Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 03:35 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There is no solution to this problem in the United States. Even if they were banned completely, there are enough guns here and south of the border to feed a black market for the next 100 years.

The ONLY thing we can do is work on prevention. That means metal detectors in all schools! I don’t care how much it costs. There are several useless and highly paid administrators in every school district. Get rid of two or three and use that money for security.
I'm not against metal detectors, but the Parkland kids got shot during a fire alarm and so did these kids.

Tell me what sort of metal detector anyone is paying attention to during a fire alarm?

None.

And, kids are getting shot outdoors when they exit due to a pulled alarm.

We need people to quit giving kids access to weapons.

There was no reason this 17yo today should have had his dad's guns. There was no reason Adam Lanza should have had access to his mom's guns. None.

The Parkland shooter should have been flagged. That kid had major mental problems.

This is part of the issue. Laxity. It's not that we need more laws. We just need to enforce the ones we have AND we need people who own guns to be responsible with them.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:36 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
So the guns use were a shotgun and a pistol. I saw something where one person grew up in the area and many students had shotguns in their vehicles on a rack. No shootings back then.
Clearly the issue isn't with the guns, it's with the people.
And for those that want to ban the AR as a weapon of mass killing, a plain shotgun proved the ar is no more lethal than another firearm. Outside of the guns, apparently there are bombs planted at the school. Banning guns won't stop that kind of thing.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:36 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I know their videogames are censored...

Their cultures are vastly different than ours...
Take for example my brother in law. He's from Poland.
Women in Poland stay home to raise kids men work. Kids aren't raised by videogames fast food junk food electronics. Church is a big thing there...
So much so, that the idea of Muslim refugees migrating there is more controversial and opposed than illegal immigrants here in the states. Think we are bad/oppressive/racist? Poland says hold our beer.
Think white kids at a college with tiki torches is shocking? Ever see entire towns do the same marching with flags and torches?

Their culture, their religious beliefs, etc are far different than that of the UK or Holland Or Germany etc etc.

If you think America is racist/prejudiced... go talk to someone from Poland. They hate Germans, they hate Russians even more.

Their values are more conservative and traditional in the sense of divorce isn't preached it's sort your problems out like adults and/or stay miserable forever.
Family is a big thing there too. Where we rush granny and gramps to the long term care facility, they move theirs in with them, and they are to be respected in a God like manner.
At least that's how my brother in law tells it. He ever used foul language in front of his grand parents, the beating he received from the grandfather never mind the one that followed from his father, are etched in his memory LOL.

I'm no expert on Polish culture and values. But having met my brother in laws parents and some of his extended family who came for vacation, they are more old school than we are socially.
Except most of Europe is way more liberal then us and they have way less mass shootings. Your point makes little to no sense.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
True. Can we have concurrent new lease laws so that renters cannot lease anything to Muslims (including housing which can be used to construct pipe bombs, etc. out of sight) that can possibly be used as a weapon because we already know know Muslims commit mass murder jihads in the US? Or do you have a problem with that?
That's stupid. Not all Muslims are out running people over. I guess we could say the same about renting large trucks to white guys who want to haul fertilizer.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:37 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
There are a number of causes of action based on negligence, willful conduct, negligent entrustment, and employee misfeasance.

The Graves Act will not protect the leasing company.
So... where's the legal mass murder case against Home depot?

Old 05-18-2018, 03:38 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Welcome to the new norm for these kids. I wonder whether it was another AR15?!?! But hey we Americans love our guns.
Nice inference . . . it was not an Ar, it was a shotgun reportedly.

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
When I was a high-schooler (late 1960's), there was a list, hidden from view, behind the front desk in the principal's office; in reality, most of the more responsible students knew about it, and it was referred to as the "(crap) list", and most of the riffraff on it proved why they couldn't be trusted within a short time after they graduated or, more likely, dropped out. I wonder if such a practice would cause an uproar among the over-sensitized if it were revealed today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How many guns are owned in the US? How many have been used in school shootings?
This isn't even just about school shootings. How many kids have shot themselves, their siblings, their parents, or their friends with guns that lax owners left just lying around the house?

That number is huge.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude2013 View Post
That would be a civil rights violation.
Civil Rights. Interesting. Restricting the Right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional violation.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude2013 View Post
Not relevant
Totally relevant, based on your objection. So, answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies