Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 AM

35 posts, read 25,849 times

Advertisements

To me, it's very simple. Believe the decorated Marine that fought in a war or believe the womanizing snake oil salesman who avoided a war?

How Trump supporters continue to defend him is beyond ridiculous

Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What are you here to argue and debate? You certainly are not here in inquiry, or have an educated dialog.
You admitted you don't know.
You're right, there is nothing to argue and debate. The NY Times article clearly reports the exact opposite of what his claimed by the OP.

The Hannity show, would never, in a million years, support the reporting narrative in the NY Times article, which details the criminal investigation of the Trump campaign, and wide-ranging Russian interference and potential collision.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston4321 View Post
To me, it's very simple. Believe the decorated Marine that fought in a war or believe the womanizing snake oil salesman who avoided a war?

How Trump supporters continue to defend him is beyond ridiculous
The evidence bares the truth... I question if some have all the evidence, to make a rational inquiry.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 AM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
In it's effort to get out ahead of all the evidence coming to light about the spying on the Trump campaign, the NYT article finally confirms what many have known for over a year.

The NYT confirms that not only was the FBI spying on the Trump campaign, but the spying was widespread, and included electronic surveillance, and human sources.

It wasn't just FISA warrants against Carter Page, there were four people they were conducting surveillance on. The title 1 FISA warrant allowed them to spy on anyone Carter Page talked to, so much of the Trump campaign was under surveillance.

They also used National Security Letters to get documents without a warrant.

All of this was being done to the opposing presidential candidate, during the election.

Nothing short of irrefutable evidence of Russian collusion could possibly justify this level of spying on the opposing presidential candidate.

The problem is, it's been almost two years, and still not a single piece of evidence of Russian collusion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/u...stigation.html

Remember when the NYT repeatedly said Trump was lying when he tweeted this? What a difference the last year or so has made.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...93273679560704
If it isn't broadcast on CNN hourly, it didn't happen.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
The evidence bares the truth... I question if some have all the evidence, to make a rational inquiry.
That's Mueller's job, and the job of the SDNY. Those criminal investigations will have an endpoint, and it won't be pretty for some.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You're right, there is nothing to argue and debate.

You know I'm right.

Trying to argue on behalf of what you don't know, brings the fool out in all of us.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:52 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
But, I thought NYT was fake news?

I love the hypocrisy. NYT and other news outlets provides various reports on all sorts of Trump wrongdoings and those are ignored. But not this one, this one is right.

The thing I'm not quite understanding here... so, according to the article, this Operation Crossfire started 100 days before the election, that brings us to roughly Aug 1 2016. Many of the key events involving meetings with Russians where allegedly Trump proxies performed some sort of treason happened before that...

So the argument by some people is that... Trump was wiretapped... yet it happened after he did whatever other people believe was illegal...therefore... what? They should have tapped earlier and caught him? Seems to me like that they had the authority to do this. People are upset that the FBI looked into Trump when there's a whole lot of smoke?

Yeah, I get it. He's "your guy" and you don't want to lose.

But can we see please see the forest from the trees? Russians did indeed meddle with our elections. I'd rather see some steps taken to prevent that first, then seek out the wrong doers later.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:00 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It was an excellent report and showed definite unequal treatment (actually favorable treatment toward the Trump campaign). Honestly, I agree that the FBI really mismanaged this and kept this information from me prior to the election. I think the voters had the right to know. However, nothing was proven at that point and I get that they didn't want to tip the scales prior to having more information. But I think we all deserved to know what was happening in those early days.
Yes I agree, they didn't want to steer the election one way or the other but in the case of the Weiner laptop their hand was forced because of the leaks in the NYPD, it would have been worse if it came out just before the election.

Giuliani had close ties to the NYPD and the NY FBI offices. also Trump was a large donor to charities for the fallen veterans and law enforcement founded by former FBI agent James Kallstrom. Kallstrom was also critical of the Clinton investigation.

Quote:
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani was so tight with the New York FBI that he boasted about his advance knowledge of that impending development in several cryptic announcements about the October surprise. Giuliani’s ties to the New York FBI go back to his days as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

In 2016, on October 25, 26 and 28, Giuliani, then a prominent media spokesman for Trump, announced on various programs, including Fox News, that he expected “surprises” for Trump that were coming from the FBI. He also bragged that he had gotten that information from “a few active agents, who obviously don't want to identify themselves” about the Weiner/Clinton email investigation.

What Does James Comey Know About Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton and the FBI?

Old 05-17-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:

Trying to argue on behalf of what you don't know, brings the fool out in all of us.
Truer words have never been spoken.

People who hate the NY Times now weirdly arguing for the NY Times, even though the NY Times writes the exact opposite of what they're claiming, and all because Hannity told them so.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
The only thing confirmed on this thread is that the OP either can’t read or is intentionally lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies