Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 03:00 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yet Christians overwhelming voted for him and the religious right tend ready to have his back.
They possibly saw the corruption of the Clintons as a much bigger deal then the flaws of Trump.
Many People did not vote for trump, they voted against Hillary. But you knew that.

Even you Dems didn't want her in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 03:03 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Fifty years ago, fanatical extremists gained control of the Southern Baptist Convention and systematically converted it into a cult. They ejected any minister who would not take an oath that the Bible was literal and inerrant, then proceeded to go down the line of Baptist educators and church officers, eliminating any who would not toe the literalist line. They removed any shred of reason or intellectual honesty from the whole denomination.

The Republican party adopted the tactics wholesale, with the RINO campaign, and by blocking approval of any judicial appointments who were not biblical literalists. They have found that an easy path to power is appealing to the lowest and basest impulses of the mob. In their lust for power, political evangelicals have abandoned Christ and converted wholesale to the practice of Satanism.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:21 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Fifty years ago, fanatical extremists gained control of the Southern Baptist Convention and systematically converted it into a cult. They ejected any minister who would not take an oath that the Bible was literal and inerrant, then proceeded to go down the line of Baptist educators and church officers, eliminating any who would not toe the literalist line. They removed any shred of reason or intellectual honesty from the whole denomination.

The Republican party adopted the tactics wholesale, with the RINO campaign, and by blocking approval of any judicial appointments who were not biblical literalists. They have found that an easy path to power is appealing to the lowest and basest impulses of the mob. In their lust for power, political evangelicals have abandoned Christ and converted wholesale to the practice of Satanism.
Gandhi had it right: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Old 05-20-2018, 04:28 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, there are numerous posters here on C-D who continually remind me that leaving organized religion when I was 16 was absolutely the right thing to do. They reaffirm on a daily basis that I want nothing to do with their "God." What a horrific deity they worship.

Now Christ is someone whose words I could believe in. It's a shame so many Christians don't seem to be acquainted with him.

I left the church after the SCOTUS decision on gay marriage in 2015. I had enough. It was beyond hard to believe how much people were losing the minds over people loving each other. I went back in 2016 after a situation where I thought God might be trying to get my attention and the sermon was on what else but gay marriage. That was the final straw. Now I only go on holidays to appease my parents and if it wasn't for that, I would never go again. The Trump era has only confirmed and reaffirmed that was the right decision.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:29 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
And, people will be mocking right when it happens -- just as they were doing when God flooded the whole world in Noah's days. The mockers were all of sudden panic-stricken believers, but it was too late for them because the door to the ark of safety was closed.
There have been floods throughout Earth's history but at no time was the entire planet flooded. That's just a myth based on a Bronze Age saga, nothing more. Human civilization will more than likely end at some point. We'll either destroy ourselves or leave the planet. In a few billion years what was once our sun will go nova and fry the inner planets to a crisp. No biblical deity is required. So yeah, it'll end but not the way you envision it.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:31 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
And hes had access to these for how long now....without anything drastic happening...I guess thats just luck or?

Nope, it is because his handlers hid the button and told him it is in the shop for repairs.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:38 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Do you believe in Science?

Everyone is brainwashed by something. Pick your poison ...
Science is not a belief system, it's based on observable, verifiable evidence. Of all the millions of religions in the world not one is able to provide proof to back up their claims. That includes Christianity.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:43 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
There have been floods throughout Earth's history but at no time was the entire planet flooded. That's just a myth based on a Bronze Age saga, nothing more. Human civilization will more than likely end at some point. We'll either destroy ourselves or leave the planet. In a few billion years what was once our sun will go nova and fry the inner planets to a crisp. No biblical deity is required. So yeah, it'll end but not the way you envision it.
Quote:
There have been floods throughout Earth's history but at no time was the entire planet flooded.
The earth was flat as far as they knew when they wrote of the flooded earth. Think about it. Noah was building an Ark at a time when they knew nothing but drought. He told them not only would the rain come, but it would be a flood. They thought him to be a funny hatter.

Revelations is about the end of the world. (I have a different take on that but) What did they think they knew then, that we think ... they were funny to write about it? Where as a flood supposedly ended all then, how in the hell would a fire do that now? Oh, I think you said, nova and a super one at that ... oh and no deity required.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:47 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Science is not a belief system, it's based on observable, verifiable evidence. Of all the millions of religions in the world not one is able to provide proof to back up their claims. That includes Christianity.
And we believe the scientist, just as those who believe(d) the priests, because the priests were held to know that which they didn't. Same thing.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:51 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
god damn taliban in suites

they are no different than jihadists and maoists
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies