Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 12:36 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That this white Yale student writes those things is the least surprising news of all.
"How were we supposed know?" -everyone calling her just an annoying busybody 5 min ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 12:37 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And yet the reply to why we don't see it happening to everyone is predictably "well no one's reporting it" or "it doesn't fit the agenda..." Ok. We'll believe that this thing that happens to everyone is just being reported for Black folks. I see people make up all kinds of stories to find an out rather than admit racism, and this is no different. So I'm going to keep using the facts of what I see to stick to my claim, and you can keep using your lack of evidence to stick to yours.
Why push your prejudice as something to be proud of?

Why on earth would CNN, owned by Time Warner, a very important funder of political campaigns, interested in keeping the class divide as large as possible, use valuable resources driving a wedge between working stiff Asians and black Americans for example? It doesnt make sense. It however, DOES make sense for them to polarize the society between the two biggest voting blocs. Thats what the elites have always done, divide and conquer. Now this woman who called the police has been tarred and feathered as an evil racist. Just based on prejudice that she is something else than a nosy person because she is white. Had she been Asian, it wouldnt have entered the school paper.

Next up, Time Warner could tell people like you to shut up and check your heterosexual privillege. They can create a similar story around that. Remember, you occupy a privileged space in the heterosexual community. You benefit from the oppression of homosexuals and isnt it time that you pay a price for this? Then Time Warner will create this narrative and you will then be demonized as the oppressor. If its in Time Warners interests, they will do just that. Riling people up based on meaningless nonsense while they laugh all the way to the bank.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
"How were we supposed know?" -everyone calling her just an annoying busybody 5 min ago
Exactly. Now that her writings are being exposed, she will become a hero of the alt right.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:38 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
The girl may be a busybody, she may be racist, she may have just been scared. We don’t know.
but we also don’t know what happened before she called the police, if she knew this girl, if she had issues with this girl before etc.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:39 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The woman who called the police on the black Yale student writes consistently with such behavior.

‘I Love Hate Speech’: Sarah Braasch, the white woman who called police on Black Yale grad student for napping in dorm, defends slavery and supports burqa ban in writings

https://thegrio.com/2018/05/10/sarah...-grad-student/
She was put on the "pro slavery" side in that debate class...in MIDDLE SCHOOL! Banning burquas is not "racist". Islam is not a race, Muslim is not a race. Of course, we don't get to actually see the article because it was pulled because " it contains racially offensive argumentation", (https://thehumanist.com/magazine/sep...-see-the-light) except there's no proof of that, and again, being against the burqua is not "racist".

Context matters: She "loves hate speech" because she supports the First Amendment.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dayligh...s-legislation/

Quote:
"What my misogynistic Islamist pals don’t know, and how could they, since I was representing not myself, but Ni Putes Ni Soumises during our little exchange, is that literally nothing can deter me from exercising my right to free speech to advocate on behalf of women’s rights as universal human rights without compromise. I am a loner. I will never marry nor have children, which is a tactical choice. I am responsible for no one. I have no possessions. I have no money. I have no family. I have no community. I have no allegiances to any person or group or organization or corporation. I am as free as can be. I have my freedom, which is the only thing I value."
See? I told you she has nothing in her life. And this entire post written by her completely reveals that she is one of those busy body know it all snots who feel that they have to assert their made up authority over EVERYONE.

Of course, the left will simply call this "excuse making" because they don't have a shred of reading comprehension, understanding context, etc.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:44 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
She defended slavery in a high school debate according to the article. You are told which side to support. At least that is what the article says

Old 05-10-2018, 12:48 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
She was put on the "pro slavery" side in that debate class...in MIDDLE SCHOOL! Banning burquas is not "racist". Islam is not a race, Muslim is not a race. Of course, we don't get to actually see the article because it was pulled because " it contains racially offensive argumentation", (https://thehumanist.com/magazine/sep...-see-the-light) except there's no proof of that, and again, being against the burqua is not "racist".

Context matters: She "loves hate speech" because she supports the First Amendment.

Be Careful What You Wish For (Why I Hate Hate Crimes Legislation, But I Love Hate Speech)

See? I told you she has nothing in her life. And this entire post written by her completely reveals that she is one of those busy body know it all snots who feel that they have to assert their made up authority over EVERYONE.

Of course, the left will simply call this "excuse making" because they don't have a shred of reading comprehension, understanding context, etc.
She's such a busybody the only records we have of her calling the cops is against two Black grad students.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:52 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
She's such a busybody the only records we have of her calling the cops is against two Black grad students.
OMG. You were already schooled on that. You even responded to it. And then, mere posts later, you act like you never read what someone already told you: ALL we have is a video of one time where she called the cops on a fellow student. The fellow student said that this nosy hag called the cops on someone, Yale did not produce any records of any sort of call. Nor have they produced any records of any other calls. That does not mean that those calls don't exist, it simply means that nothing has been released, so NO ONE KNOWS, not even you!

Old 05-10-2018, 12:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I find it funny how many right wing posters are making such an effort to try to make this "not racist" but just a busybody student.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'll try to do better.

I'm not allowed to assume genders anyway, remember?

The point is the student was sleeping. We don't know what was on her person or in her vicinity.

The exchange between the two students tells me it had nothing to do with race and everything to do with the rules of sleeping in that area.

I think you were supposed to bow or curtsy or something.

There's a certain type of personality that only feels safe when everyone is adhering. They need order and structure. They thrive on schedules and rules and are proud to follow them. They were tattletales as children and that's something they never outgrow. This is sometimes a result of utter chaos in their households as children. Sometimes they grew up with an alcoholic parent or no boundaries or schedules so they felt unsafe. It's a sickness, really. Many of you probably know someone like this.

She is Judy Hensler on Leave it to Beaver who grew up to be Gladys Kravitz on Bewitched. It wouldn't have mattered if the university president had fallen asleep in that room. She would have probably called the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies