Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 11:18 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,943,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Again, you don't set the terms.
Ok so all the other religions are wrong? Not to mention all the Christians who don't subscribe to your version of hell. Seems like an awfully convoluted way of getting followers. Your God should make it clear to the whole planet what the truth is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 11:22 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Ok so all the other religions are wrong? Not to mention all the Christians who don't subscribe to your version of hell. Seems like an awfully convoluted way of getting followers. Your God should make it clear to the whole planet what the truth is.

There's no convincing people like scgraham. I grew up in a church like his/hers and believed the same things. Anybody trying to make any claim he/she doesn't agree with is automatically a tool of the devil and is out to deceive people from the one true path.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:24 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times
I believe God's existence is directly proportional to Donald Trump's righteousness!

Old 05-20-2018, 11:26 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Regarding Trump, God could be using fire to fight fire against satan's establishment (deep state).
Since there is no Deep State your ideas have no validity at all.

You can rationalize all you want but it's just a bunch of man-made up nonsense.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:30 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
People been saying the end of world is near for over a thousand years, when is the The End going to happen? Must we forget, religion is man made.
Every know-it-all who has forecast the end of the world has been wrong; I have no reason they'll be right this time... unless they are actually the ones "pushing the red button," in which case that's cheating, not prophesy.

It disgusts me how too many "Christian" won't call these psychopaths out on their apocalypse fantasies. To think that these types - and their worst followers - actually want to bath the world in blood just so they can supposedly ascend... and basically leave everyone else who's "different" behind to die in the inferno. Ugh... it's about as sane as sabotaging the smoke alarms in your apartment and then setting it on fire so only you survive. It is truly a disgusting and murderous attitude by these "religious" nuts who so badly want the world to end.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:32 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I'll have to use a general number, as I can not recall the exact, but ... there are thousands of different Christian sects and they all believe they are the only ones going to Heaven.

As an earthly father to their children teach their children their are consequences to the actions, so does God teach His children their are consequences to their actions.

Thousands of years ago the Christian church split (Martin Luther) and there were those who believed in a personal relationship with God. That took the power of the people away from the priests and in their ability to manipulate everyone. (Islam today is going through a split taking power from their Imams)

God has made it clear to each one of us and it is up to us to determine that which is true for us. And everyone has their own opinion as to what that truth is, yet there is only one truth. Interesting how that works out.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
There's no convincing people like scgraham. I grew up in a church like his/hers and believed the same things. Anybody trying to make any claim he/she doesn't agree with is automatically a tool of the devil and is out to deceive people from the one true path.
This is true. Brainwashed people are not capable of rational discourse, so it's useless to make the attempt. Several posters in this thread have aptly demonstrated that truth.

Best to leave them with their delusions. As you said, there's no talking them out of them.

That said, there is no reason the rest of us should be governed by said delusions. There is a separation of church and state precisely so that the sane among us are not subjected to the will of the not so sane. And religious fanatics absolutely fall into the second category.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yeah, I've argued with these types before. They are sadly immune to external reason - they have to find enlightenment and rationality on their own.

One of my friends is like this - he really believes that only people from his specific branch of Christianity will get to heaven because he had the misfortune of being raised in a hard-right, deeply religious household. To him, everyone else will burn, forever. OK... so, I've pressured him about how convenient it is that the "one true faith" just HAPPENS to be his, and why a loving and just God would condemn nearly everyone to damnation based upon whatever other religion into which they happened to be born. He has no logical answer, of course, and instead just gets mad and starts repeated blunt "facts," like "THAT"S WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS!!!" Great. And other religion's holy texts say differently - what makes yours right? What follows, of course, is "the bible is right because it says so." He didn't like it when I pointed out that had he been born in the Middle East, he'd feel the same about Islam (a religion he hates, just as the far-right tells him to do)! Ugh...

If people spent all the energy they waste on condemning others and trying to bring about the apocalypse on useful things, the world would be such a nicer place.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Since there is no Deep State your ideas have no validity at all.

You can rationalize all you want but it's just a bunch of man-made up nonsense.
Actually there is.

Project MK Ultra happened not that long ago. One of the goals was to develop mind controlled assassins who would carry out Govts dirty work.

...A couple decades later, we see a rash of 'lonewolf gunman' going on shooting sprees, (which is slowly changing public opinion on guns, to something that would benefit a tyrannical govt), doesnt take a rocket scientist to see a possible connection here. (or why they would want to make it look like a bunch of lonewolves).

Old 05-20-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
And hes had access to these for how long now....without anything drastic happening...I guess thats just luck or?
Trump is an unpredictable idiot who basically blows whichever way the wind goes. He also has a astounding ability to screw up things that one shouldn't be able to screw up. While I honestly don't see him starting a nuclear war, he is, by far, the politician most likely to do something that stupid in a long, LONG time. The man's track record is one of astounding failure, waffling, bullying, chest-beating, and pathetic attempts to ingratiate himself with others. I wouldn't trust him with my car keys, much less the nuclear codes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies