Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 12:09 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Right. Endless suffering and misery. Excruciating pain and agony lasting billions and trillions of years of never ending torture and sadistic cruelty because...God loves us.

LOL,LOL,LOL! All Religion is man-made based on superstition and the asinine God-myth! The irony in your statement is that the hell you describe and what is falsely preached in churches.... is from stupidity and a total lack of reading comprehension of their own scriptures! Man is not immortal!
1 Timothy 6:14 ... our Lord Jesus Christ 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords, 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

So are they saying their God makes them immortal to burn eternally in hell? There are countless scriptures that say "the wages of sin are death", but the liars or idiots in the pulpits preach that the wages of sin are eternal torment. They preach that "God is Love" yet missionaries hand out New Testaments, not full Bibles with the Old Testament included, because it would scare potential converts away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 12:10 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
I've never heard a word about Trump being elected because he's a model of Christian virtue. So weird people keep harping on this.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've never heard a word about Trump being elected because he's a model of Christian virtue. So weird people keep harping on this.
We bring it up because the evangelicals--you know, those oh-so-holier-than-thou hypocrites who are continually preaching at us about morality and living a God-like life--have thoroughly embraced and supported this most perfect example of everything they pretend to be against.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:14 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yet Christians overwhelming voted for him and the religious right tend ready to have his back.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
And, people will be mocking right when it happens -- just as they were doing when God flooded the whole world in Noah's days. The mockers were all of sudden panic-stricken believers, but it was too late for them because the door to the ark of safety was closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Would God have entrusted a man with the qualities of Trump to ensure the survival of the human race, or, do you think he would be one of those wiped out in the flood?
Are you going to answer, or not?

Old 05-20-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Explain that which is unseen and we'll have a go.
But you see, I can demonstrate the existence of gravity. Can you demonstrate the existence of God?

Quote:
btw: Scientist do that all the time, they call them theories ...
Fair enough. So using your analogy, you are saying that God is merely a "theory?" I can live with that.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Oh the church lady ...

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.", The Usual Suspects (1995)

In all things we strive to maintain a balance ... (#7) ; sometimes things get thrown off balance. The third seal and the black horse with the horseman mentioned in Revelations 6:5; in his hand was a set of balances.

In humanity there is good and evil, (unless a person chooses to not believe in either) that scale can be tipped to either side, depending on how people choose to believe and in what.

In nature there too is a balance through the study of ancient civilization we learn what happens to those when we tip the scales socially and economically to becoming unbalanced. Then mother nature too has a habit of tipping those scales delivering destruction in its wake.

There is no right or wrong in any of this. There is but what a person sees and gives credence to personally ... that's all.

I believe those who wrote the Bible saw the patterns that happened in their lifetime and they wrote about it. We could learn from it, but many of us choose not to.

Satan (like using the word gravity so as we understand) was the word used for evil, bad things, things not of the nature of the good in humanity. If we don't believe in one, how can we believe in the other?

Old 05-20-2018, 01:24 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Corruption in the Church leaders ... He called them out on it and that got Him dead.

PS: got a love politics ...
Actually, the Pharisees were not the 'church' leaders, the Sadducees were.

Nevertheless the analogy is appropriate.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:42 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Actually, you minions of satan are the psychopaths; you're on a suicide mission because you can't dethrone God like you do political figures. You've CHOSEN to side with satan, so you'll bear the consequences.

Regarding Trump, God could be using fire to fight fire against satan's establishment (deep state). Finally, it's quite paradoxical for liberals to point out Trump's faults.
And your god enjoys torturing people until the end of time just for speaking the truth (evangelicals are hypocrites). Practically the definition of a psychopath. You remind me why I turned my back on the Christian religion more than fifty years ago.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And your god enjoys torturing people until the end of time just for speaking the truth (evangelicals are hypocrites). Practically the definition of a psychopath. You remind me why I turned my back on the Christian religion more than fifty years ago.
Yes, there are numerous posters here on C-D who continually remind me that leaving organized religion when I was 16 was absolutely the right thing to do. They reaffirm on a daily basis that I want nothing to do with their "God." What a horrific deity they worship.

Now Christ is someone whose words I could believe in. It's a shame so many Christians don't seem to be acquainted with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies