Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 06:46 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The salty conservative tears in this thread are too much...lol

Starbucks removes any doubt that racism played a role in those Black men being targeted, so Conservatives lash out and hope for all the ways the policy can backfire.

Nevermind that this had been their policy for years, and none of the fear-mongering scenarios have taken place yet.

If it has been their policy for years, why are they announcing a new policy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 07:03 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
If it has been their policy for years, why are they announcing a new policy?
It's not a new policy. They're explicitly stating what's been implicitly understood by anybody with a lick of common sense who's been to a Starbucks or any coffee shop chain before.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
It's not a new policy. They're explicitly stating what's been implicitly understood by anybody with a lick of ommon sense who's been to a Starbucks or any coffee shop chain before.
No, I just reread 2articles where they state it is new policy.

Furthermore, one executive called their old policy vague.

Were this their standard policy, they would have reiterated it instead of casting it as new.

Here it is right here:

“This is now an established policy for consistency across all of our U.S. company operated stores,” Haley Drage, a Starbucks spokeswoman, said on Sunday.

This comes from a New York Times article which describes it as "New."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/20/b...restrooms.html

I have little problem with what a private business does. But it is clear your statements are a bit on the inaccurate side of things.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:15 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No, I just reread 2articles where they state it is new policy.

Furthermore, one executive called their old policy vague.

Were this their standard policy, they would have reiterated it instead of casting it as new.

Here it is right here:

“This is now an established policy for consistency across all of our U.S. company operated stores,” Haley Drage, a Starbucks spokeswoman, said on Sunday.

This comes from a New York Times article which describes it as "New."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/20/b...restrooms.html

I have little problem with what a private business does. But it is clear your statements are a bit on the inaccurate side of things.
Do you understand what "consistency" means?

Old 05-22-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Do you understand what "consistency" means?
I might as you the same thing.

From what I have read, their old policy was vague and thus inconsistent. The Philly store in question had signs about loitering without purchasing something according the WSJ.

Eddie: If something is vague, it leaves room for a wide array of interpretations. And that is a recipe for instances like Philly.

Now with their NEW policy, they will have clarity.

There it is. Be happy.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 AM

19,641 posts, read 12,231,401 times
So can we bring out Dunkin Donuts coffees in and use their wifi?

Old 05-22-2018, 10:59 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
glad to be an ex customer
Same here.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So can we bring out Dunkin Donuts coffees in and use their wifi?
Yes

Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,181,366 times
I don't understand why so many people care.

Didn't you whiners start protesting Starbucks years ago over a cup? What do you care who they welcome into their stores?

Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Peak meal time? Have you ever been to a Starbucks? They serve coffee. People don't go there for lunch and dinner. They typically also have a lot of open seating since most people grab their coffee and go.

But if you want to waste your time sitting a Starbucks for hours at a time each day, have at it. Most people have better things to do in life and aren't going to care about what you are doing.
Actually people do go their for a bite to eat (breakfast, lunch and/or dinner) to have with their beverage. Starbucks has lots of food items. I remember a year or so ago they had some type of meal deal going on where you pay a set price and pick out various items for your meal bag. About two years ago I used to go in and have an oatmeal breakfast with my drink. Back then it wasn't uncommon for me to spend $10.00 - $15.00 per visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies