Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 01:11 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I find it funny how just because some of us are asserting that we don't know enough about the busybody to conclude anything about racism that we are then classed as right-wing posters. When at least in my case, nothing could be further from the truth.
Who cares about innocent until proven otherwise? Use your prejudice to make the right prejudiced call! Its encouraged. Because the busybody is white! Be a good person!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 01:13 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
I find it funny how just because some of us are asserting that we don't know enough about the busybody to conclude anything about racism that we are then classed as right-wing posters. When at least in my case, nothing could be further from the truth.
We know that she called the cops on two Black grad students. That's a pretty low activity rate for a busybody who just likes to get into everyone business and police the halls.

Quote:
You don't have any evidence to determine if she's racist or not.
What we know is that for a busy body, she has a ridiculously light trail of calls to cops if this is her MO.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:13 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
" build that wall "

oh, you meant attack liberals

"gay marriage hurts traditional marriage"

nope, let me try again

"forgotten white working class"

still missed

" second amendment remedy.......#2A...... "

oh darn
I'm not a Trump supporter, but nice prejudice you have there. Fighting prejudice with prejudice. Always a winner.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
We know that she called the cops on two Black grad students. That's a pretty low activity rate for a busybody who just likes to get into everyone business and police the halls.

What we know is that for a busy body, she has a ridiculously light trail of calls to cops if this is her MO.
We KNOW she called the cops on 1 black grad student. That black grad student says the busybody called the police on a friend of hers.

We don't KNOW how many other times she's called the cops. You are making an assertion about a "light trail" when you do NOT know anything about that "trail".

Old 05-10-2018, 01:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
B/c you people make up stories out of whole cloth. We have the name and the incident where she called the cops on another student, and you're trying to claim that we can't trust that... lol. B/c someone just made up a completely fictional incident w/ real people.

Meanwhile, you have ZERO EVIDENCE that she's a busy body and you're sticking to it like you grew up w/ her and can personally attest to her behavior.
Nobody knows for sure.

The two incidents we know of are the ones in which she decided to call the cops. Trying to extrapolate a pattern from 2 cases would make my statistics professor's head explode.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
why are you making such an effort to dismiss it ?

calling the police takes this a step above busy body in the minds of most people.
You've clearly never been a police dispatcher.

Whoa! The stories I could tell.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:23 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
why are you making such an effort to dismiss it ?

calling the police takes this a step above busy body in the minds of most people.
I'm not "dismissing" it. Sigh. Again, what did I say in my first post? Maybe it was, but we don't know. This is what I'm dismissing: The very fact that some people instantly state it was based on "racism" without any proof whatsoever. Until we know for sure it was motivated by the other student being black, it is ridiculous to say that this was solely because the other student was black. There is no proof of it. Her being up in everyone elses business is definitely proven. That's all.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
We KNOW she called the cops on 1 black grad student. That black grad student says the busybody called the police on a friend of hers.

We don't KNOW how many other times she's called the cops. You are making an assertion about a "light trail" when you do NOT know anything about that "trail".
So let's compare the two: on one hand we have 1 confirmed example, and one hearsay example. On the other hand, we have ZERO EVIDENCE OF HER BEING A BUSYBODY. Being a busybody would require more than one instance, and yet that's the line you have decided to make your stance on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody knows for sure.

The two incidents we know of are the ones in which she decided to call the cops. Trying to extrapolate a pattern from 2 cases would make my statistics professor's head explode.
So if extrapolating based on 2 cases is lunacy, what does that make extrapolating based on ZERO cases?

Old 05-10-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not "dismissing" it. Sigh. Again, what did I say in my first post? Maybe it was, but we don't know. This is what I'm dismissing: The very fact that some people instantly state it was based on "racism" without any proof whatsoever. Until we know for sure it was motivated by the other student being black, it is ridiculous to say that this was solely because the other student was black. There is no proof of it. Her being up in everyone elses business is definitely proven. That's all.
How is her being in EVERYONE's business based on ONE example, "definitely proven"?

Old 05-10-2018, 01:28 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Many of us are quick to criticize racist behavior, but in this case there is only real proof of one phone call.

And anyone who thinks that someone would be keeping tabs on calls she made against white students is dreaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies