Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 10:59 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times

Advertisements

Generally, you would think that, as we evolve, we would become more civilized, more dignified, and learn to have a little more class. Sadly, it seems the opposite is true. I think America is at one of the lowest spots it has ever been with regard to how we conduct ourselves.

When I hear "Christian" ladies on TV saying "We don't care what Donald Trump says or does, we did not vote for him to be a father or preacher" it makes me want to gag. How we can accept this man, a man we hold up to the rest of the world, a man who is commissioned to forge our future, and not care about whether he is honest, ethical, or civil, is beyond me.

We should care. How can we expect more of ourselves and others if we set such a low bar for the President of this country ? It is just astounding to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 11:14 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Generally, you would think that, as we evolve, we would become more civilized, more dignified, and learn to have a little more class. Sadly, it seems the opposite is true. I think America is at one of the lowest spots it has ever been with regard to how we conduct ourselves.

When I hear "Christian" ladies on TV saying "We don't care what Donald Trump says or does, we did not vote for him to be a father or preacher" it makes me want to gag. How we can accept this man, a man we hold up to the rest of the world, a man who is commissioned to forge our future, and not care about whether he is honest, ethical, or civil, is beyond me.

We should care. How can we expect more of ourselves and others if we set such a low bar for the President of this country ? It is just astounding to me.
You know as Regan said that our freedoms is but one generation away from being gone ... peace is but one generation away from getting here ... I have hope.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Gosh, I’m so proud that I ditched Christianity at a young age. I knew I was doing the right thing.

These Evangelicals do a great job of confirming everything I’d always suspected about church hypocrisy.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:27 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Gosh, I’m so proud that I ditched Christianity at a young age. I knew I was doing the right thing.

These Evangelicals do a great job of confirming everything I’d always suspected about church hypocrisy.

I am still a believer in some power higher than us, but I left organized religion when I was a kid because of people like the "Christians" who sin all week and repent on Sunday, then do it all over again the next week.

Same when I see "religious" folks justifying all the things that Trump does, pure hypocrisy.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:38 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Nope, it is because his handlers hid the button and told him it is in the shop for repairs.
ROTFLMAO .

Old 05-21-2018, 01:26 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And we believe the scientist, just as those who believe(d) the priests, because the priests were held to know that which they didn't. Same thing.
Not at all.

A central tenant to science is publishing your work. And for it to be scientifically valid, it needs to be reproducible.

It's a VERY big deal if you publish your work and it is not reproducible.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:45 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We bring it up because the evangelicals--you know, those oh-so-holier-than-thou hypocrites who are continually preaching at us about morality and living a God-like life--have thoroughly embraced and supported this most perfect example of everything they pretend to be against.

EXACTLY...a serial adulterer, a man-HO(AKA- as a FORNICATOR),a PATHOLIGICAL LIAR, and a criminal lawbreaker!
More proof that so many professing to be "Christians" are nothing but phony Sunday morning, pew-warming hypocrites! Park outside any church on Sunday morning and see how few even carry what they call~ "the sword of truth"(their Bibles)!The vast majority don't even read it!

Old 05-21-2018, 03:31 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,325,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Not at all.

A central tenant to science is publishing your work. And for it to be scientifically valid, it needs to be reproducible.

It's a VERY big deal if you publish your work and it is not reproducible.
I hate to interrupt your daily dose of mouth-foaming indignation against Trump/his evangelical supporters, but this isn't really true.

How many here are aware that the Neo-Darwinian synthesis failed last century? Given the wide-ranging implications that this has in our understanding of biological origins, perhaps they should have made more effort to disseminate this news to the general public.

The new biology: beyond the Modern Synthesis | Rose, Oakley, 2007 | Biology Direct | NCBI

Instead, all the public got was a 'business as usual' facade of obfuscation and damage control regarding the ramifications of a post-modern biology, complemented by the usual scientifically illiterate buffoonery by the Dawkins brigade.

Here's a more realistic sequence of what happens when a popular scientific theory is falsified:

1. Exclude new findings as outliers.
2. Carefully introduce ad hoc adjustments to your falsified theory, in a way that attracts the least suspicion.
3. Render the falsified theory unfalsifiable by turning it into an a priori doctrine.
4. Retreat to metaphysical speculation and circular reasoning to smokescreen confirmatory cherry picking.
5. Declare publicly that 'the science is settled' and denounce critics as science deniers.
6. Start working on a radically new theory behind the scenes to replace the previous one.
7. Engage media agenda to present new theory as an incremental development.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:33 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They possibly saw the corruption of the Clintons as a much bigger deal then the flaws of Trump.
Many People did not vote for trump, they voted against Hillary. But you knew that.

Even you Dems didn't want her in 2008.
Me Dem? I didn’t want ANY of those arse hats in office you all keep voting for what you THINK is the lesser of two evils. Then you all stick your head in the collective sandbox thinking you’ve done a good thing. Not giving a damn when they are no better then the what you THOUGHT was more evil.

There you go THINKING that Trump isn’t curropt.

As a Pagan I sit back and watch those of you who call yourselfs Christians take this country and shove it deeper into the rabbit hole, all you THINK. It’s what your God wants.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:38 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Actually, you minions of satan are the psychopaths; you're on a suicide mission because you can't dethrone God like you do political figures. You've CHOSEN to side with satan, so you'll bear the consequences.

Regarding Trump, God could be using fire to fight fire against satan's establishment (deep state). Finally, it's quite paradoxical for liberals to point out Trump's faults.
Impressive yoga pose sir. Hope you didn't hurt yourself on that last twist.

Dear Lord up above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies