplings are going to burn this place down.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:48 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
In another thread, I noted the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Essentially, it is the theory that you have stupid people that think they are smart. Yet, they are not smart, but they are too stupid to know that they are not smart. Hence, they think that they know all, whereas in reality they know nothing.

Here is a link to the actual paper by Mr. Dunning and Mr. Kruger:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf

It explains a lot of why Trump supporters support Mr. Trump despite his numerous falsehoods.

I will, in future, when a Trump supporter makes an illogical argument, simple reply "Dunning-Kruger Effect", and let it go.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:20 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,439,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
He has increased the number of angry Democrats, from 12 to 17. I suspect that, by mid-September, he will increase the number again. Let us see: he went from 12 to 17, an addition of five. One would think that by my deadline he would add another five, for 22.

However, 22 is a suspicious number. So, I think Our President will go for a more soothing number, such as 26, or perhaps an angry number, such as 29.

Of course, Mr. Trump may simply decide to double the number, to 34. It is easy to do, and is a 'good' number.
Ha! I v listened to so much of Trump speaking that your post was very easy to read😜😜👍

Old 08-01-2018, 08:23 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,439,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
WAPO has been and will continue to track Trump’s false/ misleading claims made.

They have identified 4,229 false/ misleading claims in 588 days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.db8b6332ebd2

I sometimes listen to WGN Talk Radio while driving. Scaramucci was a call in guest. He said Trump could probably get a 20 point bump in the polls if he laid off Twitter and instead let the economy speak for itself. He went on to say that Trump values loyalty - people who agree with him , no matter fact or fiction. A true loyalist would tell Trump what he needed to hear instead of what he wanted to hear.
We all know the way of the loyalists .

Old 08-01-2018, 09:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So exactly who are these 17 angry democrats he keeps tweeting about? Is there an actual list?
I don't know but a few months ago it was only 13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies