Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 12:37 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Advertisements

Beautiful dress. Looks great on her. People that are complaining are simply jealous, imo.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:38 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Am I supposed to give a crap that you are "accusing" me of something here? It is of no consequence to me that you do not understand why sharing your private life with a world audience on the internet can have a rather adverse outcome. You either get that, or you don't. It appears you don't. That pretty much covers everything.
oh I get it. and please note, what I "accused" you of is exactly what you said... LOL. you just don't get that you are good with victim blaming you have decided the victim has done something you don't like.

I don't really care if you care. this is really about those reading the exchange. I hold no hope that you would come to the conclusion that you are victim blaming.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:39 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Are non Chinese brides still allowed to wear Vera Wang dresses at their weddings ?

Have the social justice warriors made a decision about that ?

Old 05-01-2018, 12:40 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So is it ones genetics that identify culture or culture that identifies culture?
Is Lam American or Chinese. He speaks English, has an English name, wears American clothes (although they are probably made in China).
If an individual or group pretends to own a culture and have a patent on it they need to live it. It is hypocrisy to tell others they can not enjoy or partake in trappings of various cultures when they themselves step out of their own.
is it genetics? nope. the thing that identifies culture are the people who have figured out they can use culture as a weapon to subjugate the rest of the society.

its quite dangerous. you see it in this tread too.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:42 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
Young hottie wearing a revealing dress. What can be better? Thank you crazy libs for bringing it to our attention.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Young hottie wearing a revealing dress. What can be better? Thank you crazy libs for bringing it to our attention.
I can see why the guy she was with had a huge smile on his face .

Old 05-01-2018, 12:46 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
oh I get it. and please note, what I "accused" you of is exactly what you said... LOL. you just don't get that you are good with victim blaming you have decided the victim has done something you don't like.

I don't really care if you care. this is really about those reading the exchange. I hold no hope that you would come to the conclusion that you are victim blaming.
"Victim blaming". Another fantastical title bestowed upon others by hypersensitive self-appointed arbiters of social justice.

I prefer to think of my "victim blaming" in this instance as "addressing how common sense privacy measures used with social media could have prevented strangers from making fun of this young lady's prom photo on social media".

You can stick with "victim blaming", and remain oblivious to common sense.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Are non Chinese brides still allowed to wear Vera Wang dresses at their weddings ?

Have the social justice warriors made a decision about that ?
Better yet, what are all of those Chinese businessmen doing in Western business fashion in China?

Can someone get a picture of one eating some steak and potatoes, or shaking hands, while wearing a suit so that the progressive outrage machine has something to natter on about for another day?

That girl looks great in that dress. She also has more spine than ninety five percent of adults, which makes her even more likable.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Better yet, what are all of those Chinese businessmen doing in Western business fashion in China?

Can someone get a picture of one eating some steak and potatoes, or shaking hands, while wearing a suit so that the progressive outrage machine has something to natter on about for another day?

That girl looks great in that dress. She also has more spine than ninety five percent of adults, which makes her even more likable.
This photo is offensive .

Old 05-01-2018, 12:59 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Are they making fun of us by carrying their western style briefcases by the handle, like westerners do?

And I think that one guy tied his western style tie in a "Windsor" knot. Once this gets out, the liberal media will have a field day. He'll be lucky if he works again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies