Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 07:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

I don’t know...maybe for the same reasons you Republicans told us that Iraq needed to be liberated although it’s a million miles from us.

At least this is an issue that’s RIGHT HERE on our shores. SMH

Old 06-17-2018, 07:45 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The subtext of his comment indicated that he has no idea about the content of Romans 13 or how and by whom it is being used to justify removing children from their parents' care upon detention by ICE. The act of separating families is unconscionable, and the Christian morality being tossed about in support of this travesty is coming from the right, not the left. And it's not even good theology, as is evidenced by the outcry by clergy across the nation who are opposed to what the administration is doing. For goodness sake, even Franklin Graham has made public statement against the policy of separating immigrant families!
Do you also find it unconscionable and un-Christian like to separate American law breakers from their kids? If not, why not? What's the difference? And I'm speaking of those parents who enter our country illegally with their kids not asylum seekers who follow the protocol that they are supposed to at a legal port of entry.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:48 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Torture? Like the torture that regularly goes on in places like Mexico? And there are Americans among us who wish to leave the door wide open for torturers, MS-13, etc? It's not America's fault that places like Mexico are so screwed up. Why aren't people in those countries doing anything to make their country great again?

Running away from your problems is not an acceptable solution. These people need to stand up for themselves and take back their country from the drug lords, corrupt politicians, police who work with druglords, etc. Tough as it may be, it is the only way to solve the problem. Personally, I would like to see the USA help in this effort, with military assistance. But that would require outreach from the Mexican government, and they don't see eye to eye with this administration. They prefer another limp wristed Obama who will stand by as parasites overrun the host and drag this country down.
Many of these people are from central America. It is far worse there than Mexico. The Guatemala government has killed 100,000 Mayans, the native people, just for being Mayan.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:48 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
I think you Trump supporters enjoy watching the people you don’t like suffer. You people are truly despicable in your sadism and cruelty. Don’t even pretend to protest, because you forgot to put your white hoods on. I see you.

I think you Trump haters have had a complete mental breakdown and are so flustered that you must pretend the other side is the epitome of evil so that you do not have to rationally discuss issues. The only thing you see is the reflection in the mirror.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many of these people are from central America. It is far worse there than Mexico. The Guatemala government has killed 100,000 Mayans, the native people, just for being Mayan.
Imagine if we could have saved them and brought them here. We’d hsbe 100,000 more eventual Democrat voters.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens nor asylum seekers are true immigrants. Legal immigrants apply to come to this country from their homelands and wait in line until they are accepted.

How do you know that those of us opposing illegal immigration don't also oppose other policy issues and why change the subject to deflect? Yes, this is about respecting our immigration laws and the enforcement of them.

The illegal aliens and most of the asylum seekers aren't in countries where bombs are being dropped on them and your other off topic drivel has nothing to do with the issue of illegal immigration or asylum seekers either.

Dropping bombs from the sky isn't any worst that what the "war on drug" has caused in latinamerica. I hope you have 3 min to spare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylGfiR-VqBM

Old 06-17-2018, 08:00 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
No, they aren't. See my prior post which includes a link.
But. It. Is. Happening.

Today. Some member of the administration said “ we don’t have a policy to separate children from their parents. Wha???

A couple of members of Congress including Jeff Flake went to the place where they are warehousing people. And it is him that I’m referring to when I say it’s happening.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:00 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Do you also find it unconscionable and un-Christian like to separate American law breakers from their kids? If not, why not? What's the difference? And I'm speaking of those parents who enter our country illegally with their kids not asylum seekers who follow the protocol that they are supposed to at a legal port of entry.
I don't consider crossing the border to be on par with an American citizen being convicted of a crime and sentenced to a period of incarceration through due process. They are not equivalent! I strongly favor keeping immigrant families together in a detention center until their case can be heard. To do otherwise is to convict and render punishment without due process, and you will not convince me that separating families is anything but punitive. Our Constitution guarantees due process even for non-citizens. This has nothing to do with Christian morality as defined by the left or right. It has no bearing here, and both sides are wrong to be using it to defend their positions on the issue. This is about upholding the principles laid out in our Constitution, which bestows rights on citizens and non-citizens alike.

Old 06-17-2018, 08:01 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
No, no one is saying that. The change in interpretation of the law that has resulted in the family-splitting policy is a new interpretation by the Trump administration, and it applies to asylum seekers only. It used to be that families were kept together while awaiting an appointment before the judge. Now Sessions has determined that it is better policy to take five year olds, breast feeding babies and toddlers away from their parents while awaiting the court date. The law has not changed, and this is NOT about others who "sneak" across the border illegally. This is about people voluntarily approach a border crossing asking for asylum. It also is not, contrary to what the administration is saying, due to Democrats in any way. It is completely a matter of interpreting existing law. The Trump administration could at any time change back to the way it has been done by many other administrations. The precedent has been to keep asylum seeking families together, and the Trump administration has changed that precedent in a way that is particularly inhumane and cruel.

Wrong!

“Individual children are separated from their parents only when those parents cross the border illegally and are arrested,” he told Democratic Rep. Suzanne Bonamici of Oregon. “We can’t have children with parents who are in incarceration, so they are given to me. … So the best advice I have is, actually present yourself at a legal border crossing and make your case.”

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...uprisings-acr/

Old 06-17-2018, 08:05 PM

89,015 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
It is NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO SEEK ASYLUM...….
It IS illegal if one sneaks across the border to do so. Just don't do it. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies