Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 02:26 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,206,433 times

Advertisements

PC is a term that the liberals have coined for for their point of view, and a way of silencing opposing views. However, just because an opinion isn't being voiced, doesn't mean that people aren't thinking it. And this whitewashing only a surface treatment that causes people on the other side to be resentful.

Liberals are such bullies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 02:27 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,812,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
?

Vote for Trump. Do you expect people to get on their knees and grovel for your vote? If you want to drink battery acid, that's totally your prerogative.

There are plenty of White people from middle America who haven't gotten their panties in a bunch over every single slight real or perceived. If you get angry every time Kap takes a knee, I'd advise you to stay away from the PUA blogs and get a girlfriend. It seems like a lot of male Trump voter frustration is a product of their lack of success with women.
I didn’t vote for Trump.
I don’t know yet if I will vote for his second term.
I don’t think I’m a deplorable so I’m not upset.
I have a beautiful successful smart wife and I’d vote for her

Many folks that need hand holding and direction because they’ve grown up in a world where government decides for them- name calling in this form and fashion while it may not upset some of us it probably doesn’t build their trust in the source- is that reasonable?

I’m an issue centric voter. I’d prefer to keep what I’ve earned and I think our handout society has promoted envy and laziness.

Regarding Kap
I could see how Kaps behavior pisses off veterans. I would prefer his “speech” not happen during a national symbol that is celebrated and has given Kap the ability to entertain. His failure to perform on the field is his undoing. The excuses and liberal media painting another picture is getting old

Old 05-15-2018, 02:28 PM

32,120 posts, read 34,792,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
That's a new one, lol! Did you just make that up, or do you have a link?
Nope. I didn't make it up. It's a multi-step process for a lot of guys.

1. Starts out as "nice guy" who believes in the "leftist agenda" of equality
2. Can't get girls. Flustered because the "bad boys" get the hotties they want
3. Turn to PUAs
4. Learns that the Pill and feminism have ruined their chances of scoring a hottie
5. Become an enemy of feminism and anything else they perceive as a threat to status

Now this is the case for many college-educated male Trump supporters. These are guys who feel they might have achieved some success in life and are not receiving their "due" in terms of getting perky HB7s and HB8s. And that's because the pill allows women to get it on with "alphas" leaving the betas with nothing but video games and comic books. And because women now have careers and money, the solid paycheck that would once guarantee them at least an HB6 doesn't move the needle any longer. A lot of the PUA subculture is focused on bringing the current system down. If they can return America to 1950s glory, where women depended on men for survival, then perhaps they can all get a Betty Draper.

And this is where Trump comes in.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:28 PM

13,287 posts, read 8,478,589 times
Pc equates to civil diplomacy. Witholding tongue (of judgmental nature) in favor of acceptance of the differences.

Observe, access and walk kindly.

I can 'dislike' the way in which a person behaves or how it's okay to be racist,bias,or yes....in different to humanity or ones environment. It's called a closed mindedness.

It's not that I really re-arranged my standards in human interaction...just learned to improve upon it. If that is dubbed being pc...than I thank my parent who saw folks or situations in a kinder light. Even when my inner city upbringing endured the civil riots...my mom wasn't angry with crowds reasonings. She was distraught that the ire led to such destruction. Most radicals who thwart pc civility do so without considering how it's conveyed or who is harmed.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:31 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
I liked the PC dip****s better when they were crying in their safe spaces about victimhood.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:31 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,922,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Trump does not lack PC sensibilities. He lacks manners.

BIG difference.
This is a good point. He just wants to be an angry and mean jackass, and say "I'm just telling it like it is"...LOL...no, you're not. You're just saying whatever you want (regardless of accuracy), and you don't care how it affects other people.

I agree that sometimes PC-ness can go a little too far. But just treating each other with respect is not very hard to do. And it's certainly something we should want to see abandoned. Nor is it "PC".

Old 05-15-2018, 02:33 PM

32,120 posts, read 34,792,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I didn’t vote for Trump.
I don’t know yet if I will vote for his second term.
I don’t think I’m a deplorable so I’m not upset, but for many folks that need hand holding and direction because they’ve now grown up in a world where government decides for them- name calling in this form and fashion while it may not upset some folks with thick skin and probably doesn’t build there trust in the source- is that reasonable?
Who cares? These are grown ass men and women. They should vote their conscience and deal with it. If your vote is based on what somebody else is saying about you, then we're already royally screwed as a country.

I'm also not sure why it's incumbent upon Democrats to reach out and "understand" Republican voters. If I recall correctly, Barack Obama won two presidential elections in convincing fashion, but yet I don't recall any articles about Republicans needing to reach out to Obama supporters to figure out where they went wrong, etc.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:34 PM

31,077 posts, read 22,134,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
White American conservatives see an erosion of what they consider the real America. Things like gay or trans rights or even rights for racial minorities rub them the wrong way. Thats why you see so many of them talking about the golden age of the 1950s when white american men had unquestioned authority and privilege. They view wrongly that extending rights to others hurts them.
Hardly, I'm an Aerospace Engineer, a very Conservative and intelligent group. I work with people all over the globe, from all backgrounds. Hardly a group of people who cares about what race or country your from. Your catch all, that all "White American conservatives" fit some racist profile is as ridiculus as saying all blacks are responsible for the high numbers of murders in the country.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,922,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I liked the PC dip****s better when they were crying in their safe spaces about victimhood.
Let's be real: who needs safe spaces these days?

Not a day goes by where the President isn't whining about something and how unfairly everyone is treating him

Old 05-15-2018, 02:43 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,812,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Who cares? These are grown ass men and women. They should vote their conscience and deal with it. If your vote is based on what somebody else is saying about you, then we're already royally screwed as a country.

I'm also not sure why it's incumbent upon Democrats to reach out and "understand" Republican voters. If I recall correctly, Barack Obama won two presidential elections in convincing fashion, but yet I don't recall any articles about Republicans needing to reach out to Obama supporters to figure out where they went wrong, etc.
You assume a sophisticated society.

After 2000 and 2016 with the way our electorate is you need reach out and understand voters in key swing states. At the very least refrain from pissing them off Most politicians not named Hillary Clinton understand this.

And Barack had many successful programs that helped “deplorables” I.e. cash for clunkers. He didn’t offend large areas of his voting base from 2008-2012. Police that’s another story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies