Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 03:14 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Sensible gun control should be equal to owning a car :
1#: Gun registration with the Government
#2: Gun owners should have to pay liability insurance
#3: Pay a yearly fee to own & carry a gun just like you do to own a car
Except your car is not protected by our constitution. Thanks for playing, though.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:15 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude2013 View Post
Home Depot doesn’t sell weapons.
They quite obviously lease them.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Home Depot doesn’t sell weapons. I get it, you don’t want gun owners to be held responsible for their actions. Personal responsibility isn’t a convenience to you.
Where do you get that? Of course gun owners that use the gun to kill should be held responsible. But gun owners whose guns are used to kill after having been stolen have ZERO responsibility.

I get it. Nothing is ever anyone's fault, according to liberals.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You seriously believe that if someone steals my gun, my car, etc., and kills someone with it, then I'm responsible? Good lord......
Yes, actually you could be if you were negligent in securing a weapon that was subsequently used to commit a crime. This came up a couple of years ago when a visitor to my neighborhood left his loaded handgun in his unlocked vehicle parked overnight in his girlfriend's driveway. The vehicle was subsequently stolen, and fortunately the weapon was recovered without incident.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:17 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They quite obviously lease them.
Weapons? I have not seen that at any HD I've ever been to.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Steals your gun yes... Cars are for transport, so that argument is silly.

Your ilk seems to sticking up for bad gun owners. Not a good look.
If my gun is locked in my home, and it's stolen, then used to kill, it's my responsibility?

Your ilk apparently sticks up for murdering thieves. Not sure how that makes you look....

Old 05-18-2018, 03:21 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The US does NOT have a higher rate of mental illness than England or France or Spain or any country in Europe where school shootings are not anywhere near as common as here. What the US DOES have is a much higher rate of gun ownership. Get rid of the guns!
There are a lot of countries with very restrictive rules for owning guns, that didn't stop the criminal elements from getting them, Mexico is one example, countries in south America such as Columbia is another. When they banned guns in Australia in 1996, homicides by guns dropped, but other types of crimes have increased, including homicides by stabbings.

The problem is not the guns, again, man has been killing man since the beginning of time, long before guns were invented.

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. A thief has no legal standing whatsoever to use another's personal property. Borrowers/leasees DO have explicit permission to use another's private property, but any crime committed by the borrower/leasee with such property is NOT the owner's liability. I already gave the prime example: Home Depot and their rental truck used in the recent NYC mass murder.
Once someone meets the qualifications to rent something, that should absolve a person from any charges in a crime they commit while using the rented item.

I think that's much different than being careless with dangerous items and, through your carelessness, a crime is committed with the item/items.

As in, if Home Depot rented a truck to someone with no ID and no license to drive and they went out and killed someone. Home Depot should then be liable.

This is why bars tend to cut off people who appear to be really intoxicated. Bars have been held liable in the past.

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Well it looks like we will need new gun laws since irresponsible gun owners keep letting their guns get into the wrong hands.

Way to go folks who lack personal responsibility!
Can we have concurrent new lease laws so that renters cannot lease anything to Muslims (including housing which can be used to construct pipe bombs, etc. out of sight) that can possibly be used as a weapon because we already know know Muslims commit mass murder jihads in the US? Or do you have a problem with that?

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Some of these disturbed young adults feed off the media and decide it's a great idea for them to do it too--(shoot a large amount of people in a public place) for some unresolved issue they are living and their idea is to shoot the innocent and that gets them instant, memorable notoriety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies